ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
A Bigger Bang Tour 2006

The European leg is over - thanks a lot!
© Wenn Photos with special thanks to Gypsy!
[ ROCKSOFF.ORG ] [ IORR NEWS ] [ SETLISTS 1962-2006 ] [ FORO EN ESPAÑOL ] [ BIT TORRENT TRACKER ] [ BIT TORRENT HELP ] [ BIRTHDAY'S LIST ] [ MICK JAGGER ] [ KEITHFUCIUS ] [ CHARLIE WATTS ] [ RONNIE WOOD ] [ BRIAN JONES ] [ MICK TAYLOR ] [ BILL WYMAN ] [ IAN "STU" STEWART ] [ NICKY HOPKINS ] [ MERRY CLAYTON ] [ IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN ] [ LINKS ] [ PHOTOS ] [ JIMI HENDRIX ] [ TEMPLE ] [ GUESTBOOK ] [ ADMIN ]
CHAT ROOM aka The Fun HOUSE Rest rooms last days
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: RO Props on RS.com Return to archive Page: 1 2 3
30th August 2006 11:21 PM
GotToRollMe
quote:
SweetVirginia wrote:

Wouldn't it have been great if that RS video had ended
with Keith saying "Fuck you, Gazza, will ya?"

Now THAT's something to shoot for!
GREAT news! Kudos, Gazza!
31st August 2006 02:45 AM
FotiniD Haha, yeah I can see it in my head

Great job Gazza! Congratulations!

*sigh* Athens was going to be number 2000, wasn't it? Well, you can't always get what you want!
31st August 2006 04:45 AM
Gazza
quote:
pdog wrote:
It's good to be Gazza, No?

It's good to be anyone!
31st August 2006 04:46 AM
Gazza
quote:
SweetVirginia wrote:

Wouldn't it have been great if that RS video had ended
with Keith saying "Fuck you, Gazza, will ya?"

LOL..oh give it to this time next year. I'm sure by then someone will have pushed a microphone in his face and got him to say it..!
31st August 2006 10:11 AM
Ten Thousand Motels
quote:
FotiniD wrote:
Haha, yeah I can see it in my head

Great job Gazza! Congratulations!

*sigh* Athens was going to be number 2000, wasn't it? Well, you can't always get what you want!

I hope it pays off for you, Gazza. I got to admit though I've never understood obsessions with numbers.
31st August 2006 10:18 AM
Gazza Neither have I. LOL

Wouldnt say it's an 'obsession', to be honest. Just by accident when compiling the setlists page it appeared that they were close to 2,000 shows, so thought it worthy of comment. Simple as that.
31st August 2006 10:20 AM
jb Thanks so much Gazza...
31st August 2006 10:27 AM
Ten Thousand Motels
quote:
Gazza wrote:
Neither have I. LOL

Wouldnt say it's an 'obsession', to be honest. Just by accident when compiling the setlists page it appeared that they were close to 2,000 shows, so thought it worthy of comment. Simple as that.

Oh. I am mildly surprised that noone else caught it first though considering the proliferation of computers. I would have thought it had been predicted rather than caught almost the last minute. I hope you at least get a backstage pass out of it though. LOL.
31st August 2006 10:34 AM
Zeeta Good work Gazza to be honest they should give RO and you more credit...I see a knighthood?

Fuck you Sir Gazza will ya?
31st August 2006 10:34 AM
Gazza LOL..thanks...not that I'd be looking for or expecting stuff like that..! (edit - the backstage pass I meant. I'll take the knighthood, thanks)

well..the 2,000 thing is really a matter of interpretation as to how you define what is and what isnt a "concert". I dont count performances that are guest appearances for TV shows, so the Superbowl, MTV Awards and stuff like that are excluded - but stuff like the Juilliard press conference ARE counted - plus any of the untelevised NME Pollwinners shows in the 60's (some were broadcast, some werent). Its not exactly a definitive amount (and I had to use books like James Karnbach's to research the shows from the Brian Jones era), but using my own 'yardstick', it just worked out (quite appropriately) that Twickenham #2 seemed to be number 2,000.
[Edited by Gazza]
31st August 2006 10:44 AM
VoodooChileInWOnderl Fuck you very much!

OUCH!! Sorry Thank you very much for the info Sir Gazza, will ya?
31st August 2006 10:46 AM
Zeeta
quote:
Gazza wrote:
LOL..thanks...not that I'd be looking for or expecting stuff like that..! (edit - the backstage pass I meant. I'll take the knighthood, thanks)

well..the 2,000 thing is really a matter of interpretation as to how you define what is and what isnt a "concert". I dont count performances that are guest appearances for TV shows, so the Superbowl, MTV Awards and stuff like that are excluded - but stuff like the Juilliard press conference ARE counted - plus any of the untelevised NME Pollwinners shows in the 60's (some were broadcast, some werent). Its not exactly a definitive amount (and I had to use books like James Karnbach's to research the shows from the Brian Jones era), but using my own 'yardstick', it just worked out (quite appropriately) that Twickenham #2 seemed to be number 2,000.
[Edited by Gazza]

I dunno if I wanna know about your "Yardstick" but if it's a yard long then I'm impressed mate!LOL!

I think it's brilliant the 2000 thing. And of course it's even better for the Rolling Stones media machine as it creates good press for the Stones!

31st August 2006 10:53 AM
Ten Thousand Motels Thank God it's only Rock N' Roll.
31st August 2006 12:20 PM
PartyDoll MEG
quote:
Gazza wrote:
LOL..thanks...not that I'd be looking for or expecting stuff like that..! (edit - the backstage pass I meant. I'll take the knighthood, thanks)

[Edited by Gazza]

Since you are so good with your "yardstick," could you help me with a few numbers also? Like getting my finances in order after the beating they have taken from the Rolling Stones 2000 shows....

Good thing you are such a 'yardstick', oh I mean numbers man! You deserve these accolades!! You are much loved by us crazy RO people.. Fuck you Sir Gazza, will ya!!
31st August 2006 12:22 PM
jb Thanks again "G" man....you really have made a difference in the lives of many today.
31st August 2006 12:24 PM
glencar WHat about Jaxx?
31st August 2006 12:24 PM
glencar and voodoochildinwonderland?
31st August 2006 12:30 PM
pdog What about ME!
31st August 2006 12:31 PM
PartyDoll MEG Glenny...it's all about the love... Can ya feel it?

We love our Unholy Trinity.. Fuck em all, will ya? (oops that didn't sound right-lol)

31st August 2006 12:34 PM
jb Thankd Gazza for DIFTK's..........you are a man's man.
31st August 2006 12:37 PM
glencar
quote:
PartyDoll MEG wrote:
Glenny...it's all about the love... Can ya feel it?

We love our Unholy Trinity.. Fuck em all, will ya? (oops that didn't sound right-lol)

Where was that taken??
31st August 2006 12:38 PM
glencar
quote:
jb wrote:
Thankd Gazza for DIFTK's..........you are a man's man.

Careful, that's what they're calling Travolta!
31st August 2006 01:02 PM
SweetVirginia
quote:
Zeeta wrote:

I dunno if I wanna know about your "Yardstick" but if it's a yard long then I'm impressed mate!LOL!

I don't know about that. Did you see how droopy his palm tree is?

31st August 2006 01:18 PM
Saint Sway further proof that Gazza is Satan!!

31st August 2006 02:34 PM
Gazza
quote:
glencar wrote:
Where was that taken??

Hartford, Connecticut March 1999
31st August 2006 02:35 PM
jb American toilets, imo, have more flushing force than European toilets...
31st August 2006 02:39 PM
Gazza I could make a remark about it being the case because you're all more full of shit but I wont...LOL
31st August 2006 02:41 PM
jb
quote:
Gazza wrote:
I could make a remark about it being the case because you're all more full of shit but I wont...LOL

Please see my Springsteen e-mail.
31st August 2006 02:43 PM
Gazza Got it - arrived when I was at work. Will get back to you later
31st August 2006 03:31 PM
Saint Sway I am surprised that RS.com failed to mention that Pug successfully predicted that the Stones would play their 2000th show directly in between their 1,999th show and 2001st show

They have humiliated our resident Nostradamus.

I have withdrawn my RS membership because of this.
Page: 1 2 3
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
The Rolling Stones World Tour 2005 Rolling Stones Bigger Bang Tour 2005 2006 Rolling Stones Forum - Rolling Stones Message Board - Mick Jagger - Keith Richards - Brian Jones - Charlie Watts - Ian Stewart - Stu - Bill Wyman - Mick Taylor - Ronnie Wood - Ron Wood - Rolling Stones 2005 Tour - Farewell Tour - Rolling Stones: Onstage World Tour A Bigger Bang US Tour

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED)