ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
A Bigger Bang Tour 2006

The European leg is over - thanks a lot!
© Wenn Photos with special thanks to Gypsy!
[ ROCKSOFF.ORG ] [ IORR NEWS ] [ SETLISTS 1962-2006 ] [ FORO EN ESPAÑOL ] [ BIT TORRENT TRACKER ] [ BIT TORRENT HELP ] [ BIRTHDAY'S LIST ] [ MICK JAGGER ] [ KEITHFUCIUS ] [ CHARLIE WATTS ] [ RONNIE WOOD ] [ BRIAN JONES ] [ MICK TAYLOR ] [ BILL WYMAN ] [ IAN "STU" STEWART ] [ NICKY HOPKINS ] [ MERRY CLAYTON ] [ IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN ] [ LINKS ] [ PHOTOS ] [ JIMI HENDRIX ] [ TEMPLE ] [ GUESTBOOK ] [ ADMIN ]
CHAT ROOM aka The Fun HOUSE Rest rooms last days
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: PDog do you wear a turban when you work? Return to archive Page: 1 2
31st August 2006 01:25 PM
monkey_man Burns Says Terrorists Drive Taxis by Day

- By MATT GOURAS, Associated Press Writer
Thursday, August 31, 2006

(08-31) 07:00 PDT Belgrade, Mont. (AP) --

Republican Sen. Conrad Burns, whose recent comments have stirred controversy, says the United States is up against a faceless enemy of terrorists who "drive taxi cabs in the daytime and kill at night."

During a fundraiser Wednesday with first lady Laura Bush, the three-term Montana senator talked about terrorism, tax cuts and the money he has brought to his state. Burns is one of the more vulnerable Senate incumbents, facing a tough challenge from Democrat Jon Tester.

He has drawn criticism in recent weeks for calling his house painter a "nice little Guatemalan man" during a June speech. Burns, whose re-election campaign is pressing for tighter immigration controls, also suggested that the man might be an illegal immigrant. The campaign later said the worker is legal.

Burns, 71, also had to apologize after confronting members of a firefighting team at the Billings airport and telling them they had done a "piss-poor job," according to a state report. In July, the Hotshot crew had traveled 2,000 miles from Staunton, Va., to help dig fire lines for about a week around a 143-square-mile wildfire east of Billings.

At the campaign event with Bush, Burns talked about the war on terrorism, saying a "faceless enemy" of terrorists "drive taxi cabs in the daytime and kill at night."

Bush described Burns as a strong advocate for Montana farmers and families.

"In Washington, Senator Burns is a respected voice on the issues facing rural communities in Montana and across the nation," Bush told Burns supporters.

She also said Burns has been important in helping the president on key initiatives, such as tax cuts, and has supported the troops fighting in Iraq and the war on terror.
31st August 2006 01:28 PM
jb I basically agree with the article.
31st August 2006 01:29 PM
glencar Howe many Montanans wear turbans anyway?
31st August 2006 01:33 PM
monkey_man How many cabs are there in Montana???
31st August 2006 01:34 PM
glencar Burns is 71 & calling someone "a nice little Guatamalan" is a tad patronizing but let's hope Montanans vote on the issues. Where does his opponent stand on the issues?
31st August 2006 01:37 PM
jb
quote:
glencar wrote:
Burns is 71 & calling someone "a nice little Guatamalan" is a tad patronizing but let's hope Montanans vote on the issues. Where does his opponent stand on the issues?

We must ensure that we are kept safe and vote for only republicans, as they have a track record of keeping us safe. A democratic vivtory could lead to , goid forbid, another 9/11. Please folks, vote republican and vote often.
31st August 2006 01:43 PM
glencar Vote once. That's enough. DemocratUnderground is all in a fever over Burns's statement!
31st August 2006 01:47 PM
jb Bush had higher grades than both Kerry and Kennedy...he is extremely smart and again is being underestimated by the far left. A republican victory in Nov, and then again in 08, is the only way we can stay safe.....The leftirs woul dhave us cut and run-a clear sign of weakness in the Arab/Muslim world. We must continue to preemtively strike, and most importantly, nuke Iran before they nuke us.....
31st August 2006 02:06 PM
Jair
quote:
jb wrote:
I basically agree with the article.

Me too, me too!!!

I always thought that so civil pple like Americans NEVER would kill each other.

Also, in the movies, everytime I see I yellow cab driver, I think: "Hmmmmm, this guy is a fucking Al Qaeda terrorist".

I knew it! Told Ya!!! See???

When a man is right a man is right, what did I say to You???

31st August 2006 02:08 PM
jb You are a good man jair-I only wish I could come to Brazil and bang hot women at Carnival!!!
31st August 2006 02:18 PM
Jair
quote:
jb wrote:
You are a good man jair-I only wish I could come to Brazil and bang hot women at Carnival!!!

I know you're also a good man, JB, but...hey! WTF are you thinkin? That Brazilian women are a bunch of prostitutes ready to fuck with the first gringo that offer them a few cents???

Anyway, come, my friend. Mi casa, su casa. You're very wellcome!!!
31st August 2006 02:22 PM
jb
quote:
Jair wrote:

I know you're also a good man, JB, but...hey! WTF are you thinkin? That Brazilian women are a bunch of prostitutes ready to fuck with the first gringo that offer them a few cents???

Anyway, come, my friend. Mi casa, su casa. You're very wellcome!!!

Thank you, and me casa su casa .....are the prostitutes regularly checked for STD's?
31st August 2006 02:31 PM
Jair
quote:
jb wrote:

Thank you, and me casa su casa .....are the prostitutes regularly checked for STD's?

Well, I'd say a few, but they're not more sick than prostitutes from other parts/countries. I think in Italy the problem is bigger, and the prosts not so hots.

See? Leave your money here, our left government will thank you!!! Besides, Italy is ok, you know.

31st August 2006 03:58 PM
pdog I drive nights!
What a relief! I was about to turn myself in!
31st August 2006 04:02 PM
Jair
quote:
pdog wrote:
I drive nights!
What a relief! I was about to turn myself in!

No turning back.
You're in the list!
31st August 2006 04:26 PM
pdog
quote:
Jair wrote:

No turning back.
You're in the list!

I'm an army of one!
31st August 2006 05:11 PM
glencar Are you with us or against us?
31st August 2006 05:16 PM
Saint Sway Jair's posts are consistently the best.
31st August 2006 05:25 PM
Jair
quote:
Saint Sway wrote:
Jair's posts are consistently the best.

Thanks,Saint Sway my friend

Booooooooo, Glenny
31st August 2006 05:26 PM
glencar Jair, the 5th anniversary of 9-11 is coming up. If we don't stand fast against those bastards, we might as well all move to Brasil or some other 3rd world hellhole.
31st August 2006 05:26 PM
pdog
quote:
glencar wrote:
Are you with us or against us?

I'm for ME! Everyone else is fucked!
31st August 2006 05:27 PM
pdog
quote:
glencar wrote:
Jair, the 5th anniversary of 9-11 is coming up. If we don't stand fast against those bastards, we might as well all move to Brasil or some other 3rd world hellhole.

Our race won't make it another 100 to 200 years.
31st August 2006 05:28 PM
glencar I give uus another 50. Or less. It depends on if Iran/NK get the bomb.
31st August 2006 05:30 PM
pdog
quote:
glencar wrote:
I give uus another 50. Or less. It depends on if Iran/NK get the bomb.

We're going to have an astroid come closer than some of our satellits in 2029. If it was to hit us... BOOM! Game over!
31st August 2006 05:42 PM
Jair
quote:
glencar wrote:
Jair, the 5th anniversary of 9-11 is coming up. If we don't stand fast against those bastards, we might as well all move to Brasil or some other 3rd world hellhole.

It seems you have options of hells to choose

I agree they are bastards and I'm not against you, no at all - what doesn't mean that I am 100pct with you.

This sentence - "Are you with us or against us?" -- is a piece of work, a beautiful exercise of grammar and lie!

And, you know, Brazil is a hellhole today because it was stolen along the years by imperialists as the Americans & many European countries, among other reasons. Corrupt governments here and governments thieves in there. You know is ALL about money.

Btw: Brazil is falling: to me, here its fifth world now.
So, choose well, Glencar...

31st August 2006 05:45 PM
glencar LOL @ Jair. You know I'll visit there someday. I expect rock star treatment!
31st August 2006 05:47 PM
Jair
quote:
glencar wrote:
LOL @ Jair. You know I'll visit there someday. I expect rock star treatment!

You'll have, thats for sure!!!

31st August 2006 07:13 PM
Riffhard
quote:
glencar wrote:
DemocratUnderground is all in a fever over Burns's statement!

ROTFLMAO!!! That's great the wackjob Du'ers are bitching about this guy's statement about terrorists from within our own communities,huh? Gee,maybe those fucknuts at DU should ask the UK about their homegrown terrorists from 7/11/05!

I wonder if the mental midgits at DU raised hell about Biden's remarks about how only Indians work in 7/11s? Ya think they took Her Thighness,Hillary Clinton,to task over her rascist remarks about Gahndi?

Stupid fucking hypocritical assholes. How can anyone associate with such a bunch of delussional self rightous fuckheads like the DU'ers?!?!? They are such a joke,and the New Democrat Party is totally in lockstep with them! It's stunning really. If I were a Democrat I'd be very afraid of the direction of my party.

Riffy
31st August 2006 07:17 PM
Dan
quote:
glencar wrote:

Like Los Angeles?
31st August 2006 07:22 PM
mac_daddy
quote:
Dan wrote:

Like Los Angeles?

Page: 1 2
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
The Rolling Stones World Tour 2005 Rolling Stones Bigger Bang Tour 2005 2006 Rolling Stones Forum - Rolling Stones Message Board - Mick Jagger - Keith Richards - Brian Jones - Charlie Watts - Ian Stewart - Stu - Bill Wyman - Mick Taylor - Ronnie Wood - Ron Wood - Rolling Stones 2005 Tour - Farewell Tour - Rolling Stones: Onstage World Tour A Bigger Bang US Tour

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED)