ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
A Bigger Bang World Tour 2005 - 2006
Who's driving my bus?
The Bigger Bang Bus in Buenos Aires, Argentina
40x5 la Disquería/ Midnight Rambler / 40x5 Tributo bar / EMI Argentina / Modena Desing
Photo by khalil78 from BdP the message board by Midnight Rambler and Rocks Off
[ ROCKSOFF.ORG ] [ IORR NEWS ] [ SETLISTS 1962-2005 ] [ FORO EN ESPAÑOL ] [ BIT TORRENT TRACKER ] [ BIRTHDAY'S LIST ] [ MICK JAGGER ] [ KEITHFUCIUS ] [ CHARLIE WATTS ] [ RONNIE WOOD ] [ BRIAN JONES ] [ MICK TAYLOR ] [ BILL WYMAN ] [ IAN "STU" STEWART ] [ NICKY HOPKINS ] [ MERRY CLAYTON ] [ IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN ] [ LINKS ] [ PHOTOS ] [ JIMI HENDRIX ] [ TEMPLE ] [ GUESTBOOK ] [ ADMIN ]
CHAT ROOM aka The Fun HOUSE Rest rooms last days
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: SIRIUS Stones Return to archive
September 6th, 2005 12:44 AM
LuckyWithTheLadies Has anyone else been listening to the SIRIUS Stones channel? What's your opinions on it. I drive the big rigs for a living so i get to listen to it 12 hours a day if i want. oops! i mean 11 hours a day. Don't want the feds knockin on my door looking for my log book. My opinion is the programing is way too biased toward the pre 1968 Stones at the expense of the post 1981 Stones. There is no argument on the material from 68 to 81, which understandably is in heavy rotation. But if they are going to play songs like Cool, Calm, and Collected repeatedly, than they should play I Go Wild at least once in awhile. and if they're playing Flight 505 then they should play rock in a hard place occasionaly. I even heard that Michigan Ave. song, not sure the correct title of it. But I have rediscovered some early gems on there, like Cry to Me and that song about blue turning to gray and try as you may you just don't feel good. I had forgotten how powerful those songs are. teenage hearbreak at its best. sung by a scranny white kid with tire-tread lips, wearing a cardigan sweater, and tryin to sing like a black man. would it be enough for your teenage hearts or would it fail to ease the pain. youth is a stuff that will not endure, my man shakespeare said that.

There is so much more the Stones could do with their own channel, but in keeping with their character they have put no effort into it, only recording a very brief sound bite per Stone and not releaseing or re-releasing any live material or interview footage. What about the old King Biscuit shows? Or heck, why not play some live tracks off live albums other than ya yas? In fairness they are playing going to a go go from still life frequently so codos for that. the people programming the elvis channel know how to do it right. but i would suppose the memphis mafia is a whole lot easier to work with then the rolling stones machine.
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
The Rolling Stones World Tour 2005 Rolling Stones Bigger Bang Tour 2005 2006 Rolling Stones Forum - Rolling Stones Message Board - Mick Jagger - Keith Richards - Brian Jones - Charlie Watts - Ian Stewart - Stu - Bill Wyman - Mick Taylor - Ronnie Wood - Ron Wood - Rolling Stones 2005 Tour - Farewell Tour - Rolling Stones: Onstage World Tour A Bigger Bang US Tour

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED)