ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Licks World Tour 2002 - 2003

México City, 1995 by Fernando Aceves
From the upcoming Exhibition "Rolling Stones 40x20"

Govinda Gallery, Washington DC September 20th through October 26th, 2002

WEBRADIO CHANNELS:
[Ch1: Sike-ay-delic 60's] [Random Sike-ay-delia] [Ch3: British Invasion]

[THE WET PAGE] [IORR NEWS] [IORR TOUR SCHEDULE] [SETLISTS 62-99] [THE A/V ROOM] [THE ART GALLERY] [MICK JAGGER] [KEITHFUCIUS] [CHARLIE WATTS ] [RON WOOD] [BRIAN JONES] [MICK TAYLOR] [BILL WYMAN] [IAN STEWART ] [NICKY HOPKINS] [MERRY CLAYTON] [IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN] [BERNARD FOWLER] [LISA FISCHER] [DARRYL JONES] [BOBBY KEYS] [JAMES PHELGE] [CHUCK LEAVELL] [LINKS] [PHOTOS] [MAGAZINE COVERS] [MUSIC COVERS ] [JIMI HENDRIX] [BOOTLEGS] [TEMPLE] [GUESTBOOK] [ADMIN]

[CHAT ROOM aka THE FUN HOUSE] [RESTROOMS]

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED) inside.
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch

ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Let It Bleed Remaster WITH Gaps Return to archive
09-04-02 11:41 PM
bockymoko Can anyone fill me in on what has happened here? I purchased the Let It Bleed remaster from Wal-Mart...(quit laughing...they're cheap!)and it has gaps like the original Abkco release has. No flow between the songs at all. At first I figued it was my cd player....but I checked it on a dozen others, old and new. the cd plays with gaps between the songs. All the certificate of authenticty is doing is certifying that my cd aint doing what i expected it to do. Im still happy with my purchase, though. Still, anyone know what the deal is?

[Edited by bockymoko]
09-05-02 01:18 AM
luridchief Hey, how much are those mothers going for at Wal-Mart?

I nabbed the UK version of BETWEEN THE BUTTONS at Best Buy for $15.98, but I can't find the UK AFTERMATH anywhere!

BTW--the BUTTONS remaster sounds AMAZING!
09-05-02 07:50 AM
egon i'm not too sure about this,
but i once heard that because wall mart is so big, they can demand from record companies to alter cd's, to fit the customers needs.

for instance; they sell (rap) cd's where the bad language as been deleted.

maybe they think that a cd with only one track won't sell??

again i heard this (from my american cousin) and as there's no wall mart's in europe, i'm not sure.
09-05-02 08:02 AM
scope I got my Let It Bleed from Tower Records and it has the gaps too. Based on most posts I've seen, this is happening to alot of folks. I'm wondering if the gaps disappear only when you play it on a SACD player. Anyone have one?
By the way, they have UK Aftermath at Tower.
09-05-02 08:39 AM
dkmonroe The best I can figure is that only the SACD layer is gap-free. I have the LIB remaster, and it sounds like the same old gaps are there to me. My homemade CD dubbed from an LP sounds more gap-free than the remaster, and I wasn't even trying to do it!

In response to the second post about the U.K. Aftermath, I've seen it at several Media Play locations. There's almost no Stones remasters at local Best Buy's at all, which sucks because for the first week the advertised price was $12.99, and now it's jumped to $14.99, and most of the CDs never made it to any Best Buy stores in my area. Even a week later, I've seen at least one of all the 22 remasters at Media Play, but Best Buy's Stones sections are virtually empty. I don't know what they're problem is, but they're definitely losing my business.
09-05-02 10:50 AM
T&A I was at a Target store the other day. Not one single Stones disc of any kind. Not one!
09-05-02 11:24 AM
egon
quote:
T&A wrote:
I was at a Target store the other day. Not one single Stones disc of any kind. Not one!

and did they have that blank look on their faces when you asked?
09-05-02 02:59 PM
wkoetke
quote:
luridchief wrote:
Hey, how much are those mothers going for at Wal-Mart?

I nabbed the UK version of BETWEEN THE BUTTONS at Best Buy for $15.98, but I can't find the UK AFTERMATH anywhere!

BTW--the BUTTONS remaster sounds AMAZING!

The UK Aftermath is available at amazon.com - that's where I got mine. I haven't seen it in a retail outlet yet either.
09-05-02 03:34 PM
TheSavageYoungXyzzy I've bought all my remasters, including Aftermath (UK), at Newbury Comics, except for Let It Bleed which I pre-ordered from Amazon.

I currently have:

Aftermath (UK)
Beggar's Banquet
Metamorphosis
Let It Bleed
Get Yer Ya-Ya's Out!
Their Satanic Majesties Request

Next up? Hmm... Probably some of the earlier albums, but I would like to hear Between The Buttons (US) - I don't see any reason to buy UK!

As for the gaps...

I think what they mean is that there are no "pre-song pauses", which on a CD player would read "Track 02 -0:00:02" or something similar. There are still fades out and in and pauses at the end of songs, so as not to detract from it ("Love In Vain", cut off? Oh no!) The best example to listen to is the end of "Country Honk" with the honking horns and the start of "Live With Me" - the honking and so forth cut very quickly into the bass on "Live With Me".

I haven't heard the SACD layers of any of these, yet, though.

-tSYX --- There are times when you try making eyes at all my so-called friends...
[Edited by TheSavageYoungXyzzy]
09-05-02 03:59 PM
Soul Survivor I only have "Ya Ya's"

Little Queenie sounds great

And there obviousley arent any gaps on that CD!
09-05-02 04:25 PM
luridchief >>Next up? Hmm... Probably some of the earlier albums, but I would like to hear Between The Buttons (US) - I don't see any reason to buy UK! <<

Actually, the U.S. version replaces a few of the UK's original songs with LSTNT and "Ruby Tuesday." I think they're "Back Street Girl" and "Please Come Home" . . . which are two of the best tracks on the album!