ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Licks World Tour 2002 - 2003

México City, 1995 by Fernando Aceves
From the upcoming Exhibition "Rolling Stones 40x20"

Govinda Gallery, Washington DC September 20th through October 26th, 2002

WEBRADIO CHANNELS:
[Ch1: Sike-ay-delic 60's] [Random Sike-ay-delia] [Ch3: British Invasion]

[THE WET PAGE] [IORR NEWS] [IORR TOUR SCHEDULE] [SETLISTS 62-99] [THE A/V ROOM] [THE ART GALLERY] [MICK JAGGER] [KEITHFUCIUS] [CHARLIE WATTS ] [RON WOOD] [BRIAN JONES] [MICK TAYLOR] [BILL WYMAN] [IAN STEWART ] [NICKY HOPKINS] [MERRY CLAYTON] [IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN] [BERNARD FOWLER] [LISA FISCHER] [DARRYL JONES] [BOBBY KEYS] [JAMES PHELGE] [CHUCK LEAVELL] [LINKS] [PHOTOS] [MAGAZINE COVERS] [MUSIC COVERS ] [JIMI HENDRIX] [BOOTLEGS] [TEMPLE] [GUESTBOOK] [ADMIN]

[CHAT ROOM aka THE FUN HOUSE] [RESTROOMS]

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED) inside.
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch

ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Stadium show intro Return to archive
09-06-02 10:25 AM
Mikey How did they come out? Any theatrics?

Mikey
09-06-02 11:20 AM
Maxlugar Why does no one answer Mikey's question?

PLEASE TELL US!

I need to know this bit of information!

I paint pictures with my mind.......

MAXY!
09-06-02 11:30 AM
Jerry in Boston The stadium went dark... there was some piped percussion, and hum thing going on, a few lights pulsed here and there and then Keith walks out, strikes the first 2 chords of SUGAR... aborts... then does it again to kick off the show. That's our boy. ;-)
09-06-02 11:38 AM
Maxlugar Ah that's the stuff Jerry.

I gotta go find a sock and clean off now...

MACKSEE!

09-06-02 11:41 AM
Joey " The stadium went dark... there was some piped percussion, and hum thing going on, a few lights pulsed here and there and then Keith walks out, strikes the first 2 chords of SUGAR... aborts... then does it again to kick off the show. That's our boy. ;-) "

YES !!!!!!!!!! You just got young Joey all orgasmic ! What ?
<------------- Oh , Ok !!!! I will tell him !

You got my little buddy all worked up too !!!!

" Painting Pictures ( and set lists ) with my Mind Ronnie "

Joey von black plastic deaf dumb & blind

09-06-02 11:52 AM
sirmoonie I need more, man. How was this "abort"? Will it be a cool little intro lick for Sugar on the forthcoming live album?

Was it on purpose, like kinda "Here you go muhfukahs, the big Kahuna is coming out...Yeah? Yeah? You like that, huh? You like it when I do that to you? Yeah, you better like it! Down on your knees!"ish? Or was it more serene kinda like beginnging of Let It Bleedish?

What kind of gap we talking here?

Godammit, I really wish some of you would add a bit more detail into your reviews!!! This is ponderous! Ponderous, I tell you!!!

"Paint me upside down from my head to the back of my ass, Ronnie!"
09-06-02 01:12 PM
Jerry in Boston
quote:
sirmoonie wrote:
I need more, man. How was this "abort"? Will it be a cool little intro lick for Sugar on the forthcoming live album?

Was it on purpose, <>

haha... no, it didn't appear to be "on purpose". It appeared to be...well, like, a "Premature ejaculation". LOL

He hit it... whipped around as if someone yelled "not yet" or something... laughed and then whipped around again and started it off. We're talking about a gap of... oh, maybe... I'm guessing by memory here and remember I was about get slopped up myself so I might be muddled but... maybe the gap was 10 or 15 seconds?

It certainly didn't appear to be a tease on purpose.
09-06-02 01:24 PM
chevysales i think time was about 3 or 4 seconds at most.

didn't even seem like a miscue the way it went down.
i never saw him turn just hit it twice.
09-06-02 01:47 PM
Jerry in Boston
quote:
chevysales wrote:
i think time was about 3 or 4 seconds at most.

didn't even seem like a miscue the way it went down.
i never saw him turn just hit it twice.

It seemed premature to me but...

Truthfully though, it is hard to remember little things like this when it's at the very beginning of something you're all worked up about. But, yeah, okay maybe the time between was shorter than I remember but for some stupid reason I seem to remember him turning though I suppose I could have been mistaken.