ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board

Them shoes... 1978!
By Lynn Goldsmith
WEBRADIO CHANNELS:
[Ch1: Sike-ay-delic 60's] [Ch2: Random Sike-ay-delia] [Ch3: British Invasion]
Support these stations! Click and check

[THE WET PAGE] [IORR NEWS] [SETLISTS 62-99] [THE A/V ROOM] [THE ART GALLERY] [MICK JAGGER] [KEITHFUCIUS] [CHARLIE WATTS ] [RON WOOD] [BRIAN JONES] [MICK TAYLOR] [BILL WYMAN] [IAN STEWART ] [NICKY HOPKINS] [MERRY CLAYTON] [LISA FISCHER] [DARRYL JONES] [BOBBY KEYS] [JAMES PHELGE] [LINKS] [PHOTOS] [MAGAZINE COVERS] [MUSIC COVERS ] [JIMI HENDRIX] [BOOTLEGS] [TEMPLE] [GUESTBOOK] [ADMIN]

[CHAT ROOM aka THE FUN HOUSE] [RESTROOMS]

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" inside.
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch

ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: aerosmith rules Return to archive Page: 1 2
08-07-01 05:33 PM
Hoobler aerosmith doesn't credit the stones? what are you stupid? perry's got more talent in one pinky than ten bonsos or twenty eds.
08-07-01 05:34 PM
Hoobler
quote:
Hoobler wrote:
whoops, i meant this to be a reply, not a post.

[Edited by Hoobler]
08-07-01 05:52 PM
The Eggman WOW, a 25 year old carrer and still the group comes looking like the Stones from the late 60's and 70's, So Give us a break, if their called the AMERCIAN GREATEST ROCK BAND, then why don't they play some rock then?
And stop looking pretty and accept the fact they ran outta ideas 10 years ago (Iam very sure Iam not the only one)

U2 are just a great band, that doesn't sale out, but compared to the Stones, they're only 2nd bst
08-07-01 06:03 PM
Hoobler i wouldn't call aerosmith pretty. and if they don't play rock, no one does. u2 is one of the gayest bands that ever lived, and they certainly are not original. no one is original. the stones aren't original.
08-07-01 06:10 PM
The Eggman How The FUNK aren't the Stones original???
Plzz just leave this board if your're gonna say Aerosmith is is better than the Stones (CRAP! I can't enough even think of 5 hits they did???) I CAN DEFINITELY think of 5 hits the Stones did in one year.

The Stones don't sale out, Their just great business men
They invented SEX, DRUGS and Rock & Roll (with respects to the song by Ian Dury) <...Oh look they invented something, jesss there goes your theory of the Stones not being orinigal, HA!
08-07-01 06:12 PM
The Eggman
quote:
Hoobler wrote:
i wouldn't call aerosmith pretty. and if they don't play rock, no one does. u2 is one of the gayest bands that ever lived, and they certainly are not original. no one is original. the stones aren't original.

WAIT, Steven Tyler is actually prettier then his daughter i beleieve (WAIT A SEC, she's pretty homely) HOW MANY FACELIFTS did he have?? like MICHAEL JACKSON NUMBERS HERE?

Mick Jagger : 0
08-07-01 06:26 PM
Hoobler if you wouldn't nail tyler's daughter, then you're as gay as u2. aerosmith doesn't have hits? you need to do your homework. i don't think aerosmith will be as great as the stones have been, but today they may be better than the stones are now. mick and keith can't do what tyler and perry can do. but no matter how good aerosmith gets, i'll always like the stones more. the stones rip people off all the time. they ripped off jonney johnson and chuck berry. the stones haven't sold out? they rented start me up to bill gates. that's the biggest sell out on the books. if steven tyler had a face lift, they did a bad job. jackson is amazing. he went from being an eight year old man to a white woman in her forties.
[Edited by Hoobler]
08-07-01 06:30 PM
Hoobler i didn't mean to start an aerosmith rules topic. that was a mistake. it was supposed to be a reply to another topic. aerosmith rules, but their place in rock'n roll history pales in comparison to the stones.
08-07-01 06:39 PM
SAGJ Ah, this takes me back to my grammar and high school days, when I constantly heard, among other things, "Ew, you like the Rolling Stones? That Mick Jagger is a fag and a queer."

When I found this board, I thought I had lucked out for once and found a place with thoughtful, intelligent people willing to discuss and share news about a band that I love with all my heart. And so far, that's mostly what it's been. Now we're getting "gay" used as a pejorative term: will black, woman, Chinese, Jewish, etc, etc, ad nauseum be next? If that's the kind of thing that's considered OK here, let me know, and I'll move on. Ignorance makes me break out.
08-07-01 06:41 PM
Hoobler
quote:
SAGJ wrote:
Ah, this takes me back to my grammar and high school days, when I constantly heard, among other things, "Ew, you like the Rolling Stones? That Mick Jagger is a fag and a queer."

When I found this board, I thought I had lucked out for once and found a place with thoughtful, intelligent people willing to discuss and share news about a band that I love with all my heart. And so far, that's mostly what it's been. Now we're getting "gay" used as a pejorative term: will black, woman, Chinese, Jewish, etc, etc, ad nauseum be next? If that's the kind of thing that's considered OK here, let me know, and I'll move on. Ignorance makes me break out.

that's gay.
08-07-01 08:04 PM
SAGJ Actually, my inquiry was directed to the administrators or any of the posters who walk upright.
08-07-01 08:49 PM
The Eggman Just STOP HOOBLER, i don't care what u think now (i lost your respect), if u like Aerosmith better fine good, u probably like 80's bands like HELIX , Hall and Oates and , WHITESNAKE, fine, go to the Aerosmith board (if they have one?)..us Stones fans will stay here!

Thank You
08-07-01 09:49 PM
Hoobler
quote:
The Eggman wrote:
Just STOP HOOBLER, i don't care what u think now (i lost your respect), if u like Aerosmith better fine good, u probably like 80's bands like HELIX , Hall and Oates and , WHITESNAKE, fine, go to the Aerosmith board (if they have one?)..us Stones fans will stay here!

Thank You

hey dork, i guess you can't read. i like the stones better than aerosmith, but i think aerosmith are better musicians right now.
08-07-01 11:10 PM
The Eggman Hey Dork plus 1 , nowhere does it say u like the Stones peroid
08-08-01 09:57 AM
Lazy Bones Without adding to the style of this discussion, I would like to point out that both are great bands!

Both rock; both have their own creativity; both are inspired by other artists and styles and incorporate that into their own music; both are great live; both CONTINUE to make great music; and both are great in their own, separate ways.

I wouldn't want to say which is better, because that would be my personal opinion - in which case, I do like the Stones better. However, IMO, Aerosmith is in my top 5. I would like to believe that, like the Beatles, there are many Aerosmith fans on this board so any Stones-related topics are nice (hopefully fun) to talk about.
08-08-01 07:00 PM
Hoobler cant you read, egghead?
08-09-01 01:24 AM
The Eggman could i get some admin help here?
08-09-01 10:08 AM
SAGJ Ah, Eggman, something will probably give now that you�ve made a point of asking, but I think this sad little high school boy holds the ultimate weapon � if anyone gets in his face about his mean spirit and ignorance, he will call them gay! And that threat does seem to silence grown men who should know better.

In these situations, you can never be sure if it is shared bigotry or cowardice that keeps people silent, but to be silent is to acquiesce, and for myself, I can�t indulge in conversation about a subject so close to my heart in an atmosphere where I can be brought up short by racist, homophobic or sexist slurs. That kind of thing just sickens me, as much as other people letting it go without censure. And it�s a shame, because in addition to the build up for the 2002 tour and a new album, I do, as you asked, have some other stories � through some perversion of fate, the Stones in various groupings seemed to follow me around for a ten year period, and these slight encounters had their funny side, because I never sought off-stage contact � in fact, I avoid it. So many people I�ve known have hunted them down with no success, but all I had to do is go about my own business and bang! And I would have liked to hear other people�s stories as well. But, as the man said, you can�t always get what you want, so, I better move on. (How�s that for a double play?)

08-09-01 02:40 PM
Hoobler get a life, sag.
08-09-01 02:49 PM
Hoobler [quote]Lazy Bones wrote:

Both rock; both have their own creativity; both are inspired by other artists and styles and incorporate that into their own music; both are great live; both CONTINUE to make great music; and both are great in their own, separate ways.

well put, lazy bones, and polite too. i can leave it at this.
08-09-01 03:19 PM
The Eggman wait a sec.?

First, YOu insulted him and retorted by with another comment by saying "well put"
08-09-01 03:24 PM
Hoobler i'm not sure what your talking about, egghead.
08-09-01 03:25 PM
The Eggman My only problem is that you can't call Aerosmith a rock band because , they put out maybe a 1 song per ablum that's a rock hit, if that, the rest all POP, as for U2, well nobody's ever called them a rock group, it's always changed styles, and like the Stones they've always made hits of it!!!
08-09-01 03:31 PM
Hoobler egg, it sounds like you are not very familiar with aerosmith. i agree, they put a little pop in their mtv songs. but the albums those songs come off of rock hard.
[Edited by Hoobler]
08-09-01 03:57 PM
The Eggman REally i would sworn they continously promoted ever song of the ablum, leaving nothing to the imagination of the listener...wait a sec....u!
08-09-01 04:07 PM
Hoobler if all you have scene or heard of aerosmith is from the radio or tv, you haven't scene or heard aerosmith. like i said, most of their songs are hard rock. they cater to the mtv audience too much, but i like jaded and fly away. i like every song off of just push play which isn't as hard as aerosmith usually is. i understand you don't like aerosmith, egg, but you can't say they don't have hits and that they don't rock.
08-09-01 04:14 PM
The Eggman Yes, u call them other great songs on the cd, we call em' FILLERS!
08-09-01 04:15 PM
Hoobler then what do you call the songs the stones don't promote on the radio or tv?
08-09-01 04:27 PM
The Eggman PURE GOLD!
08-09-01 04:28 PM
The Eggman The outtakes..Simiply gold

I recently somes rare songs like "Potted Shrimp" and "Aladdin Story" all instrumentals...marlelous
Page: 1 2

On June 16, 2001 the hit counter of the WET page was inserted here, it had 174,489 hits. Now the hit counter is for both the page and the board.
The hit counter of the ITW board had 1,127,645 hits when it was closed and the Coolboard didn't have hit counter but was on line only two months and a half.