ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
A Bigger Bang World Tour 2005 - 2006
Who's driving my bus?
The Bigger Bang Bus in Buenos Aires, Argentina
40x5 la Disquería/ Midnight Rambler / 40x5 Tributo bar / EMI Argentina / Modena Desing
Photo by khalil78 from BdP the message board by Midnight Rambler and Rocks Off
[ ROCKSOFF.ORG ] [ IORR NEWS ] [ SETLISTS 1962-2005 ] [ FORO EN ESPAÑOL ] [ BIT TORRENT TRACKER ] [ BIRTHDAY'S LIST ] [ MICK JAGGER ] [ KEITHFUCIUS ] [ CHARLIE WATTS ] [ RONNIE WOOD ] [ BRIAN JONES ] [ MICK TAYLOR ] [ BILL WYMAN ] [ IAN "STU" STEWART ] [ NICKY HOPKINS ] [ MERRY CLAYTON ] [ IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN ] [ LINKS ] [ PHOTOS ] [ JIMI HENDRIX ] [ TEMPLE ] [ GUESTBOOK ] [ ADMIN ]
CHAT ROOM aka The Fun HOUSE Rest rooms last days
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Daltrey slams rock snobs Return to archive
September 5th, 2005 01:46 PM
Ten Thousand Motels DALTREY SLAMS ROCK SNOBS

ROGER DALTREY has hit out at rock 'n' roll snobbery since he agreed to team up with British boy band McFLY, as he insists his band THE WHO were also a favourite with teeny-boppers in their heyday.

The veteran rocker yesterday (04SEP05) launched UK music store HMV's download website by re-recording his anthemic 1965 hit MY GENERATION with the youthful pop group. The track will also act as a fundraiser for his charity the Teenage Cancer Trust.

But although the surprise coupling struck many as unlikely, Daltrey was thrilled to work with the heart-throbs.

He says, "I'm just fed up of the snobbishness in the music business, over working with a boyband. We were a boyband. A rough boyband, but nevertheless a teeny-bop boyband.

"We've all got to start somewhere. Music takes all sorts. And of the all sorts, they're a good mob. I'm not a snob about it."
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
The Rolling Stones World Tour 2005 Rolling Stones Bigger Bang Tour 2005 2006 Rolling Stones Forum - Rolling Stones Message Board - Mick Jagger - Keith Richards - Brian Jones - Charlie Watts - Ian Stewart - Stu - Bill Wyman - Mick Taylor - Ronnie Wood - Ron Wood - Rolling Stones 2005 Tour - Farewell Tour - Rolling Stones: Onstage World Tour A Bigger Bang US Tour

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED)