ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Licks World Tour 2002 - 2003

México City, 1995 by Fernando Aceves
From the upcoming Exhibition "Rolling Stones 40x20"

Govinda Gallery, Washington DC September 20th through October 26th, 2002

WEBRADIO CHANNELS:
[Ch1: Sike-ay-delic 60's] [Random Sike-ay-delia] [Ch3: British Invasion]

[THE WET PAGE] [IORR NEWS] [IORR TOUR SCHEDULE] [SETLISTS 62-99] [THE A/V ROOM] [THE ART GALLERY] [MICK JAGGER] [KEITHFUCIUS] [CHARLIE WATTS ] [RON WOOD] [BRIAN JONES] [MICK TAYLOR] [BILL WYMAN] [IAN STEWART ] [NICKY HOPKINS] [MERRY CLAYTON] [IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN] [BERNARD FOWLER] [LISA FISCHER] [DARRYL JONES] [BOBBY KEYS] [JAMES PHELGE] [CHUCK LEAVELL] [LINKS] [PHOTOS] [MAGAZINE COVERS] [MUSIC COVERS ] [JIMI HENDRIX] [BOOTLEGS] [TEMPLE] [GUESTBOOK] [ADMIN]

[CHAT ROOM aka THE FUN HOUSE] [RESTROOMS]

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED) inside.
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch

ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: It was the 3rd of September/that day i'll always remember Return to archive
09-04-02 06:11 PM
Gazza ....ironically the opening lines of "Papa Was A Rolling Stone"......

What an incredible setlist for an opening show..I trust no one has any major complaints about that one. Great to hear such positive reports and that the band are playing so well (and especially to hear that Woody's back on the kind of form we all hoped he still had in him!)

They looked & sounded great from the clips I saw here on TV tonight. Ive only ever seen the Stones on the latter stretch of a tour before,so its more exciting than ever before to first fo all hear what theyve been playing and then to know I'll be seeing this show in 3 weeks.

Thanks to everyone for helping keep this site active in the 3 and a half years we've had to wait since the last tour ended when there hasnt many days as exciting as this. Its great to read all the reviews already and on behalf of everyone at Rocks off - please keep them coming, and let us know about any recordings so we can help circulate them in the CDR trees we're planning to provide a service to "Rocks Off" members everywhere around the world.

Thanks everyone and thanks to the greatest band of them all.
09-04-02 07:59 PM
Meetch Thank YOU Gazza

The show was great !! Can't wait for tomorrow!

Meetch
09-04-02 10:21 PM
Martha Gaz,

I hope you don't mind me saying so, but I just LOVE you! And I LOVE your posts..always make it a point to read them.

Great commentary my dear...and three weeks will be here in no time !!!

ENJOY every minute.

Wish we could join you in NY!

hugs and kisses,
martha
09-05-02 01:40 AM
padre Great coincidence that 'Papa was a roling stone' line! The Stones should've used that for intromusic.
09-05-02 04:38 AM
zyggy_baker Hi there. Glad you enjoyed yourself. I am looking forward to seeing them when they come to Zurich.
09-05-02 04:12 PM
Gazza >Great coincidence that 'Papa was a roling stone' line! The Stones should've used that for intromusic.

Yep, you might recall that on the studio version of "Out of Control" during the instrumental break they actually play a couple of bars of "Papa was a Rollin Stone" (and also, the Doors' "LA Woman"..)

Cheers Martha for the plaudits..I'm not worthy..but I'm roaring with laughter...the Stones are back and right now..I love everyone! LOL

09-05-02 04:23 PM
jb Gazza, I just love reading your posts even though your last one regarding me referred to me as basically a worthless piece of shit .....keep up the good work...joshy!!!
[Edited by jb]
[Edited by jb]
09-05-02 04:45 PM
F505 Now i understand where jb stands for: josh bootlicker
09-05-02 04:46 PM
Joey " And especially to hear that Woody's back on the kind of form we all hoped he still had in him!"

Amen to that Gazza ..............Everyone's glad about that , especially my pal here :

<--------------------

Sounds like Woody pulled off the Coda to CYHMK !!!!!!

I still think the band could use Taylor in the studio , but the point is moot for now !

" Here's hoping for a Mick Taylor guest performance Ronnie "

Clubby Bear
09-05-02 05:08 PM
Gazza >Gazza, I just love reading your posts even though your last one regarding me referred to me as basically a worthless piece of shit .....keep up the good work...joshy!!!

No..I didnt refer to YOU as that..from memory,it was just the nature of the post(s) in question which pissed me off at the time and which I was referring to. I try and stay away from personal abuse directed at people I scarcely know, unless they do it first..lol. Personalised flaming pisses me off. Difference of opinion is healthy. I'd hate to have a board where everyone agreed on every topic all the time. I dont mind a bit of banter and ribbing,much of it I find quite funny.

BTW just realised, I fucked up a bit on the above post. The Doors' song which the Stones played a few notes of on "Out of Control" was actually "Riders on the Storm", and not "L.A Woman"...oops! same album,though!
09-05-02 06:04 PM
Riffhard Here,here Gazza!Thank you as well as Gerardo and of course the lovely Jaxx for your dedication to the maintence of this fantastic site!I ain't just kissin' ass here I mean it.

I look forward to meeting you in NYC Gazza!The first pint's on me mate!

Riffhard
09-05-02 06:16 PM
Gazza I think its on us..after all, you plugged this website when asking the very first question at the press conference.. mega thrill for us,even if it took someone a few seconds too long to hand you a microphone!

three weeks to go..cant wait...