ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Licks World Tour 2002 - 2003

México City, 1995 by Fernando Aceves
From the upcoming Exhibition "Rolling Stones 40x20"

Govinda Gallery, Washington DC September 20th through October 26th, 2002

WEBRADIO CHANNELS:
[Ch1: Sike-ay-delic 60's] [Random Sike-ay-delia] [Ch3: British Invasion]

[THE WET PAGE] [IORR NEWS] [IORR TOUR SCHEDULE] [SETLISTS 62-99] [THE A/V ROOM] [THE ART GALLERY] [MICK JAGGER] [KEITHFUCIUS] [CHARLIE WATTS ] [RON WOOD] [BRIAN JONES] [MICK TAYLOR] [BILL WYMAN] [IAN STEWART ] [NICKY HOPKINS] [MERRY CLAYTON] [IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN] [BERNARD FOWLER] [LISA FISCHER] [DARRYL JONES] [BOBBY KEYS] [JAMES PHELGE] [CHUCK LEAVELL] [LINKS] [PHOTOS] [MAGAZINE COVERS] [MUSIC COVERS ] [JIMI HENDRIX] [BOOTLEGS] [TEMPLE] [GUESTBOOK] [ADMIN]

[CHAT ROOM aka THE FUN HOUSE] [RESTROOMS]

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED) inside.
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch

ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Fox--F***in'-Boro!!!!! Return to archive
09-06-02 01:16 AM
lotsajizz Even better tonight!! They were looser, more relaxed, more Mick harmonica, more Mick dancing, more Keith smiles….

1) Brown Sugar--smoking, better first song sound than FleetCenter
2) Start Me Up--crunching Keith riffs, great Woody solo
3) IORR--a tad off from Tuesday, still great
4) Don’t Stop--same as #3
5) Honky Tonk Women--avoided watching the screen (easy as we VERY close), nice Keith solo
6) Rock In A Hard Place--great Daryl bass solo, Lisa, Blondie, and Bernard appear
7) Angie--PERFECTLY done!!!
8) YCAGWYW--Mick’s vocals dead on, great Woody solo
9) Monkey Man--Keith shines!! The riffs were flying, Leavell low in the mix, Mick took vocal climax with no Lisa help
10) Can’t Turn You Loose--funky, horn riffs, great Mick dancing
11) Gimme Shelter--slow version, Lisa microphone problems, but great guitar dueling
12) Slipping Away--why?
13) Before They Make Me Run--rockin!!! Great Woody/Keith interplay, a flubbed line but still a hot version
14) Sympathy For The Devil--hotter than Tuesday, the vocals were great
15) small stage time, the boys walked six feet away, Charlie seemed embarrassed when I started a “Charlie…Charlie” chant as he went by, Shattered--shadoobee!!!
16) Beast Of Burden--well sung, nice Woody runs
17) Miss You--awesome Mick harp solo
18) back to big stage, Midnight Rambler--THE HIGHLIGHT, Mick’s vocals and his interplay with Keith were incredible, Keith’s best tune of the night!!
19) You Got Me Rockin’--and they did, Woody solo was muddy, hard to hear, Mick’s vocals were on!!
20) Tumbling Dice--they love this tune, hot Woody solo, then a hotter Keith solo!!
21) Street Fighting Man--KEITH!!! Better than Tuesday!!!
22) JJF--WOW!!!

Encore--Satisfaction, Mick’s best vocals, he danced down the runway again to us!!! Fireworks, the usual closing stuff!! This band is getting better!!!! Bring on the Orpheum!!
BTW--the new stadium sucks, too few bathrooms, built like a rat maze, can't the Patsies EVER get it right!?!?!
09-06-02 02:33 AM
FotiniD Ha! Welcome back Mr. Keith Richards!!! I just knew he'd be great!

Thanks for the review lotsajizz!
09-06-02 03:58 AM
chevysales i thought keith played better tonight than anytime since early on b2b. his parts were very tight to put it mildy.
such a nice stage show with no stage distractions which would have taken away from the video screens.

12 row floor C tonight keiths side :>) {fedexed my tix from fan club back for full refund floor f)and got these from TM this am-so fan club ended up making could on there so-so seats}

nice video
and flames ain't too shabby either... you can feel the heat from them down in front.
[Edited by chevysales]
09-06-02 04:10 AM
sonicrock thanks for review seems to have been great but i m still a lil,well about the stadium list you know anyway;,
09-06-02 05:01 AM
Jumacfly gasp, they played "you got me sleepin"..hate this tune live..but i ve heard it was a rough version!
anyone??

Cheers
09-06-02 05:25 AM
FotiniD Slightly stupid question, but: lotsajizz, in the end, did they bow just the four of them or only with all the musicians?? I remember reading a review about Fleet Center (I think it was up at Shidoobee) and it said they only took a bow along with the others in that one. Not very important, just wondering.
09-06-02 06:35 AM
lotsajizz All including the backup musicians took the first bow, and then the core four, just like always.
09-06-02 07:29 AM
FotiniD That's good Thanks!
09-06-02 09:32 AM
Bob Tamp They were fucking great! Tight as all hell, you could hear Keith and Ronnie running riffs off eachother. Jagger in prime form. Much much better than the Fleet show. Fleet was only a warm up.
09-06-02 09:36 AM
jb Did Keith play last night...many commented that he was not into it at the 9/3 show.
09-06-02 09:39 AM
Nellcote From the opening chord of Brown Sugar, Keith owned the stadium.