ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Licks World Tour 2002 - 2003

México City, 1995 by Fernando Aceves
From the upcoming Exhibition "Rolling Stones 40x20"

Govinda Gallery, Washington DC September 20th through October 26th, 2002

WEBRADIO CHANNELS:
[Ch1: Sike-ay-delic 60's] [Random Sike-ay-delia] [Ch3: British Invasion]

[THE WET PAGE] [IORR NEWS] [IORR TOUR SCHEDULE] [SETLISTS 62-99] [THE A/V ROOM] [THE ART GALLERY] [MICK JAGGER] [KEITHFUCIUS] [CHARLIE WATTS ] [RON WOOD] [BRIAN JONES] [MICK TAYLOR] [BILL WYMAN] [IAN STEWART ] [NICKY HOPKINS] [MERRY CLAYTON] [IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN] [BERNARD FOWLER] [LISA FISCHER] [DARRYL JONES] [BOBBY KEYS] [JAMES PHELGE] [CHUCK LEAVELL] [LINKS] [PHOTOS] [MAGAZINE COVERS] [MUSIC COVERS ] [JIMI HENDRIX] [BOOTLEGS] [TEMPLE] [GUESTBOOK] [ADMIN]

[CHAT ROOM aka THE FUN HOUSE] [RESTROOMS]

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED) inside.
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch

ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: What was the intro like? Return to archive
09-04-02 02:04 PM
TT A big bang? An introduction? An instrumental?

PLEASE TELL!!!
09-04-02 02:10 PM
Jerry in Boston Walked out under the cover of darkness and just launched SFM.
I had hoped for something a little more dramatic but once the chords were hit, it didn't matter. ;-)
09-04-02 02:11 PM
jb Since popping up at start of concert during VL tour, last couple of tours they simply walk on stage....kinda lacks the drama you expect....
09-04-02 02:13 PM
moy thanks jerry, what about the b-stage, i mean walking to the b-stage?
09-04-02 02:20 PM
Jerry in Boston After SATISFACTION Mick seemed to direct it...he motioned to someone under the right side of the stage with his hand and some piped music began to play. He then started down the center aisle on the bridge (just the regular walkway like on the NS tour). He got about 1/2 way out and then turned back to the main stage where the rest of the band was just beginning to step out. He got back to the steps just in time to high five Charlie and then they all walked the walk to the B stage together.
After the B stage set ended with the extended, never ending SUGAR (not complaining, it was a great version... actually, the crowd started the "YEAH, YEAH, YEAH, WHOO"s without Mick's guidance... he seemed pleased.) they were all helped down the front of the B stage and led through the audiend into the nearest arena tunnel.
I thought it was a weird way to end the main set. Then, with about a 5 minute delay, the main stage began to come to life with the samba-feel percussion of SYMPATHY.
09-04-02 10:00 PM
Martha Then, with about a 5 minute delay, the main stage began to come to life with the samba-feel percussion of SYMPATHY.
------------------------------------------------------------------------
Was this piped in or live?

What were the t-shirts and trinkets looking like and what about the prices?

Thanks!
09-05-02 07:11 AM
Soul Survivor I liked the intro for the 'Bridges' tour. The comet thing explodes and then Keith just walks out and plays the riff to 'Satisfaction'.......god I loved that
09-05-02 07:40 AM
Maxlugar "Since popping up at start of concert during VL tour, last couple of tours they simply walk on
stage....kinda lacks the drama you expect...."

Wachoo talkin' 'bout Willis?

B2B had the comet thing with dramatic music and a map that would zero in on whatever city it was.

And NS had that whole backstage walk film and the Might as Well Get Juiced clip playing.

I've never seen them just walk out.

It's cool I guess. Different at least. I bet tonight's stadium show has something though.

M.L.
09-05-02 10:53 AM
Jerry in Boston
quote:
Martha wrote:
Was this piped in or live?

What were the t-shirts and trinkets looking like and what about the prices?

Martha,
SYMPATHY: At first the percussion was piped. Once they got on stage Chuck hit a chord and held it. Mick swirled around and waved it away telling him to cut it, so Chuck lifted off and the chord went away with just the percussion still going. Then they all started the song together. I really liked this version by the way. It had a more,... well... it didn't seem so polished. It was refreshing to not be hearing "Flashpoint" live again. Don't misunderstand, I like "Flashpoint" for what it's worth but I'm just glad they've taken some of the glitzy polish off of the songs this time 'round. It felt more live... more raw.

SWAG: Shirts were pretty cool and most featured variations on the tongue theme. The mean cost was about $35. I did dig the black zip-up hooded fleece that was going for $70 and I might think about picking it up tonight. The program was $20 and really isn't too impressive. There are buttons, jackets, luggage... and more. There were a couple baseball caps: one black with basic red tongue and I can't remember the other. They were posted at $35 each - I passed.

Hope this helps plan your purchases! ;-) Now... off to Foxboro tonight!