ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
A Bigger Bang Tour 2006

The European leg is over - thanks a lot!
© Wenn Photos with special thanks to Gypsy!
[ ROCKSOFF.ORG ] [ IORR NEWS ] [ SETLISTS 1962-2006 ] [ FORO EN ESPAÑOL ] [ BIT TORRENT TRACKER ] [ BIT TORRENT HELP ] [ BIRTHDAY'S LIST ] [ MICK JAGGER ] [ KEITHFUCIUS ] [ CHARLIE WATTS ] [ RONNIE WOOD ] [ BRIAN JONES ] [ MICK TAYLOR ] [ BILL WYMAN ] [ IAN "STU" STEWART ] [ NICKY HOPKINS ] [ MERRY CLAYTON ] [ IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN ] [ LINKS ] [ PHOTOS ] [ JIMI HENDRIX ] [ TEMPLE ] [ GUESTBOOK ] [ ADMIN ]
CHAT ROOM aka The Fun HOUSE Rest rooms last days
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: USA TOUR Return to archive
1st September 2006 12:06 AM
fireontheplatter who is going and where.....????

i have great 1st row seats for giants stadium, ny and am very excited about them.....
1st September 2006 08:04 AM
NHStonesfan Just picked up 4 tickets in club seating in Foxboro on ebay, for 70 bucks each

My guess is that there will be great deals there on ebay in the next couple of weeks, I moved early than I expected to get 4 together
1st September 2006 10:41 AM
Joey
quote:
fireontheplatter wrote:
who is going and where.....????

i have great 1st row seats for giants stadium, ny and am very excited about them.....

Congratulations fireontheplatter ........

You can not beat 1st Row seats -- well done . However , I am a little bit curious though --- how much did you pay for the tickets ?!?!
1st September 2006 10:43 AM
stonestom There are some real splended deals for Chicago and other stadium shows. Better than ever using ticketmaster. However, for a show like Louisville that sold out so quickly ebay has most tickets way overpriced and many bidding wars. I can tell you from trying to buy 4 tickets on 2 sepearate occasions.
1st September 2006 11:20 AM
Joey
quote:
stonestom wrote:
However, for a show like Louisville that sold out so quickly ebay has most tickets way overpriced and many bidding wars. I can tell you from trying to buy 4 tickets on 2 sepearate occasions.

Ouch !
1st September 2006 11:41 AM
Saint Sway the Stone Pony show is going to be a bitch to get into and the special CBGB show is going to cost a fortune for anyone that wants to go.... but I hear it will be filmed
1st September 2006 11:43 AM
Joey
quote:
Saint Sway wrote:
the Stone Pony show is going to be a bitch to get into and the special CBGB show is going to cost a fortune for anyone that wants to go.... but I hear it will be filmed

I would like to nuzzle you .
1st September 2006 11:45 AM
jb Most stadium shows are not even 75% full as of now...a massive billboard campaign, similar to that in the UK, is needed to bring in the casual fans. This is looking really bleak.
1st September 2006 11:48 AM
Saint Sway
quote:
jb wrote:
Most stadium shows are not even 75% full as of now...a massive billboard campaign, similar to that in the UK, is needed to bring in the casual fans. This is looking really bleak.

a billboard campaign is the solution???

you've been drinking today from the flask you keep in your bottom drawer right?
1st September 2006 11:50 AM
jb
quote:
Saint Sway wrote:

a billboard campaign is the solution???

you've been drinking today from the flask you keep in your bottom drawer right?

It worked in the UK..I spoke to a very reliable source who said billboards were placed throughout London, and most shows were either full or close thereto....they need to do something as they are not going to play to 1/2 empties...
[Edited by jb]
1st September 2006 11:55 AM
Steel Wheels Once again, who gives a shit about ticket sales.

I scored a floor seat for Atlantic City. When I'm front row for B-stage, the last thing on my mind will be ticket sales.

Why is it of such concern?
1st September 2006 11:57 AM
jb
quote:
Steel Wheels wrote:
Once again, who gives a shit about ticket sales.

I scored a floor seat for Atlantic City. When I'm front row for B-stage, the last thing on my mind will be ticket sales.

Why is it of such concern?

Because it is.
1st September 2006 12:00 PM
Saint Sway I'll grant you that NO ONE in the US outside of this or another Stones dorksite has NO IDEA that the Stones are coming back to the US in a few weeks.... BUT.... a billboard campaign will not simply remedy these mungo undersold stadium shows.... what they need is a new gimmick - ala "No Security" - to come back with something fresh and announce a "NEW" Tour. Different concept, different staging, different songs, different gimmick... and THEN the fans will pack in!

Billboards do shit. A "new" type Stones tour will sell itself.

sadly, the well has run dry. And they are not inspired to come back and reinvent the tour with fresh ideas. It is "auto pilot" from here on out until they call it quits in Honolulu.... and the world can smell it.... SMU, IORR, HTW, JJF, BS, YCAGWYW, MU, SFTD, Satisfaction, BLAH....
1st September 2006 12:02 PM
jb
quote:
Saint Sway wrote:
I'll grant you that NO ONE in the US outside of this or another Stones dorksite has NO IDEA that the Stones are coming back to the US in a few weeks.... BUT.... a billboard campaign will not simply remedy these mungo undersold stadium shows.... what they need is a new gimmick - ala "No Security" - to come back with something fresh and announce a "NEW" Tour. Different concept, different staging, different songs, different gimmick... and THEN the fans will pack in!

sadly, the well has run dry. And they are not inspired to come back and reinvent the tour with fresh ideas. It is "auto pilot" from here on out until they call it quits in Honolulu.... and the world can smell it.... SMU, IORR, HTW, JJF, BS, YCAGWYW, MU, SFTD, Satisfaction, BLAH....

Agreed, but they will not sit back and do nothing....one or two shows don't mnatter, but the majority are way undersold. There will be something done!!! There must be something done!!!
1st September 2006 12:05 PM
Saint Sway
quote:
jb wrote:

Agreed, but they will not sit back and do nothing....one or two shows don't mnatter, but the majority are way undersold. There will be something done!!! There must be something done!!!

but... what has to be done is a new "gimmick"

they need a new twist. Something to hook Jow Blow Public on. Only Stones die hards are buying tix now and clearly theres no enough of us. They need to rope in the Forty Licks fans somehow with a new tour gimmick like "Underwater Seating" or something...
1st September 2006 12:09 PM
jb
quote:
Saint Sway wrote:

but... what has to be done is a new "gimmick"

they need a new twist. Something to hook Jow Blow Public on. Only Stones die hards are buying tix now and clearly theres no enough of us. They need to rope in the Forty Licks fans somehow with a new tour gimmick like "Underwater Seating" or something...

19 days or bust!!!
1st September 2006 12:11 PM
Saint Sway The tour is already a bust
1st September 2006 01:01 PM
stonestom I busted....
1st September 2006 02:19 PM
Steel Wheels I have a feeling if the Stones play better than they ever have in their history, this tour would still suck for some fans.

All I know is I'm gonna rock out in AC, which will be much easier since the show hasn't sold out. I'll have plenty of room to dance along with Mick!
1st September 2006 02:24 PM
Egbert
quote:
Saint Sway wrote:
I'll grant you that NO ONE in the US outside of this or another Stones dorksite has NO IDEA that the Stones are coming back to the US in a few weeks.... BUT.... a billboard campaign will not simply remedy these mungo undersold stadium shows.... what they need is a new gimmick - ala "No Security" - to come back with something fresh and announce a "NEW" Tour. Different concept, different staging, different songs, different gimmick... and THEN the fans will pack in!

It's TaylorTime!
1st September 2006 02:26 PM
Egbert
quote:
Egbert wrote:

It's TaylorTime!

Bill, too. The '72 STP still intact (well, alive at least).
1st September 2006 03:01 PM
Dan I get the idea even the die hards aren't that interested.

I might go to Dodger Stadium. It depends on how cheap I can get a ticket, who else is opening, how much money I spent on more important shows that month and if anything else is going on that night.

If anyone I know is going to Phoenix I would love to ride along, but the guy I went with in 03 is going to El Paso instead and I am already going to see Iron Maiden that weekend and some show the night before I can't even remember what.
1st September 2006 03:22 PM
Joey
quote:
jb wrote:

they are not going to play to 1/2 empties...

Why Not ?!

Lugar does .... !

{ CA - FRIGGIN - RACK }

Off the Facade Ronnie

JJJJJJJJJJJJJJACKY !
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
The Rolling Stones World Tour 2005 Rolling Stones Bigger Bang Tour 2005 2006 Rolling Stones Forum - Rolling Stones Message Board - Mick Jagger - Keith Richards - Brian Jones - Charlie Watts - Ian Stewart - Stu - Bill Wyman - Mick Taylor - Ronnie Wood - Ron Wood - Rolling Stones 2005 Tour - Farewell Tour - Rolling Stones: Onstage World Tour A Bigger Bang US Tour

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED)