ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
A Bigger Bang World Tour 2005 - 2006
Who's driving my bus?
The Bigger Bang Bus in Buenos Aires, Argentina
40x5 la Disquería/ Midnight Rambler / 40x5 Tributo bar / EMI Argentina / Modena Desing
Photo by khalil78 from BdP the message board by Midnight Rambler and Rocks Off
[ ROCKSOFF.ORG ] [ IORR NEWS ] [ SETLISTS 1962-2005 ] [ FORO EN ESPAÑOL ] [ BIT TORRENT TRACKER ] [ BIRTHDAY'S LIST ] [ MICK JAGGER ] [ KEITHFUCIUS ] [ CHARLIE WATTS ] [ RONNIE WOOD ] [ BRIAN JONES ] [ MICK TAYLOR ] [ BILL WYMAN ] [ IAN "STU" STEWART ] [ NICKY HOPKINS ] [ MERRY CLAYTON ] [ IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN ] [ LINKS ] [ PHOTOS ] [ JIMI HENDRIX ] [ TEMPLE ] [ GUESTBOOK ] [ ADMIN ]
CHAT ROOM aka The Fun HOUSE Rest rooms last days
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Stones on NBC's Today Show 09/06/05 Return to archive
September 4th, 2005 10:01 PM
Nellcote TUESDAY, SEPT. 6
Matt interviews the Rolling Stones.

Matt is about the only US network person The Stones can stand...
September 4th, 2005 10:02 PM
glencar I shall tape it.
September 4th, 2005 10:22 PM
corgi37 We get it here in Oz around midnight. Must watch. That Matt guy is a Stones nut (well, seems to be).

A bit gushy. A bit sucky-sucky, but hey, i would be too. If i had to interview them, i'd cry.

Probably get on my knees and say "I'm not worthy".

Actually, no i wouldnt. I'd kick their bony asses for not touring Australia for 22 years from 73-95, smack their wrinkled faces for not coming here in 97, and ring their wobbly turkey necks unless they gave me a iron clad promise they are touring here next year.
September 6th, 2005 07:00 AM
Nellcote BUMP, as this show is just about to start.
Probably they will air during either the 2nd or 4th 1/2 hour....
September 6th, 2005 07:01 AM
egon can we find it online (later) ?
September 6th, 2005 07:10 AM
Gazza I assume (like the BBC interview last weekend) someone will torrent it within hours!
September 6th, 2005 07:12 AM
Nellcote I would think the only holdup towards this being aired is ongoing coverage of Hurricane Katrina..
September 6th, 2005 07:24 AM
Ten Thousand Motels I've been watching this for the last twenty minutes and haven't heard a mention of the Stones. I did see Tim Russert though, if that's any consolation.
September 6th, 2005 07:33 AM
Nellcote I'm thinking that if it does not make the 1st two hours, it may air during the 9-10A hour, which is not shown in all markets. Info about the Stones being on was obtained from:
http://www.vh1.com/artists/rock_on_tv/
September 6th, 2005 07:34 AM
IanBillen
quote:
corgi37 wrote:
We get it here in Oz around midnight. Must watch. That Matt guy is a Stones nut (well, seems to be).

A bit gushy. A bit sucky-sucky, but hey, i would be too. If i had to interview them, i'd cry.

Probably get on my knees and say "I'm not worthy".

Actually, no i wouldnt. I'd kick their bony asses for not touring Australia for 22 years from 73-95, smack their wrinkled faces for not coming here in 97, and ring their wobbly turkey necks unless they gave me a iron clad promise they are touring here next year.

I can understand your point of view. Now about the Matt Lawer thing:
Yeah, and mick APPROVES of him. Oh well. The guy does respect them. I think that is why Mick Jaggerf said "No. Matt Lawer is fine" in FF. By the way great DVD set. Nothing better for anyone.

Ian

September 6th, 2005 07:39 AM
Ten Thousand Motels Matt's ok....(for a network talking head....the upper level of the bottom of the barrell.) But Katie....she's a suck up....always fawning over other celebrites.
September 6th, 2005 07:41 AM
mac_daddy is this the same interview that was done the day of the press conference..?

are they wearing those clothes as they did in that one..? maybe this is the second part that was done that day, but scheduled to air the day of the album's release...

September 6th, 2005 08:10 AM
glencar It still hasn't aired & in fact I haven't seen even a promo for it.
September 6th, 2005 08:32 AM
Nellcote Matt says in the next 1/2 hour...
September 6th, 2005 08:53 AM
Nellcote It just aired, mix of footage & interviews.
More on Dateline Friday night on NBC @ 9P
September 6th, 2005 08:56 AM
glencar Yeah I tuned into the middle of it. I get the NBC West Coast feed so I'll tape it at 1145AM. The Dateline story looks to be more extensive.
September 6th, 2005 09:01 AM
Ten Thousand Motels
quote:
Nellcote wrote:
It just aired, mix of footage & interviews.
More on Dateline Friday night on NBC @ 9P

I just turned the tv back on when I saw your previous post.and caught it. Just a blurb but I guess it was a hype for the Dateline show. That's ok though. I just wish I had a golf cart to cart me around on when I was drunk.
September 6th, 2005 09:45 AM
Joey
quote:
Ten Thousand Motels wrote:
I did see Tim Russert though, if that's any consolation.

No !

.......... FRIG NO !!!!

September 6th, 2005 09:55 AM
gimmekeef You really need a big screen to fully see Russert..Hmm ryhmes with dessert doesnt it...
September 6th, 2005 10:08 AM
The Wick Will Dateline repeat the same thing and more? Were these new interviews?
September 6th, 2005 10:15 AM
glencar Yes, I think it was filmed around the Fenway concerts. There will be an "in-depth look" (!) on Dateline.
September 6th, 2005 10:23 AM
Nellcote GC, it also included Hahtfud footage. The scene where Keith is tooling about with Matt on the caht, as well as when Jagger takes him on the tour of the stage is from Hahtfud...
September 6th, 2005 11:18 AM
Joey
quote:
Nellcote wrote:
GC, it also included Hahtfud footage. The scene where Keith is tooling about with Matt on the caht, as well as when Jagger takes him on the tour of the stage is from Hahtfud...

Personally , I shall NOT be leaving Nebraska this tour .

September 6th, 2005 11:24 AM
Nellcote Joey, this is a redundant comment on your part.
Due to the frequency of this comment by yourself, I would
openly speculate that the reason the Stones booked the Omaha date was due to your steadfast reluctance to travel.
You really need to open up now & then.
Hahtfud was a spot on show, as others will attest...
September 6th, 2005 11:28 AM
Joey
quote:
Nellcote wrote:

You really need to open up now & then.
Hahtfud was a spot on show, as others will attest...

*** Sniff ! ***

|
|
|
|
|
|
V

***** Sniff ! ****** Sniff ! ******

|
|
|
|
|
|
|
V

**** Sniff ! **** **** Sniff ! **** **** Sniff ! **** **** Sniff ! ****

|
|
|
|
|
|
V

********************* You are almost there ***************

|
|
|
|
|
V

************* Just a little bit more ........ **************

|
|
|
|
|
|
|
V

September 6th, 2005 12:02 PM
glencar Yes, indeed, Nellie, that was all Hartford. I caught the West Coast feed & it's so obvious that Lauer is a huge Stones fan. There wasn't much in the story but it's always nice to see hype for the boys.
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
The Rolling Stones World Tour 2005 Rolling Stones Bigger Bang Tour 2005 2006 Rolling Stones Forum - Rolling Stones Message Board - Mick Jagger - Keith Richards - Brian Jones - Charlie Watts - Ian Stewart - Stu - Bill Wyman - Mick Taylor - Ronnie Wood - Ron Wood - Rolling Stones 2005 Tour - Farewell Tour - Rolling Stones: Onstage World Tour A Bigger Bang US Tour

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED)