ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Licks World Tour 2002 - 2003

México City, 1995 by Fernando Aceves
From the upcoming Exhibition "Rolling Stones 40x20"

Govinda Gallery, Washington DC September 20th through October 26th, 2002

WEBRADIO CHANNELS:
[Ch1: Sike-ay-delic 60's] [Random Sike-ay-delia] [Ch3: British Invasion]

[THE WET PAGE] [IORR NEWS] [IORR TOUR SCHEDULE] [SETLISTS 62-99] [THE A/V ROOM] [THE ART GALLERY] [MICK JAGGER] [KEITHFUCIUS] [CHARLIE WATTS ] [RON WOOD] [BRIAN JONES] [MICK TAYLOR] [BILL WYMAN] [IAN STEWART ] [NICKY HOPKINS] [MERRY CLAYTON] [IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN] [BERNARD FOWLER] [LISA FISCHER] [DARRYL JONES] [BOBBY KEYS] [JAMES PHELGE] [CHUCK LEAVELL] [LINKS] [PHOTOS] [MAGAZINE COVERS] [MUSIC COVERS ] [JIMI HENDRIX] [BOOTLEGS] [TEMPLE] [GUESTBOOK] [ADMIN]

[CHAT ROOM aka THE FUN HOUSE] [RESTROOMS]

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED) inside.
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch

ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Down To Business. Return to archive Page: 1 2
09-05-02 10:47 AM
Moonisup I am the founder, the initiator of the moonisupgroup!!

and not forget also the president!
[Edited by Moonisup]
09-05-02 10:47 AM
jb I was scared...People truly despised me then(now?) and I thought I would be beaten and robbed of my 3rd row ticket!
09-05-02 10:49 AM
nankerphelge jb -- much as I love ya -- a "bar score" to a true C10er has absolutely nuthing to do with law!!!
09-05-02 10:50 AM
jb Why does'nt anyone come to florida...Why do i always have to travel..why can't it be a F10...I'll even pay for the drinks, which I trust will run about $1,000 dollars .
09-05-02 10:52 AM
Moonisup that's strange to let you be the only one who has to travel
09-05-02 10:54 AM
jb Nanker, I must say that the description of your binge drinking sounded amazing. I have long since given up drinking like that...I know you are a little younger than me(are'nt you 33..I am 39), but the ability to consume such large quantities of alcohol is quite frankly amazing considering you are a prominent attorney in the D.C. area.
For me, 2-3 Jack Daniels is quite a night out...I guess I am not c10 material afterall...your sober esq...
09-05-02 10:57 AM
Moonisup Well nanker how much do you consume???? If I'm playing with my band obscure blues songs ore stones songs, I will drink a bottle of wodka (700 cc) empty.
09-05-02 11:00 AM
jb Moon, liver disease is a very unpleasent thing....the liver is a remarkable organ capable of repairing itself and even growing back after small sections are removed. However, once permanent damage is done, it is life threatening and a organ transplant is no guantee!
09-05-02 11:06 AM
Moonisup i am certainly aware of that fact, but since we are practiceing once in the month, I take that for granted, I have the advantage that I dislike beer!! So when I go out, I just drink water! I had recently a health check at the hospital, and the doctor said I was in a great shape!!
09-05-02 11:16 AM
jb I thought I had liver cancer last year and had 3 abdominal cat scans...Fortunately , I was O.K....cancer originating or spreading to the liver is inevitably terminal...also, i had a colonoscopy, which men over 40 should have done every 5 yrs...every 2 yrs if a history of polyps or colorectal cancer in family....Cancer or heart disease gets us all..why can't they find a cure...I just donated money this weekend to the Jerry Lewis labor day telethon for kids with muscular dystrophy...watching that show really brakes my heart....I am lucky to have 2 relatively healthy chuldren and it is painful to watch these sick children who need our help so badly...Poor Jerry Lewis is also very sick and has a pain relief implant in his stomach..he is taking prednisone for pulmonary fibrosis and has swelled up like a blimp....he raised over 58 milliom for the kids and he should be applauded.
09-05-02 11:22 AM
Moonisup Jerry lee is great I saw him 2 years ago in Holland with chuck berry and little richard!

Each month I donate to the Dutch cancer foundation, because my little cousin died at cancer at the age of 12
09-05-02 11:22 AM
patioaintdry I turned on that damn telethon and thought I was watching Prime Time Glick!
09-05-02 11:30 AM
jb This is very sad....My cousin Frankie died of Leukemia at age 9.
09-05-02 11:34 AM
Moonisup well these are the sad things that come with living! That why I have so much respect for charity workes, people who are with disabled kids and in hospitals
09-05-02 11:38 AM
jb Your right...giving money is easy..it's giving of one's time to the sick/needy that is important. I think for the Holidays this year, I am going to volunteer to feed the homeless at the miami camillus center. It's a little intimidating dealing with the homeless, but they are in real dispair and need help.
09-05-02 11:49 AM
Moonisup that would be a great idea! In the town where I live we have nothing like that!!
09-05-02 12:01 PM
Sir Stonesalot See JB, this is why you will never be anywhere close to C10 status. You have no clue what we are all about. It's not about scores on tests, size of bank accounts, or anything of the material world. It's about something much more. Something that you just are not capable of attaining.

I'm not saying that you are not a diehard fan...I've never questioned your loyalty to the Stones. I'm not even saying that you are not a quality human being. It's just that you are not C10 material.

You see, Riffy understood immediately what we were about, and none of us told him. If you don't know, you never will. It's instinctual. If you have to try, you don't get it.
09-05-02 12:16 PM
Mother baby
quote:
Moonisup wrote:
"I read everywhere that keith's playing is not that good, and that he is just walking around and strike a few chords here and there. Jb is just giving an impression of what is said here and there!!

Rule #1 Don't believe everything you read.
Rule #2 Don't under estimate KR.
Rule #3 F--- the Critics

09-05-02 12:23 PM
Maxlugar "Your right...giving money is easy..it's giving of one's time to the sick/needy that is important.I think for the Holidays this year, I am going to volunteer to feed the homeless at the miamicamillus center. It's a little intimidating dealing with the homeless, but they are in real dispair and need help."

What the hell has happened to you?!

What happened to the Josh, Esq. who taught us all how to insert large dildo's in our asses?

Huh?

Where is THAT Josh?

Macksy!
09-05-02 12:45 PM
TheSavageYoungXyzzy jb...

...do you get the point of that C10 thing?

It means they had a gathering...

...and in order to qualify all you had to do was be there...

...but you weren't there, probably because you weren't posting then...

...and all those big numbers, in the scheme of it, mean nothing! They don't qualify you to be a Stones fan - last time I checked, there was no qualification!

-tSYX --- You're the first to get laid, always the last bitch to get paid...
09-05-02 01:01 PM
jb Max, once it became clear that c10 status was unattainable, what else really matters? Perhaps the vitrolic nature of my posts was really a call for acceptance..or more likely a cry for help....I have made a new friend from Holland, however, my dreams of C10 have gone up in flames like the Hindenberg...By the way, my secretary is a female.
09-05-02 01:14 PM
Moonisup quote:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Moonisup wrote:
"I read everywhere that keith's playing is not that good, and that he is just walking around and strike a few chords here and there. Jb is just giving an impression of what is said here and there!!

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Rule #1 Don't believe everything you read.
Rule #2 Don't under estimate KR.
Rule #3 F--- the Critics
----------------------------------------------

Well I certainly don't underestimate the quality of Keith, being a guitar player myself, I am aware of the fact that Keith is the only guitarist who just can't be imitated!! You can get close but more then that, Eric clapton can be imitateded, page also. But the way how Keith is combining the sweet things of playing lead and rhythm, that is unbelieveble!! And yes I wouldn't piss on the critics, if they where on fire, always dragging about age and stuff, that sucks.

rik

[Edited by Moonisup]
09-05-02 01:22 PM
Moonisup
quote:
jb wrote:
I have made a new friend from Holland,

Thank you josh, that is really nice from you to say that!!

regards and take care,

Rik
09-05-02 02:54 PM
sirmoonie "Nanker, I must say that the description of your binge drinking sounded amazing. I have long since given up drinking like that...I know you are a little younger than me(are'nt you 33..I am 39), but the ability to consume such large quantities of alcohol is quite frankly amazing considering you are a prominent attorney in the D.C. area."

As you know Josh, substance abuse pervades the legal profession more than any other (except rock star). Franky, I think anyone who does this shit all day and DOESN'T self-med like a banshee is nuts. You ain't working hard enough boy! Shuffle that shit some more!

"Banshee me upside down, Ronnie!"
09-05-02 02:59 PM
nankerphelge I appreciate everyone's concern for my liver -- really I do! But I'm from good healthy drinkin' stock and I think if ya can't go to a Stones opener and toss back a few too many, well...there's just something not right about that!

Yeah I miss a few details here and there (explains the Sympathy lapse eh luxy!) but I have enuf fun for everyone and get to meet a whole hell of a lot of fun folks and, after all, that's what its all about!!

09-05-02 03:01 PM
jb A lot f my friends who do criminal law are heavy abusers...I think they are exposed to a lot of temptation via their clients. when i worked for a large firm, the senior partners had their scotch and water and we associates drank beer and tried to make it with the secretaries(who were fucking the partners).
Page: 1 2