ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
A Bigger Bang World Tour 2005 - 2006
Who's driving my bus?
The Bigger Bang Bus in Buenos Aires, Argentina
40x5 la Disquería/ Midnight Rambler / 40x5 Tributo bar / EMI Argentina / Modena Desing
Photo by khalil78 from BdP the message board by Midnight Rambler and Rocks Off
[ ROCKSOFF.ORG ] [ IORR NEWS ] [ SETLISTS 1962-2005 ] [ FORO EN ESPAÑOL ] [ BIT TORRENT TRACKER ] [ BIRTHDAY'S LIST ] [ MICK JAGGER ] [ KEITHFUCIUS ] [ CHARLIE WATTS ] [ RONNIE WOOD ] [ BRIAN JONES ] [ MICK TAYLOR ] [ BILL WYMAN ] [ IAN "STU" STEWART ] [ NICKY HOPKINS ] [ MERRY CLAYTON ] [ IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN ] [ LINKS ] [ PHOTOS ] [ JIMI HENDRIX ] [ TEMPLE ] [ GUESTBOOK ] [ ADMIN ]
CHAT ROOM aka The Fun HOUSE Rest rooms last days
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Starbuck's "Exile" project for RO musicians Return to archive Page: 1 2
September 4th, 2005 05:29 PM
J.J.Flash
quote:
corgi37 wrote:
Everyone needs a good pot and pan player! So, see what you can do. Dont think its unimportant, but even little things like tambourine would be cool.

No worries JJ. Keep at it. Just try and go verse by verse if you have to. Trying it all at once just asks for a blooper here and there.

I just sent Starbuck a PM. I am a complete fucking idiot. I thought i saved my Let it Loose session. But, noooooooooo. I did about 3 takes. I fucked up big time towards the end on all of them, but nothing i cant fix digitally.

I wasnt totally happy with the sound anyway, and i will complete it tomorrow, get right into Stop Breaking Down, and then Happy. PM me your email, and i will reply with mine. Happy is a simple sounding song, but actually pretty tricky. I can never get the guitar part right. Drumming to it can be a bitch too. I always go out of time, but with Cool Edit, i can just go verse by verse, and pick the right ones that i succeed in. I actually used to have the same problem with BITCH and (for us to worry about) All down the line. But, i'll get there.

Provided i save the sucka! Man, i cant believe it.

This just steels me to get this together. I am furious with myself. But, as i PM'd to Starbuck, the actual drum sound is ok. It's mono (i have a stereo mixer, stereo leads, yet it aint stereo). Well, it could be. My mikes are probably bleeding into each other real bad. I can fix that a little bit - get a little more seperation, but that would take forever. I got some lovely sound fonts i can add, and really switch them from channel to channel, so that can add a nice ambience, and spread out the sound a bit more to make it a little more interesting.

Other than that, considering the crappy mikes i have, i am not too unhappy with the quality. Very "Exile". hahaha.

dont forget - Brown Sugar's drums are only done with 3 mikes.

P.S. Is it "MIKES", or "MIC'S"?

[Edited by corgi37]

Hahahah did you say Brown Sugar Corgi?!?! Don't you wanna play drums on my two-guitars? I've been playing it for a long time, but never tried to record it through my computer. But yesterday, I've finally done it. Very Richards + Taylor all along. As for Happy, I didn't have the time. Will try.

Best regards!
September 4th, 2005 08:57 PM
corgi37 Anyway, Let it loose will be done today, and STop Breaking Down by Wednesday my time (Tuesday every one elses time).
September 5th, 2005 10:43 AM
corgi37 Starbuck - check PM.

Slight correction! I discovered why i was only recording in mono, despite 4 microphones. Well, now 3. I stood on one and its fucked. Anyway, got 3 well balanced and full drum sounds. Including my fucking dog going nuts at the cat. My stupid step-daughter let him out. Back to the drawing board. Wasnt happy with that drum track anyway. Went a bit nuts towards the end. This is Let it Loose, BTW.

Now, its all systems go.

Stop breaking down should be done by Wednesday. Now my tech hassles are over, we are laughing.
[Edited by corgi37]
Page: 1 2
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
The Rolling Stones World Tour 2005 Rolling Stones Bigger Bang Tour 2005 2006 Rolling Stones Forum - Rolling Stones Message Board - Mick Jagger - Keith Richards - Brian Jones - Charlie Watts - Ian Stewart - Stu - Bill Wyman - Mick Taylor - Ronnie Wood - Ron Wood - Rolling Stones 2005 Tour - Farewell Tour - Rolling Stones: Onstage World Tour A Bigger Bang US Tour

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED)