ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
A Bigger Bang Tour 2006

The European leg is over - thanks a lot!
© Wenn Photos with special thanks to Gypsy!
[ ROCKSOFF.ORG ] [ IORR NEWS ] [ SETLISTS 1962-2006 ] [ FORO EN ESPAÑOL ] [ BIT TORRENT TRACKER ] [ BIT TORRENT HELP ] [ BIRTHDAY'S LIST ] [ MICK JAGGER ] [ KEITHFUCIUS ] [ CHARLIE WATTS ] [ RONNIE WOOD ] [ BRIAN JONES ] [ MICK TAYLOR ] [ BILL WYMAN ] [ IAN "STU" STEWART ] [ NICKY HOPKINS ] [ MERRY CLAYTON ] [ IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN ] [ LINKS ] [ PHOTOS ] [ JIMI HENDRIX ] [ TEMPLE ] [ GUESTBOOK ] [ ADMIN ]
CHAT ROOM aka The Fun HOUSE Rest rooms last days
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Todays Humiliating Header Pic Return to archive
1st September 2006 12:11 PM
Saint Sway Please remove it immediatly

we dont ever want to see a pic of Dork Leveall in his cheap Express shirt smiling like a douche and hamming it up with that greasy fat ass that looks like he's going to explode any day now like the girl in Willie Wonka

the 2 of them need to be taken out back and beaten to within a breath of their lives

PLEASE REPLACE IT WITH A PIC OF STU... ASAP
1st September 2006 01:45 PM
Saint Sway the fat asses bass is teel (sp?)

1st September 2006 01:47 PM
jb http://images.google.com/imgres?imgurl=http://library.thinkquest.org/03oct/00494/Floods/Images%25202/People%2520in%2520Flood.jpg&imgrefurl=http://library.thinkquest.org/03oct/00494/Floods/index.html&h=218&w=150&sz=17&hl=en&start=20&tbnid=H-yLFuJ_yU28yM:&tbnh=107&tbnw=74&prev=/images%3Fq%3Dpeople%2Bin%2Bfloods%26svnum%3D10%26hl%3Den%26lr%3D%26client%3Dfirefox-a%26rls%3Dorg.mozilla:en-US:official_s%26sa%3DG
1st September 2006 02:10 PM
Saint Sway this pic only belongs at www.darryljones.com or www.www.chuckleavell.com

and even there its still awful...

WTF???

just one day after Gazza gets his praise at RS.Com and Voodoo is hell bent to make a mockery of this place with ridiculous header pics....
1st September 2006 02:19 PM
jb http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pTqEW2em0u4
1st September 2006 02:38 PM
FotiniD I recommend reading Chuckie's online diary over at his site and see if you can make it without feeling sick - especially with the parts when HE's making the setlist and actually coming off like he's feeling it's his damn band.

Oh God.
1st September 2006 02:40 PM
Saint Sway
quote:
FotiniD wrote:
I recommend reading Chuckie's online diary over at his site and see if you can make it without feeling sick - especially with the parts when HE's making the setlist and actually coming off like he's feeling it's his damn band.

Oh God.

EXACTLY!!!!

please replace this header pic with one of Stu IMMEDIATELY!!!!!!
1st September 2006 04:06 PM
mrhipfl I like Darryl.
1st September 2006 04:41 PM
Lethargy
quote:
Saint Sway wrote:
Please remove it immediatly

we dont ever want to see a pic of Dork Leveall in his cheap Express shirt smiling like a douche and hamming it up with that greasy fat ass that looks like he's going to explode any day now like the girl in Willie Wonka

the 2 of them need to be taken out back and beaten to within a breath of their lives

PLEASE REPLACE IT WITH A PIC OF STU... ASAP

Chuck's shirt isn't as bad as what Mick has been wearing lately.
1st September 2006 04:45 PM
Honky Tonk Man
quote:
mrhipfl wrote:
I like Darryl.

I like Darryl too and I like his bass solo on Rain Fall Down. Actually, he doesn’t look THAT chubby close up in real life.

Blondie is the only sideman I consider to be a waste. I'm sure he's talented and all, but I don't see the point of having him standing there strumming an acoustic and shaking a tambourine and singing backing vocals, especially when you have Bernard Fowler and Lisa Fisher doing such a fine job.
1st September 2006 04:50 PM
Gazza
quote:
Honky Tonk Man wrote:
Blondie is the only sideman I consider to be a waste. I'm sure he's talented and all, but I don't see the point of having him standing there strumming an acoustic and shaking a tambourine and singing backing vocals,

I'll copy and paste a quote from our friend Stonestod/T&A over on IORR :

had a conversation with well-respected moderator * from another board in London that went something like this:

Moderator: "Blondie's playing half of Keith's parts these days."
StonesTod: "Who's playing the other half?"
Moderator: chortle

* The "well-respected" tag is the giveaway that it wasnt me.
1st September 2006 04:55 PM
Honky Tonk Man
quote:
Gazza wrote:
I'll copy and paste a quote from our friend Stonestod/T&A over on IORR :

had a conversation with well-respected moderator * from another board in London that went something like this:

Moderator: "Blondie's playing half of Keith's parts these days."
StonesTod: "Who's playing the other half?"
Moderator: chortle

The "well-respected" tag is the giveaway that it wasnt me.

Sorry Gazza. I'm a bit slow tonight. Whar exactly does "chortle" mean?
1st September 2006 05:07 PM
Gazza its basically with noises
1st September 2006 05:32 PM
mrhipfl He's got a point though. Neither Ron nor Keith play much rhythm guitar. They mostly play solos and fills.
1st September 2006 07:43 PM
lotsajizz
quote:
Honky Tonk Man wrote:

Blondie is the only sideman I consider to be a waste. I'm sure he's talented and all, but I don't see the point of having him standing there strumming an acoustic and shaking a tambourine and singing backing vocals, especially when you have Bernard Fowler and Lisa Fisher doing such a fine job.

Blondie rolls better doobs

1st September 2006 09:02 PM
Honky Tonk Man
quote:
mrhipfl wrote:
He's got a point though. Neither Ron nor Keith play much rhythm guitar. They mostly play solos and fills.

Agreed and it's especially Keith in regards to the fills. I think Ronnie is more solid with the rhythm work overall and I'm not talking about tunes like Brown Sugar where Keith plays the riff. It's funny though because there are moments when Keith really shows that he can play a decent rhythm. There’s that part in its Only Rock 'n' Roll with just him and his guitar and it's great. I just wish he'd the same with numbers like Bitch instead of letting the horns carry the tune.
1st September 2006 09:11 PM
VoodooChileInWOnderl For you pleasure, here's the pic

Millennium Stadium, Cardiff 29th August
© Paulywaul, thanks!
1st September 2006 10:49 PM
VoodooChileInWOnderl I think it's fair to give a header to the bass and keys behind the Stones since a long time ago, don't panic next will be in some months.

2nd September 2006 08:25 AM
Ten Thousand Motels
quote:
FotiniD wrote:
especially with the parts when HE's making the setlist and actually coming off like he's feeling it's his damn band.

LOL. Well ... if he's doing the work. Sure beats my job.

2nd September 2006 01:40 PM
Gazza Chuck deserves a lot of credit for trying to suggest things and make the setlists more interesting.

Mick and Keith simply dont want to know anymore. Keith's lack of interest this tour has been a huge disappointment as on all of the tours since Voodoo Lounge, HIS 2-song set has been the part of the show that was very flexible by comparison, plus he's always stated that if he had his way he'd change 5-6 songs around per night - but has deferred the final decision to Mick because HE has to be the frontman and sing them. On this tour he did the same 2 songs for some 25 straight shows at the start of the American tour and I cant remember the last time he did anything BUT "slipping away" and "make me run". They seem to have been there from before they went to South America in February. A lack of inspiration that is a shocking waste IMO, even if the performances of the songs I've seen this summer have been generally very good.

If it wasnt for Chuck, you'd probably be getting a 19-song edit of "40 Licks" every night. I doubt Mick would have even considered playing "Sway" on this tour if it wasnt for guys like Chuck suggesting it and letting him know its a fan favourite. Mick had probably forgotten he'd recorded it.
[Edited by Gazza]
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
The Rolling Stones World Tour 2005 Rolling Stones Bigger Bang Tour 2005 2006 Rolling Stones Forum - Rolling Stones Message Board - Mick Jagger - Keith Richards - Brian Jones - Charlie Watts - Ian Stewart - Stu - Bill Wyman - Mick Taylor - Ronnie Wood - Ron Wood - Rolling Stones 2005 Tour - Farewell Tour - Rolling Stones: Onstage World Tour A Bigger Bang US Tour

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED)