ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Licks World Tour 2002 - 2003

México City, 1995 by Fernando Aceves
From the upcoming Exhibition "Rolling Stones 40x20"

Govinda Gallery, Washington DC September 20th through October 26th, 2002

WEBRADIO CHANNELS:
[Ch1: Sike-ay-delic 60's] [Random Sike-ay-delia] [Ch3: British Invasion]

[THE WET PAGE] [IORR NEWS] [IORR TOUR SCHEDULE] [SETLISTS 62-99] [THE A/V ROOM] [THE ART GALLERY] [MICK JAGGER] [KEITHFUCIUS] [CHARLIE WATTS ] [RON WOOD] [BRIAN JONES] [MICK TAYLOR] [BILL WYMAN] [IAN STEWART ] [NICKY HOPKINS] [MERRY CLAYTON] [IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN] [BERNARD FOWLER] [LISA FISCHER] [DARRYL JONES] [BOBBY KEYS] [JAMES PHELGE] [CHUCK LEAVELL] [LINKS] [PHOTOS] [MAGAZINE COVERS] [MUSIC COVERS ] [JIMI HENDRIX] [BOOTLEGS] [TEMPLE] [GUESTBOOK] [ADMIN]

[CHAT ROOM aka THE FUN HOUSE] [RESTROOMS]

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED) inside.
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch

ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: www.ronniewood.com Return to archive
09-05-02 02:01 AM
luridchief Woody's site also got a major redo:
www.ronniewood.com

Check out the fucking AMAZING clip of Woody, Rod & Keith doing "Take a Look At the Guy" from '74. Ian Mac is there, but that ain't Kenny Jones or Tetsu on (respectively) drums and bass. Was this a one-off gig to promote Woody's first solo album? Anyhow, the clip is balls-to-wall Berry-boogie, baby! I love that fucking song and this is a freaking amazing live version!

To anyone who says that the modern Stones are washed up, I just have two words:

Rod Stewart.

Man, that guy USED to be great!

09-05-02 02:13 AM
luridchief BTW--the FACES boxed set is now due in 2003. Basically, every album track, A & B side, and primo live stuff, all remastered!

It's a good time to be a Stones (and Faces) fan!
09-05-02 03:03 AM
padre Weird that the quality of Take a Look At The Guy is so poor. After all the gig is available on DVD... But the version does rock!
09-05-02 03:12 AM
padre Oops, just checked that DVD. The clip on Ronnie's site is not the same as on that video of final Faces gig.
Keith seems to be on the site's clip. He also plays on the DVD but not on that particular track. How many shows did he play with the Faces? I've always thought that the final show was a special occasion with Keith as a guest star... BTW, Keith's rhythm guitar playing on that gig is AWESOME. Not a hint of prancing! Just mean and filthy.
09-05-02 04:16 AM
Mathijs That is a great web site Woody has! Beautifully made, with some rare shots like Woodie with Jimi Hendrix.

The video with Keith is from two gigs Ron Wood gave at the Kilburn Theater in London to promote his I’ve Got My Own Album To Do on July 13 and 14, 1974. The July 14 show was filmed and broadcasted by the BBC at least two times. It is available on video from two sources: one video is filmed directly of the TV in B&W (you sometimes see the sides of the TV!), and another is a 10+ generation copy of the original tapes, and my bet is that this is the video Ron has himself, as the quality on his web site is the same as my video! These video’s are quite rare and can be hard to find. Keith plays during the whole show, and Rod Stewart guest on 3 tracks. Seeing this show makes it clear why the Stones choose Ron as Taylor’s replacement: he was already a Stones and a star of his own!

The DVD with Keith guesting on a Faces show was part of the ‘Late Night Special: Rod Stewart
& Faces’. This was also recorded live in London at the Kilburn State Gaumont Theatre, date December 23 1974. If my memory serves well this was the last Faces show in the UK.

Mathijs
09-05-02 04:30 AM
peterdv excellent site , woooooohooooooo
love Ronnie :-)
09-05-02 10:17 AM
luridchief Yep, I've seen the last UK Faces show (with KR guesting), but that BBC clip is, as the kids say, "Da Bomb!"

10th generation or not, I'd love to have a copy of the whole show. Odd that the picture jumps all over the place, but the sound quality is decent.

And you're right, that clip shows why the Stones taking Woody on was a no-brainer.