ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board

Them shoes... 1978!
By Lynn Goldsmith
WEBRADIO CHANNELS:
[Ch1: Sike-ay-delic 60's] [Ch2: Random Sike-ay-delia] [Ch3: British Invasion]
Support these stations! Click and check

[THE WET PAGE] [IORR NEWS] [SETLISTS 62-99] [THE A/V ROOM] [THE ART GALLERY] [MICK JAGGER] [KEITHFUCIUS] [CHARLIE WATTS ] [RON WOOD] [BRIAN JONES] [MICK TAYLOR] [BILL WYMAN] [IAN STEWART ] [NICKY HOPKINS] [MERRY CLAYTON] [LISA FISCHER] [DARRYL JONES] [BOBBY KEYS] [JAMES PHELGE] [LINKS] [PHOTOS] [MAGAZINE COVERS] [MUSIC COVERS ] [JIMI HENDRIX] [BOOTLEGS] [TEMPLE] [GUESTBOOK] [ADMIN]

[CHAT ROOM aka THE FUN HOUSE] [RESTROOMS]

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" inside.
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch

ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: New Mick Jagger Album Slated for a November 2001 Release Return to archive
07-31-01 11:00 AM
VoodooChileInWOnderl Thanks to Axel Schumacher at the Undercover List for the heads up

http://www.virginrecords.com/

VIRGIN SIGNS MICK JAGGER TO SOLO DEAL
New Album Slated for a November 2001 Release

Nancy Berry, vice chairman, Virgin Music Group Worldwide, announced today that Mick Jagger has signed with the Virgin label as a solo artist. Jagger�s first release under the new agreement, his first solo album in eight years, is scheduled for a November, 2001 release. Comments Nancy Berry, "We could not be more thrilled that Mick has chosen Virgin as the home for his solo career. He is a legend whose timelessness is only furthered by his creativity, focus and drive. We look forward to this partnership with Mick with the goal of making this new album his greatest solo success yet." The new album will be Jagger�s fourth solo collection, and the first since 1993�s critically acclaimed Wandering Spirit.

08-02-01 12:57 AM
elegantly-wasted I posted this same information in here on this bulletin board, maybe a month ago, about Mick being on Virgin and coming out in November, and no one believed it, and I got an angry response for having posted the information! Oh, well...
08-02-01 01:15 AM
VoodooChileInWOnderl Well, this was your post, I don't see why you're writing "and no one believed it, and I got an angry response for having posted the information! Oh, well..."

I don't see any angry response, just one point of view

If you see, also Moy posted the same news one month before your message, and according to Bill German it was also posted with November as the release month; the doubt about the label (Virgin or Atlantic) was just a friendly discussion.

When the Stones tour finished in 1999, I posted a news from the Music Box about the same subject "Mick Jagger recording a solo album and touring"

Take a look to the board and its archives and you will see the same news sometimes being reposted as they appear on the news day by day.

I saw you message and did and do agree 100% as it was a news from Bill German, a close and always reliable source.
[Edited by VoodooChileInWOnderl]
08-02-01 08:06 AM
CS Now Rolling Stone confirms

MICK JAGGER will release his fourth solo album in November on Virgin Records. The ROLLING STONES frontman has been recording the album in various locales with guest appearances by BONO, LENNY KRAVITZ, PETE TOWNSHEND, MISSY ELLIOTT, WYCLEF JEAN and ROB THOMAS. The album will be Jagger's first solo effort since the RICK RUBIN-produced "Wandering Spirit" eight years ago. There is no official word yet on the Stones' next album.

08-02-01 11:12 AM
elegantly-wasted I would say that someone countering what I said by saying that Mick's album wouldn't be coming out on Virgin, because it was just merely "The Stones'" label, and that Mick would be coming out on Atlantic Records because the company had released his previous albums, was perhaps something other than merely a different "point of view." Especially if we are talking about actual facts...versus something that is just a matter of "opinion", as opposed to real, true information...Oh, well...
08-02-01 03:44 PM
rocky dijon Rob Thomas has stated he only has a songwriting credit (possibly two) and doesn't actually appear on the album. Any official news on this or anything else about the new CD?
08-02-01 10:02 PM
Ned Kelly everybody be cool now.

On June 16, 2001 the hit counter of the WET page was inserted here, it had 174,489 hits. Now the hit counter is for both the page and the board.
The hit counter of the ITW board had 1,127,645 hits when it was closed and the Coolboard didn't have hit counter but was on line only two months and a half.