ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
A Bigger Bang World Tour 2005 - 2006
Who's driving my bus?
The Bigger Bang Bus in Buenos Aires, Argentina
40x5 la Disquería/ Midnight Rambler / 40x5 Tributo bar / EMI Argentina / Modena Desing
Photo by khalil78 from BdP the message board by Midnight Rambler and Rocks Off
[ ROCKSOFF.ORG ] [ IORR NEWS ] [ SETLISTS 1962-2005 ] [ FORO EN ESPAÑOL ] [ BIT TORRENT TRACKER ] [ BIRTHDAY'S LIST ] [ MICK JAGGER ] [ KEITHFUCIUS ] [ CHARLIE WATTS ] [ RONNIE WOOD ] [ BRIAN JONES ] [ MICK TAYLOR ] [ BILL WYMAN ] [ IAN "STU" STEWART ] [ NICKY HOPKINS ] [ MERRY CLAYTON ] [ IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN ] [ LINKS ] [ PHOTOS ] [ JIMI HENDRIX ] [ TEMPLE ] [ GUESTBOOK ] [ ADMIN ]
CHAT ROOM aka The Fun HOUSE Rest rooms last days
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: The Rolling Stones have been added to MTV, VH1 and CMT's Hurricane Katrina relief special. Return to archive
September 3rd, 2005 04:14 PM
stewed & Keefed Kanye, Kelly, Stones Added To Massive Disaster-Relief Special
09.02.2005 6:18 PM EDT

'ReAct Now: Music & Relief' will air September 10 on MTV, VH1, elsewhere.
Kelly Clarkson
Photo: Getty Images

Kanye West, Kelly Clarkson and the Rolling Stones are among several artists who have been added to MTV, VH1 and CMT's Hurricane Katrina relief special.

Airing September 10 from 8 to 11 p.m. ET/PT, "ReAct Now: Music & Relief" will feature

a mix of live and taped performances and messages from more than 30 artists.
September 3rd, 2005 04:57 PM
The_Worst Oh I'm glad to see they added Kayne West to the bill...I shall not watch this special & be lectured by that numb nut...This telethon is a bust...
September 3rd, 2005 06:04 PM
pdog
quote:
The_Worst wrote:
Oh I'm glad to see they added Kayne West to the bill...I shall not watch this special & be lectured by that numb nut...This telethon is a bust...

Lecturing by a numbnut! That's what was said about you...

September 3rd, 2005 07:16 PM
the good Maybe Mick will say "George Bush is a Neocon who doesn't care about black people."
September 3rd, 2005 07:23 PM
the good Then he'll say "My comments weren't aimed, not personally aimed, at the president."
September 3rd, 2005 07:59 PM
The_Worst
quote:
pdog wrote:

Lecturing by a numbnut! That's what was said about you...

Whatever you say pdog....
September 3rd, 2005 08:28 PM
LadyJane I'm very happy to see the Stones on the lineup.

Now...most of you know that I'm not a big fan of our President (understatement of the year). That said Kanye West outraged me with his comments last night. Completely out of line and inappropriate timing.

Oh please let the Stones outsell him on Tuesday.

LJ.
September 3rd, 2005 08:58 PM
texile please god, don't let it be SOL.....
will it be live or a studio performance?
i assumed the stones would act somehow...that's great, but i hope they don't do the new shit; i'm not bashing the new stones, i just think they should perform something relevant to the mood......gimme shelter?
otherwise, it would be a shameful act of promotion for ABB.....but they're above all that right?

September 4th, 2005 10:14 AM
gimmekeef Well it will be taped of course so maybe it will be from one of the arena shows this week.Perhaps the whole band this time on "Salt of the Earth?"..Or Back of My Hand with its Delta mood?
September 4th, 2005 10:42 AM
jb
quote:
LadyJane wrote:
I'm very happy to see the Stones on the lineup.

Now...most of you know that I'm not a big fan of our President (understatement of the year). That said Kanye West outraged me with his comments last night. Completely out of line and inappropriate timing.

LJ.

AS usual, their idiot management team release the record when they knew West and Fitty will outsell it by a long shot....Like him or not, Kayne is the biggest thing going in the hip-hop community now....We lost to Elvis last time and shall lose again.....we will never have a #1 record in the 21st century b/c of their incompetent release dates.......... even if it was #1 for just a week, people would buy it b/c of the publicity........By the way, I don't think Bush does care that much for minorities....
[Edited by jb]
September 4th, 2005 10:54 AM
exile
quote:
LadyJane wrote:
That said Kanye West outraged me with his comments last night. Completely out of line and inappropriate timing.

I just saw this on internet....you have to admit it was quite funny.

How was Mike Myers face when he said it. Mike Myers did not know what was going on.

Im not american and its not my place to comment...Im only saying it is funny, what he said.
September 4th, 2005 11:03 AM
nankerphelge That is the night they play Chicago!
Are they gonna broadcast live???
Might we hear Salt of the Earth again?
Might we hear Shine a Light?
I got the Blues?

Hmmmmm!
September 4th, 2005 11:08 AM
jb ==========Out of Tears, Til the next time we say goodbye================
Will they omitt JJF b/c of the reference to cross fire-hurricane..Mick already has ruined SFTD by omitting the kennedy part.Also, will BS be left out?
September 4th, 2005 12:10 PM
Gazza
quote:
texile wrote:
please god, don't let it be SOL.....
will it be live or a studio performance?

maybe it wont be either!! It could be a "taped message"..see the original post!

Personally, I think it'll be a pre-recorded song from one of the live shows that take place in the days leading up to it
September 4th, 2005 01:18 PM
texile can you imagine a stripped-down rendition of shine a light?
now that would be fantastic - but the stones nver seem to be able to take full advantage of great opportunities....
i just hope it's not some live broadcast of BS,SMU...know what i mean - and i hope they don't bring out the new stuff for this - it isn't the place for it...
anybody see clapton on larry king - i'm not a clapton freak, but it was a good song and performance ...
i just hope our boys put some thought into this.
on the other hand - can you imagine jagger singing those AWFUL lines from SOL for a world audience on an ocaasion like this....shudder.
September 4th, 2005 01:31 PM
Angiegirl
quote:
texile wrote:
can you imagine jagger singing those AWFUL lines from SOL for a world audience on an ocaasion like this....shudder.

World audience?? We won't be seeing it here, and if they do SOL, that would be for the better
September 4th, 2005 01:49 PM
sirmoonie They can't play Gimme Shelter either, this is fucked up, all this alleged "political correctnessism" thats going on in the damn country, I swear to god it wasn't like this in the good ole days.....
September 4th, 2005 01:57 PM
sirmoonie I actually had to google up Kayne West, because I never heard of the dude.

Here's his site. That intro vocal is pretty funny. Otherwise, its sounds like rap from the Gs that be kickin' it on Sesame Street, get me a quart of milk, ya Oscar the Grouch looking motherfucka........

http://www.kanyewest.com/
September 4th, 2005 02:01 PM
gypsy
quote:
LadyJane wrote:
I'm very happy to see the Stones on the lineup.

LJ.

I can't stand Kanye West. Remember when he threw that huge fit last year because he lost some music award to some female country singer?
I wish someone would pop a cap in his ass already.
September 4th, 2005 02:05 PM
The_Worst
quote:
gypsy wrote:

I can't stand Kanye West. Remember when he threw that huge fit last year because he lost some music award to some female country singer?
I wish someone would pop a cap in his ass already.

gypsy, I think I'm falling in love with you
September 4th, 2005 02:11 PM
sirmoonie Is he Wes cose or Eas cose? Anyway, he ain't got no rhymes, he ain't down enough to get no caps busted in his ass, like these niggaz is.

[Edited by sirmoonie]
September 4th, 2005 04:22 PM
gypsy
quote:
sirmoonie wrote:
Is he Wes cose or Eas cose? Anyway, he ain't got no rhymes, he ain't down enough to get no caps busted in his ass, like these niggaz is.

[Edited by sirmixalot]

I miss Tupac, man. Suge is just straight up shady. P. Diddy or Diddy, or whatever he is calling himself today, just needs to be shot already.
September 6th, 2005 08:09 AM
Gazza Hurricane Relief in Full Swing
Ranging from an unprecedented local simulcast to a rare collaboration among the major national networks, the broadcast telethon effort to help victims of Hurricane Katrina has swung into high gear.

In fact, local broadcast-sponsored events the past several days helped raise more than $1 million for hurricane relief in the tri- state alone.

Local TV viewers knew something special was up Friday night when they saw Channel 9's Clyde Gray on the same set standing next to Channel 12's Kit Andrews. The landmark telethon, put together in less than 48 hours, saw the usually fiercely competing anchors sharing air time for an hour with station reporters answering phones.

It's believed the one-hour broadcast, "Tri-state Together," with lines open for two hours, raised more than $320,000. All seven local stations were represented: Channels 5, 9, 12, 19, 48, 64 and low- power Channel 38.

A previous local TV simulcast in 1997 involved six stations appealing for tutors for the Cincinnati Youth Collaborative.

Meanwhile, Channel 5 officials say they took in $700,000 in pledges operating phone banks at the station Wednesday through Friday.

A fund drive organized by Cincinnati Clear Channel-owned stations took in around $50,000 at Friday night's Bengals game.

Next up is "Shelter From the Storm: A Concert for the Gulf Coast" at 8 p.m. Friday to be simulcast on ABC CBS, Fox, NBC, PBS, WB and UPN. It will be the first such fund-raising collaboration since the networks broadcast a two-hour benefit after Sept 11. That telethon took in $150 million.

The musical and celebrity lineup was still being assembled over the weekend, but there was some speculation that New Orleans native Ellen DeGeneres may host the event.

Meanwhile, some networks grumbled that NBC jumped the gun without consulting the other networks when it rushed a Friday night special featuring famous New Orleans natives Harry Connick Jr., Winton Marsalis and Tim McGraw. It was reported that Connick approached NBC, urging it to get a fund-raiser on as soon as possible.

Other broadcast hurricane benefits being planned:

Cable channel Great American Country is teaming up with Nashville's Grand Ole Opry for "Country Reaches Out: An Opry Benefit for the American Red Cross" 8 p.m. Sept. 27 with headliners Alan Jackson, Alison Kraus and Keith Urban. The show will be simulcast on Great American Country sister networks DIY and Fine Living, owned by Cincinnati-based E.W. Scripps Co., which also owns The Post and WCPO- TV.

MTV will hold "ReAct Now: Music & Relief 8- 11 p.m. Saturday. A growing list of artists includes the Rolling Stones, Paul McCartney, Rob Thomas, Brian Wilson, Sheryl Crow, Ludacris, Green Day, Usher, Alicia Keys, John Mellencamp, and Dave Matthews. The show will be simulcast on MTV's sister networks VH1 and CMT, owned by Viacom. BET was also planning an event for Friday.

Source: Cincinnati Post

September 6th, 2005 08:14 AM
glencar The Stones should world premiere the video for SOL on this upcoming special.
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
The Rolling Stones World Tour 2005 Rolling Stones Bigger Bang Tour 2005 2006 Rolling Stones Forum - Rolling Stones Message Board - Mick Jagger - Keith Richards - Brian Jones - Charlie Watts - Ian Stewart - Stu - Bill Wyman - Mick Taylor - Ronnie Wood - Ron Wood - Rolling Stones 2005 Tour - Farewell Tour - Rolling Stones: Onstage World Tour A Bigger Bang US Tour

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED)