ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
A Bigger Bang Tour 2006

The European leg is over - thanks a lot!
© Wenn Photos with special thanks to Gypsy!
[ ROCKSOFF.ORG ] [ IORR NEWS ] [ SETLISTS 1962-2006 ] [ FORO EN ESPAÑOL ] [ BIT TORRENT TRACKER ] [ BIT TORRENT HELP ] [ BIRTHDAY'S LIST ] [ MICK JAGGER ] [ KEITHFUCIUS ] [ CHARLIE WATTS ] [ RONNIE WOOD ] [ BRIAN JONES ] [ MICK TAYLOR ] [ BILL WYMAN ] [ IAN "STU" STEWART ] [ NICKY HOPKINS ] [ MERRY CLAYTON ] [ IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN ] [ LINKS ] [ PHOTOS ] [ JIMI HENDRIX ] [ TEMPLE ] [ GUESTBOOK ] [ ADMIN ]
CHAT ROOM aka The Fun HOUSE Rest rooms last days
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: RIP Team USA Return to archive
1st September 2006 11:09 AM
jb Another embarrassing loss in the World Championships.......true humiliation.
1st September 2006 11:13 AM
gimmekeef
quote:
jb wrote:
Another embarrassing loss in the World Championships.......true humiliation.

No NBA refs to give em the edge....The Greeks gave it to them up the wahzoooooooo!
1st September 2006 11:15 AM
jb
quote:
gimmekeef wrote:

No NBA refs to give em the edge....The Greeks gave it to them up the wahzoooooooo!

We are clearly more talented than any team in the world...this is another wake up call and hopefully we will learn and bring home the Gold in the olympics...the referees, off course, cheated us, but we should still win by 40.
1st September 2006 11:17 AM
Jumacfly Greece is gonna win the tournament,they got the most solid and most impressive team, great defense and solidarity.
the "dream team" is gone guys, those were the days!!
[Edited by Jumacfly]
1st September 2006 11:21 AM
jb Hello Fly....the NBA is off course the most talented teams in the world...the European teams are very good at the "International" style(i.e. finesse) and 3-pointers. The Heat(Worls Champions) or any NBA team for that matter , would crush the Euros, but a group of NBA stars who only play together a month before the tournament, is not able to master the international style...anyway, this is not sour grapes, but I want to emphasizw we(USA) are still better.
1st September 2006 11:35 AM
Joey
quote:
jb wrote:

RIP KIM.
1st September 2006 11:43 AM
Jumacfly
quote:
jb wrote:
Hello Fly....the NBA is off course the most talented teams in the world...the European teams are very good at the "International" style(i.e. finesse) and 3-pointers. The Heat(Worls Champions) or any NBA team for that matter , would crush the Euros, but a group of NBA stars who only play together a month before the tournament, is not able to master the international style...anyway, this is not sour grapes, but I want to emphasizw we(USA) are still better.

I agree 100%
Any well trained, I mean regular NBA team would crush every team of the world for sure.
1st September 2006 11:44 AM
Taptrick
I think the true world championship for hockey is the NHL Stanley Cup. Basketball is the NBA Finals. American football is the Superbowl. Baseball is the World Series. Any world championship wanting to clearly have the best participate would need to have the most recent champion of these events in the tournment for it to truly be considered elite. This will probably never happen because The NBA, NFL, and NHL want the elite championship to take place within their own league. Interestingly, the Soviet Union used be allowed to enter their elite teams in the Olympics due to irrational rules. A "championship" will never truly be elite unless it has the world's elite teams participating.

1st September 2006 11:51 AM
jb
quote:
Jumacfly wrote:

I agree 100%
Any well trained, I mean regular NBA team would crush every team of the world for sure.

But congratulations to Greece as well as France for filling up the Stones show.
[Edited by jb]
1st September 2006 12:12 PM
sirmoonie Humiliationism.
1st September 2006 12:26 PM
jb
quote:
sirmoonie wrote:
Humiliationism.

This is worse than the basketball scene in "The Great Santinni".
1st September 2006 12:31 PM
sirmoonie
quote:
jb wrote:

This is worse than the basketball scene in "The Great Santinni".

Yes, we really needed a White Shadow performance, and instead got The Fish That Saved Pittsburgh.
1st September 2006 12:56 PM
Egbert
quote:
jb wrote:

The Jews in Hollywood are clearly to blame for this.
1st September 2006 12:57 PM
Jumping Jack Pussies!!!
1st September 2006 01:19 PM
gimmekeef LeBron..for Le Bronze!
1st September 2006 03:25 PM
Joey

Two hours until Pub Time
1st September 2006 03:33 PM
sirmoonie
quote:
Joey wrote:

Two hours until Pub Time

I'm drinking now.
1st September 2006 04:27 PM
Joey
quote:
sirmoonie wrote:

I'm drinking now.

He is a Great Man .
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
The Rolling Stones World Tour 2005 Rolling Stones Bigger Bang Tour 2005 2006 Rolling Stones Forum - Rolling Stones Message Board - Mick Jagger - Keith Richards - Brian Jones - Charlie Watts - Ian Stewart - Stu - Bill Wyman - Mick Taylor - Ronnie Wood - Ron Wood - Rolling Stones 2005 Tour - Farewell Tour - Rolling Stones: Onstage World Tour A Bigger Bang US Tour

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED)