ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board

Them shoes... 1978!
By Lynn Goldsmith
WEBRADIO CHANNELS:
[Ch1: Sike-ay-delic 60's] [Ch2: Random Sike-ay-delia] [Ch3: British Invasion]
Support these stations! Click and check

[THE WET PAGE] [IORR NEWS] [SETLISTS 62-99] [THE A/V ROOM] [THE ART GALLERY] [MICK JAGGER] [KEITHFUCIUS] [CHARLIE WATTS ] [RON WOOD] [BRIAN JONES] [MICK TAYLOR] [BILL WYMAN] [IAN STEWART ] [NICKY HOPKINS] [MERRY CLAYTON] [LISA FISCHER] [DARRYL JONES] [BOBBY KEYS] [JAMES PHELGE] [LINKS] [PHOTOS] [MAGAZINE COVERS] [MUSIC COVERS ] [JIMI HENDRIX] [BOOTLEGS] [TEMPLE] [GUESTBOOK] [ADMIN]

[CHAT ROOM aka THE FUN HOUSE] [RESTROOMS]

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" inside.
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch

ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: The Ruttles Return to archive
08-07-01 07:44 PM
Robert Schneeweiss I was watching a movie on t.v. called The Ruttles. I was stunned to see that Mick had a cameo in the film. He only had a few lines, but it's worth renting the video just for this one - "Is that the Ruttles?" - hilarious!
[Edited by Robert Schneeweiss]
08-07-01 08:11 PM
SAGJ Woody's in it too! He plays the Hell's Angel, and I'm not surprised you didn't recognize him.

I was at the Saturday Night Live Show in 1976 when Eric Idle was the host, and Mick and Woody were in the audience. Thought I would die. They were allowed to do everything we weren't -- smoke, go to the john, whatever. Like they had to have a cigarette because they were nervous about ME being there!! During a commercial break, they got up and went to the men's room, and they weren't allowed back to their seats once the show went back on the air. Eric Idle shows a film of The Rutles, a two minute predecessor to the feature, and it was hysterical, and I said to myself, Mick and Woody should be seeing this. I turned around and looked up, and the two of them were framed in the doorway, backlit, like an icon! And laughing! Joe Cocker was the musical guest -- that was the night John Belushi came out and started imitating him right alongside. I don't know how I got through the night -- too many Englishmen I loved in too small a space!
08-07-01 08:53 PM
The Eggman NO SHIT?

Have any more stories to tell?

The only Stones experience i have is in 98' where i waited in line to get a tee and missed the opening act (BLUES TRAVELER< BOOO!) I think the day the bassist wasn't there!

In conclusion the show was awesome
08-07-01 10:16 PM
Robert Schneeweiss I didn't catch Ron as the Hells Angel. I'll have to go and rent the video sometime. If you're looking for a funny Eric Idle role, check out The Holy Grail. It was made a bit before my time (cheesy settings), but it's a classic.
08-08-01 02:14 AM
Juicy Brucie I loved the Rutles movie, having been a Beatles fan.

But I think there should definitely be an equivalent take-off for the Stones. It's not like there's lack of material, some humorous (Mick's marraiges, flings, etc.), some tragic (Brian, Keith's bad habits).

The film 25x25 would be a great model for a satire.

On June 16, 2001 the hit counter of the WET page was inserted here, it had 174,489 hits. Now the hit counter is for both the page and the board.
The hit counter of the ITW board had 1,127,645 hits when it was closed and the Coolboard didn't have hit counter but was on line only two months and a half.