ROCKS OFF - The Charlie Watts Message Board

© 1964 Dezo Hoffmann
[THE WET PAGE] [IORR NEWS] [SETLISTS 1962-2003] [THE A/V ROOM] [THE ART GALLERY] [MICK JAGGER] [KEITHFUCIUS] [CHARLIE WATTS ] [RON WOOD] [BRIAN JONES] [MICK TAYLOR] [BILL WYMAN] [IAN STEWART ] [NICKY HOPKINS] [MERRY CLAYTON] [IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN] [BERNARD FOWLER] [LISA FISCHER] [DARRYL JONES] [BOBBY KEYS] [JAMES PHELGE] [CHUCK LEAVELL] [LINKS] [PHOTOS] [MAGAZINE COVERS] [MUSIC COVERS ] [JIMI HENDRIX] [BOOTLEGS] [TEMPLE] [GUESTBOOK] [ADMIN]

[CHAT ROOM aka THE FUN HOUSE] [RESTROOMS]

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED) inside.
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
ROCKS OFF - The Charlie Watts Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Rocks Off T-Shirt Idea!!!!! Return to archive Page: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
July 13th, 2004 03:20 PM
Main Offender nmi
[Edited by Gazza]
July 13th, 2004 03:24 PM
LadyJane I LOVE the idea of an official RO T-shirt!! We really do need one before the '05 Tour.

Let's make this happen.

LJ.
[Edited by LadyJane]
July 13th, 2004 03:27 PM
Moonisup good idea!

maybe is this photo an idea

July 13th, 2004 03:41 PM
LadyJane Rik...that one will be reserved just for YOU!!!

I'm thinking something to incorporate all of our inside nonsense....www.howemilitary.com//sheep//the asylum//chiba//mickaholics//the Unholy Trinity//10k twins, etc.

Dammit..where the Hell is Nanky?? I'm sure he'd come up with something really, really good!!

LJ.
July 13th, 2004 03:45 PM
Monkey Woman Or maybe this one?

http://www.rocksoff.org/wereonlyinitforthemoney-edit15.jpg
July 13th, 2004 03:51 PM
LadyJane MW..always thinking!! The collage would look great on the back of the shirt...BUT...it must be updated. After all I'm not in there and I don't think you are either!!!

I'm serious...we have to have an official shirt!! And it must be demented.

LJ.
July 13th, 2004 03:57 PM
Monkey Woman I definetely agree on the "demented"!

Yes, the collage (updated?) would look great on the back... Let's say a black tee-shirt? Or dark red? For the front, we need a 110% crazy design... Other suggestions: lyrics from Snappy's "Rocks Off Hero", a tasty selection from the "Teachings of Keithfucius"... There's soooo much material!
July 13th, 2004 04:05 PM
gypsy I think it's a great idea. LadyJane and I were talking about it just the other night.

We need something positive that shows that we are unified, brought together by our love for the Stones and Rocks Off. Which is why bringing Keno into it wouldn't work...plus, it's mean...I don't know the guy, so I have no clue about him.
July 13th, 2004 04:12 PM
Factory Girl Pie
July 13th, 2004 04:51 PM
Main Offender nmi
[Edited by Gazza]
July 13th, 2004 05:23 PM
Monkey Woman (Edited because irrelevant now.)

[Edited by Monkey Woman]
July 13th, 2004 06:02 PM
gypsy My best friend is an English teacher...and she teaches art and photography on the side...and she showed me some shirts she made for some of her classes...and they were really cool. I will ask her for some advice tonight...we have to have a basic template and all that. She's very creative...the shirts she showed me were really cool. Not like anything we had back in high school.
July 13th, 2004 06:04 PM
Phog The idea of an official RO tshirt is pretty good. I'll definately buy one. We shouldn't taint the shirt with the whole Keno debacle, even though it would be funny.
July 13th, 2004 06:56 PM
Phog The Shidoobee folks have shirts (long and short sleeve) and baseball hats. The shirt should include the lettering we commonly see at the bottom of the header pics (that's a no-brainer). As for photos, I have no clue, but I'm hoping these shirts materialize.
July 13th, 2004 08:36 PM
LadyJane Phog..if gypsy and I have anything to say, we WILL have an official RO shirt.

I'm thinking maybe a contest is in order. We need something to keep us all in Stones mode. And now that Joey and Josh have surpassed the historic milestone, things will surely get quiet around these parts.

We have so many talented people here...and demented.

Trinity..how do you feel about this???

LJ.
July 13th, 2004 08:41 PM
Phog Was Woodywoodpecker the RO'er with all the original artwork? If so, I quite liked some of his stuff. Maybe he could whip something up for this.
July 13th, 2004 09:43 PM
Stonesdoug The Shidoobee folks have shirts (long and short sleeve) and baseball hats.

We also have some mighty tasty SHIDOOBEE work-out bras...
July 13th, 2004 10:00 PM
mac_daddy
quote:
Stonesdoug wrote:
The Shidoobee folks have shirts (long and short sleeve) and baseball hats.

We also have some mighty tasty SHIDOOBEE work-out bras...

did you ever make any stickers..?
July 13th, 2004 10:51 PM
MarthaMyDear Patti Smith?

*** Martha ***
July 14th, 2004 12:22 AM
Sir Stonesalot How about the "omega" symbol from Mick's '69 tour shirt, with "Rocks Off" printed on the symbol, and the "We're Only In It For The Money" collage(updated) on the back?
July 14th, 2004 12:51 AM
mac_daddy
quote:
Sir Stonesalot wrote:
How about the "omega" symbol from Mick's '69 tour shirt, with "Rocks Off" printed on the symbol, and the "We're Only In It For The Money" collage(updated) on the back?

that's a great idea...

subtle.

but, isn't that an aquarius symbol..?

July 14th, 2004 01:17 AM
stonedinaustralia
quote:
mac_daddy wrote:

but, isn't that an aquarius symbol..?

if it is an astrological symbol it's leo (which is what i think it is - the omega symbol is symmetrical whereas the leo symbol, as is on mick's shirt in '69 is not) - mick being a leo and all

not that i'm any great astrology freak - this is just the kind information you pick up whether you want to or not

[Edited by stonedinaustralia]
July 14th, 2004 02:33 AM
MarthaMyDear mac_daddy, you have a PM...

*** Martha ***
July 14th, 2004 02:36 AM
MarthaMyDear You can have these t-shirts printed-up at http://www.cafepress.com

*** Martha ***
July 14th, 2004 02:55 AM
VoodooChileInWOnderl

What about this as the front with ROCKS OFF on the top, and on the back this one

with the following legends

Above: "Keithfucius say"
Below: "Rocks Off Rulez you bastardz"

Spank me ronnie!
July 14th, 2004 03:03 AM
beer Excellent, Voodoo. people should all submit ideas for a ROCKS OFF shirt, then everyone picks the best.

One more thing Voodoo, do you know anything about the Chupacabra??
July 14th, 2004 05:52 AM
LadyJane I KNEW you guys/gals would love this idea.

SS..Good thought.

Voodoo...I really like it. Of course, the collage needs to be updated.

Let's "sticky" this and make it happen!!!!!

LJ.
July 14th, 2004 06:20 AM
FotiniD Great ideas everyone! I definitely vote for the Keith pic, the updated collage and the "spank me ronnie" part This really should make it, can't wait to check people's reactions and puzzled looks It's the Nuthouse baby, the original Asylum
July 14th, 2004 09:41 AM
VoodooChileInWOnderl To note: in my proposal the image is only the "We're Only In It For The Money" collage and "Keith wearing the t.shirt" just the framed photo.

July 14th, 2004 09:49 AM
VoodooChileInWOnderl
quote:
beer wrote:
One more thing Voodoo, do you know anything about the Chupacabra??

I deleted the whole thread because a lot of regulars were laughing at him and we can't tolerate it. To be honest some of the jokes and replies were really funny but to laugh about a guy (even that he made a coward attack to the boards administrators and the regulars) is something we can't tolerate because of our policies; by the way is not fair to take too much wood from the fallen tree
Page: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8