ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Licks World Tour 2002 - 2003

México City, 1995 by Fernando Aceves
From the upcoming Exhibition "Rolling Stones 40x20"

Govinda Gallery, Washington DC September 20th through October 26th, 2002

WEBRADIO CHANNELS:
[Ch1: Sike-ay-delic 60's] [Random Sike-ay-delia] [Ch3: British Invasion]

[THE WET PAGE] [IORR NEWS] [IORR TOUR SCHEDULE] [SETLISTS 62-99] [THE A/V ROOM] [THE ART GALLERY] [MICK JAGGER] [KEITHFUCIUS] [CHARLIE WATTS ] [RON WOOD] [BRIAN JONES] [MICK TAYLOR] [BILL WYMAN] [IAN STEWART ] [NICKY HOPKINS] [MERRY CLAYTON] [IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN] [BERNARD FOWLER] [LISA FISCHER] [DARRYL JONES] [BOBBY KEYS] [JAMES PHELGE] [CHUCK LEAVELL] [LINKS] [PHOTOS] [MAGAZINE COVERS] [MUSIC COVERS ] [JIMI HENDRIX] [BOOTLEGS] [TEMPLE] [GUESTBOOK] [ADMIN]

[CHAT ROOM aka THE FUN HOUSE] [RESTROOMS]

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED) inside.
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch

ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Between a ROCK - and a hard place!!!!!!!!!!!!! Return to archive
09-05-02 10:20 PM
lonecrapshooter Between a ROCK - and a hard place!!!!!!!!!!!!!
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I heard most of this on a cell phone and let me tell you - it was smokin' !!!!!!!!!!!!! Just like Steel Wheels to my ears. Mick's tempo was in perfect timing with the band, had all the key pauses, great backups. Guitars sounded nice from what I could hear. This song is great live when they nail it. Really brough back memories from 1989. The crowd sounded all fired up.

I am so pumped for this tour!!!!!!!!!! This will be a tour to ''follow" unlike No Security. Hope DearDoctor calls me again.
09-05-02 10:44 PM
Boomhauer Well, I guess you can't complain until you hear it live. It's not one of my studio favorites, though.
09-05-02 10:53 PM
Fiji Joe The song sux...live, studio, in my living room.

This setlist is way to close to Steel Wheels.
09-05-02 11:02 PM
Boomhauer yeah, you could be right. The stadiums are the so called "Hot Rocks" shows, right. SOme of these songs are well known by rock and music fans, so here is a list of songs that could replace RAAHP:

She's So Cold (should be in set list)
hang Fire (should be in set list)
Harlem Shuffle
One Hit
Out of Control
Flip the Switch
Star Fucker (should be in set list)
dance little sister
Let me go
Get off of my cloud
19th nervous breakdown
Mixed Emotions (Mick says it's hard to do on stage. Come oN!)

And many more! I would think that they are gonna vary it at all stadiums.
09-05-02 11:11 PM
gagaman I second the motion for 19th Nervous Breakdown. Mother's Little Helper would be cool too. They ever do Love in Vain in a stadium? Don't know how that would come off in a venue that big.
09-06-02 01:09 AM
Scottfree Actually Rock & a Hard place has some great guitar, and a burning solo!! As far as I'm concerned they can do away with Brown Sugar (just totally sick of it, never liked it much to begin with), hell most of the hot rocks tunes they can lose, with the exception of GS, SFD, or UMT