ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
A Bigger Bang World Tour 2005 - 2006
Who's driving my bus?
The Bigger Bang Bus in Buenos Aires, Argentina
40x5 la Disquería/ Midnight Rambler / 40x5 Tributo bar / EMI Argentina / Modena Desing
Photo by khalil78 from BdP the message board by Midnight Rambler and Rocks Off
[ ROCKSOFF.ORG ] [ IORR NEWS ] [ SETLISTS 1962-2005 ] [ FORO EN ESPAÑOL ] [ BIT TORRENT TRACKER ] [ BIRTHDAY'S LIST ] [ MICK JAGGER ] [ KEITHFUCIUS ] [ CHARLIE WATTS ] [ RONNIE WOOD ] [ BRIAN JONES ] [ MICK TAYLOR ] [ BILL WYMAN ] [ IAN "STU" STEWART ] [ NICKY HOPKINS ] [ MERRY CLAYTON ] [ IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN ] [ LINKS ] [ PHOTOS ] [ JIMI HENDRIX ] [ TEMPLE ] [ GUESTBOOK ] [ ADMIN ]
CHAT ROOM aka The Fun HOUSE Rest rooms last days
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: A Bigger Bang- 7 Days and Counting Return to archive Page: 1 2
August 30th, 2005 12:17 AM
time is on my side While many on this board have heard the entire album as they downloaded it from various sites, I've decided to do it the old fashion way & wait for it's actual release.

In a week, I'll be listening to it myself. The wait has been long but, what the hell, I figure I'll be listening to it for the next 30 years or so (hopefully, one never knows when your time will come because, as someone once said, time waits for no one) so what's another week.

The general consensus I've been hearing is that this is a great album. You're always going to get your negative vibes because, as the old saying goes, you can't please everyone. You can probably find people who feel Exile On Main St is an overrated album. My guess is that you can even find some people who feel ER is a great song (sorry couldn't resist cause that's on another thread). Who knows maybe I might be one of the few who doesn't like A Bigger Bang. Somehow I don't feel like that is going to happen but one never knows. From what I've been hearing, it seems the STONES have done what the naysayers (many apparently on this board) said they could no longer do- create some meaningful, interesting new music.

I'm getting really excited as that TIME draws near. The sound I hear is the clock ticking.
August 30th, 2005 12:50 AM
Soldatti I'm with you man, I only heard 3 songs so far and can't wait to the next Monday.
August 30th, 2005 03:18 AM
Poplar

delayed gratification ... always best!
August 30th, 2005 03:21 AM
ListenToTheLion I am also waiting. No downloads for me. The tension is growing...
August 30th, 2005 04:26 AM
beer Best album since Tattoo You.

-
August 30th, 2005 04:53 AM
FotiniD Yep, I dig the waiting too. Had a sneak peak at Amazon's samples, but just enough to get me going. Heck, we've waited eight years, what's another week?

And yes, I do believe it's going to be a good album. Just goes to show that when they DO want to come out with something good, they CAN.

Seven days it is...
August 30th, 2005 05:13 AM
egon I hope it will be available in France.
August 30th, 2005 06:53 AM
exile cant wait
August 30th, 2005 07:36 AM
exile yeah of course you HAVE to buy it
the quality of those downloads is crap!

I want to hold the CD and look at the artwork and pictures....read the lyrics

There is nothing like that day getting a new Stones Record or Cd home for the first time and cranking it up

I cannot wait.....

You would have to be a tightarse stones fan not to go buy it!
August 30th, 2005 08:07 AM
glencar I've heard the 4 songs at rs.com & Rain Fall Down from BBC2 but otherwise, next Tuesday is the day for me!
August 31st, 2005 02:32 PM
ListenToTheLion You're right. Fuck those downloads and those premature reviews . Monday will be THE day.
[Edited by ListenToTheLion]
August 31st, 2005 02:49 PM
Dan I am going to download it or copy it off someone. I was fully intending to buy it at full price the day it was released but after hearing they are releasing a deluxe DVD around Christmas I decided to wait. Sick and tired of getting hustled into buying the same releases over and over again.
August 31st, 2005 02:55 PM
ListenToTheLion
quote:
Dan wrote:
I am going to download it or copy it off someone. I was fully intending to buy it at full price the day it was released but after hearing they are releasing a deluxe DVD around Christmas I decided to wait. Sick and tired of getting hustled into buying the same releases over and over again.

Thank you and good night.
August 31st, 2005 05:10 PM
time is on my side
quote:
Dan wrote:
I am going to download it or copy it off someone. I was fully intending to buy it at full price the day it was released but after hearing they are releasing a deluxe DVD around Christmas I decided to wait. Sick and tired of getting hustled into buying the same releases over and over again.

I plan on buying one and possibly two CD's (one for work and for listening to in the car) when it's released this Tuesday. I then plan on burning 4 copies on CD-R (one for listening on the computer in my bedroom, one for listening on the computer downstairs, one for listening in the entertainment room, and one for listening in my portable CD player). In this fashion, I will have A Bigger Bang playing at all TIMES at all possible locations.

Yeah, I hear you about buying the same releases over and over again but I get the feeling that I'm going to go slightly nuts over A Bigger Bang. They'll probably wind up getting me for the deluxe version as well down the road.
[Edited by time is on my side]
September 1st, 2005 03:34 AM
ListenToTheLion
quote:
time is on my side wrote:

I plan on buying one and possibly two CD's (one for work and for listening to in the car) when it's released this Tuesday. I then plan on burning 4 copies on CD-R (one for listening on the computer in by bedroom, one for listening on the computer downstairs, one for listening in the entertainment room, and one was listening in my portable CD player). In this fashion, I will have A Bigger Bang playing at all TIMES at all possible locations.

Don't forget the toilet.
September 1st, 2005 04:42 PM
time is on my side
quote:
ListenToTheLion wrote:

Don't forget the toilet.

Good point but you forgot I have a portable CD player.

It's now 5 days away!!! TIME is slowly ticking away.
September 1st, 2005 05:08 PM
gimmekeef Sorry..couldnt wait..shitty mp3's or not this album smokes!....I admire you all...but I cant wait for the real deal on Tuesday either..Gotta have a t least one official copy!
September 1st, 2005 05:32 PM
Trey Krimsin Five more days, people!!!!!

I'm also waiting for the September 6th release date. I have heard a few of the songs at RS.com, and I'm lovin' each and every song. And with every note, I'm salivating like Pavlov's Dog.

I am thinking of buying two copies. One for playing on every CD player in the house and car, and one just for the hell of having an unopened copy. Although, I might burn out the first copy, by playing it so much.
September 1st, 2005 05:39 PM
Navin Is it possible to "burn out" a CD copy by playing it too much?
September 1st, 2005 05:40 PM
egon almost midnite, which makes it officially 3 days.
September 1st, 2005 06:34 PM
ListenToTheLion Since it's past midnight we can say A Bigger Bang is now official on sale in Holland. This day, 2 september, most record stores will sell the album. When I wake up I will hurry to my local dealer. Counting the hours...
September 1st, 2005 10:21 PM
Soldatti It seems that it will be out the next Tuesday here, 1 more damn day. What a painful wait.
September 1st, 2005 11:02 PM
Riffhard Well I was gonna wait as well,but as I work in radio I got a copy already!! The radio biz is great! Oh sure the pay sucks,and the pussy trail ain't what it used to be,but I got A Bigger Bang right fucking now! So I got that goin' for me. Trust us all. It's worth the wait!!!

Riffhard
September 1st, 2005 11:06 PM
parmeda Riffy...

Money is only paper.
Pussy is nothing more than a piece of flesh.
Gettin' yer rocks off by A Bigger Bang...fucking priceless!
September 1st, 2005 11:19 PM
Soldatti Lucky bastard!
September 1st, 2005 11:28 PM
Riffhard
quote:
parmeda wrote:
Riffy...

Money is only paper.
Pussy is nothing more than a piece of flesh.
Gettin' yer rocks off by A Bigger Bang...fucking priceless!

Too true Pammy! Too true!!

Riffhard
September 2nd, 2005 02:42 AM
FotiniD Ok, I said I'd wait for the official release but I couldn't resist the temptation of listening to two or three more songs online...

Back of my Hand is priceless, imo. I mean, think of what we've been discussing all these years waiting for the new material - they finally gave us another blues song! Real, raw blues! And Laugh, I Nearly Died is worth all the praises it's been getting, it's so different and new. I think it's obvious that this time the Glimmers really did sit down and work together. And Keith's tunes... God!

Having also just read the full lyrics (and of course all your reviews guys and gals) I think it'll be safe to say we got ourselves a real masterpiece here. They're back with a vengeance
September 2nd, 2005 02:43 AM
FotiniD
quote:
Trey Krimsin wrote:
I am thinking of buying two copies. One for playing on every CD player in the house and car, and one just for the hell of having an unopened copy.

Hey, I once mentioned this idea back home and my mum said I was crazy Glad to see I ain't the only one.
September 2nd, 2005 02:43 AM
Moonisup 1 hour and counting
September 2nd, 2005 03:57 AM
egon Will virging france sell it earlier....?

Anyone?
Page: 1 2
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
The Rolling Stones World Tour 2005 Rolling Stones Bigger Bang Tour 2005 2006 Rolling Stones Forum - Rolling Stones Message Board - Mick Jagger - Keith Richards - Brian Jones - Charlie Watts - Ian Stewart - Stu - Bill Wyman - Mick Taylor - Ronnie Wood - Ron Wood - Rolling Stones 2005 Tour - Farewell Tour - Rolling Stones: Onstage World Tour A Bigger Bang US Tour

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED)