ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
A Bigger Bang Tour 2006

The European leg is over - thanks a lot!
© Wenn Photos with special thanks to Gypsy!
[ ROCKSOFF.ORG ] [ IORR NEWS ] [ SETLISTS 1962-2006 ] [ FORO EN ESPAÑOL ] [ BIT TORRENT TRACKER ] [ BIT TORRENT HELP ] [ BIRTHDAY'S LIST ] [ MICK JAGGER ] [ KEITHFUCIUS ] [ CHARLIE WATTS ] [ RONNIE WOOD ] [ BRIAN JONES ] [ MICK TAYLOR ] [ BILL WYMAN ] [ IAN "STU" STEWART ] [ NICKY HOPKINS ] [ MERRY CLAYTON ] [ IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN ] [ LINKS ] [ PHOTOS ] [ JIMI HENDRIX ] [ TEMPLE ] [ GUESTBOOK ] [ ADMIN ]
CHAT ROOM aka The Fun HOUSE Rest rooms last days
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Don Valley Stadium, Sheffield, 27th August 2006 - Setlist. Photos and Reviews Return to archive Page: 1 2 3 4
28th August 2006 04:54 PM
GotToRollMe AWESOME photos!
28th August 2006 05:22 PM
Fabio Hot Stuff great photos!!! very amazing
hey Saint sway, what's wrong in Jagger's hat?
28th August 2006 05:30 PM
danielharris627 Just thought i'd tell ya - alice cooper is attending the cardiff gig tomorrow so look out!
28th August 2006 05:41 PM
Gazza RollingStonesUSA is heading for the airport as we speak!
28th August 2006 06:14 PM
Saint Sway
quote:
Fabio Hot Stuff wrote:

hey Saint sway, what's wrong in Jagger's hat?

Its a nice hat!

I believe Rodney said it comes with a free bowl of soup
28th August 2006 06:46 PM
tumbling dice
quote:
Madafaka wrote:
OMG! Those pix remains me Buenos Aires 2nd show

It´s true,Mick wears the same cap and hat there.Amazing show in BA!!
28th August 2006 10:15 PM
Soldatti They used the same wardrobe in Feb 23
Even Mick wore the same cap and hat!
29th August 2006 09:43 AM
Gazza Review: The Rolling Stones, A Bigger Bang, Don Valley Stadium, Sheffield
By Charles Hutchinson

Mick Jagger performing at Don Valley Stadium

SHOULD the Stones knock it on the head like Keith Richards in that unfortunate encounter with a tree?

Don't be daft. The "best pub band in the world" still defy all before them: the calcifying ravages of age and the fickle flicker of pop fashions; Keith's brain surgery; a dearth of Top Ten singles for two decades; even Keith flouting Glasgow's smoking ban last Friday in what passes for latter-day rock rebellion.

On Sunday, as if countering the Stones' shooting flames and fireworks that lit up the night with a bigger bang, Sheffield's industrial skies threw all they could at Sir Michael Jagger and his 35,000 subjects.

Here was unexpected extra drama, far removed from the sunshine glamour of playing Rio or Rome, as minions scurried for carpeting to make the stage safe. "They're doing the kitchen next," joked Jagger. Ever the dandy, he reached for a hat then another, so did Ronnie and dear Keef, whose peaked cap with a pirate motif winked knowingly at Johnny Depp's Captain Jack tribute.

continued...
Charlie Watts, the old father time of the drums, played on under a protective plastic shield, as the band were propelled forward on a mobile mini-stage to the heart of the audience in the furious rain.

This was a direct parallel with their only rival as the world's greatest stadium show band, U2, and it was the only occasion they were found wanting by not making more of the more intimate setting.

The ageless anthems and stadium style remain the same, with the familiar format of a couple of new numbers (Streets of Love surpassing the strutting rock of Rough Justice): a lesser known oldie (Sway); a ropey vocal interlude for Keef and the inevitable farewell of Satisfaction guaranteed as they still reign in the rain.

http://www.thisisyork.co.uk
29th August 2006 10:17 PM
VoodooChileInWOnderl Some pix by Moffitt with thanks to moy

30th August 2006 07:37 AM
glencar
quote:
PartyDoll MEG wrote:
Really don't know. Appears so...I will defer to Egon, the expert on all things ABB. He probably has several copies already. I didn't have time to look while in London, but I think Glencar was dispatched by Pdog to bring copies home.

It hasn't been released in the US. If you want it, PM me & I can easily make copies. Or you could get it at amazon for about $10 probably within a month.
30th August 2006 07:39 AM
glencar Gazza, what's "ropey"?
30th August 2006 07:44 AM
Gazza Ramshackle

Rough and ready

etc..
30th August 2006 07:48 AM
glencar
quote:
Gazza wrote:

I remember seeing all 5 UK shows in 1999, and Keith's 2 songs had more variety than Mick's 19!

Has he varied the 2 songs since January?

Now we know when to schedule drink/bathroom breaks.
31st August 2006 12:37 AM
sammy davis jr. God that stage still looks incredible. Thanks for the pics.
31st August 2006 02:57 AM
Bitch
quote:
VoodooChileInWOnderl wrote:
Hey Bitch

This is not the right cover for "Before They Make Me Run"

Sorry if this is a mistake! I had it saved as DANCE & BEFORE TMM RUN, thought it was right. There was a single with those songs on it!

Great reviews and beautiful pics! Amusing LMAO, the Spainish Inquisition red raincoats, LMAO!
31st August 2006 01:33 PM
glencar Yes, it's their current Brit single.
31st August 2006 07:59 PM
Gazza This pic is courtesy of Ron (tumblingdice01). Many thanks.

1st September 2006 01:36 PM
Saint Sway take a look at the pics Voodoo posted...

the 3rd tier of the above stage seats are empty!

they cant even fill their gimmick seats
1st September 2006 01:39 PM
Gazza
quote:
Saint Sway wrote:

the 3rd tier of the above stage seats are empty!

they always are! They only use two tiers!
1st September 2006 01:40 PM
Stray Cat UK They only have 2 tiers !
The 3rd is for lights/rigging etc.

The place was full.

sc uk
1st September 2006 01:42 PM
Saint Sway there were 2 or 3 empty seats right next to each other in section 215!!!
Page: 1 2 3 4
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
The Rolling Stones World Tour 2005 Rolling Stones Bigger Bang Tour 2005 2006 Rolling Stones Forum - Rolling Stones Message Board - Mick Jagger - Keith Richards - Brian Jones - Charlie Watts - Ian Stewart - Stu - Bill Wyman - Mick Taylor - Ronnie Wood - Ron Wood - Rolling Stones 2005 Tour - Farewell Tour - Rolling Stones: Onstage World Tour A Bigger Bang US Tour

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED)