ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
A Bigger Bang Tour 2006

The European leg is over - thanks a lot!
© Wenn Photos with special thanks to Gypsy!
[ ROCKSOFF.ORG ] [ IORR NEWS ] [ SETLISTS 1962-2006 ] [ FORO EN ESPAÑOL ] [ BIT TORRENT TRACKER ] [ BIT TORRENT HELP ] [ BIRTHDAY'S LIST ] [ MICK JAGGER ] [ KEITHFUCIUS ] [ CHARLIE WATTS ] [ RONNIE WOOD ] [ BRIAN JONES ] [ MICK TAYLOR ] [ BILL WYMAN ] [ IAN "STU" STEWART ] [ NICKY HOPKINS ] [ MERRY CLAYTON ] [ IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN ] [ LINKS ] [ PHOTOS ] [ JIMI HENDRIX ] [ TEMPLE ] [ GUESTBOOK ] [ ADMIN ]
CHAT ROOM aka The Fun HOUSE Rest rooms last days
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Don Valley Stadium, Sheffield, 27th August 2006 - Setlist. Photos and Reviews Return to archive Page: 1 2 3 4
27th August 2006 06:36 PM
PartyDoll MEG
quote:
charlotte wrote:
thanks meg---is this just a UK release??

Tracklisting / Additional Info: 1. Biggest Mistake
2. Dance (Part 1) - Live
3. Before They Make Me Run - Live

Really don't know. Appears so...I will defer to Egon, the expert on all things ABB. He probably has several copies already. I didn't have time to look while in London, but I think Glencar was dispatched by Pdog to bring copies home.
27th August 2006 07:59 PM
danielharris627 Bring on cardiff!
27th August 2006 07:59 PM
Stray Cat UK I just got back.
Great show despite the rain.

Mick was on superb form and they really played some spirited versions of familier numbers.Highlights for me;
SWAY !- go Ronnie !
JJF - Perfect.
BITCH - Keith nailed the solo
IORR(but I like carpet fitters !) FUNNY !
GOOMC
YCAGWYW. - Great guitars /crowd.

How long has Ronnie been playing the Gibson SG? Sounded fantastic with a lot "fatter" tone than the Strat.

Keith had a major spat with Ronnie during She's so Cold,when he stopped playing and walked over and shouted in Ron's face ! It was a bit of a trainwreck, guitar wise !

Keith wore his captains cap, but also an "EXPENSIVE WINOS" sweatshirt when the rain came.

I have to admit that Streets of Love is quite good live.

Got a text. for Flairville to say that my son was the last person on the big screen. He was up there 3 or 4 times during the show,but I didn't manage to capture it.

Hope they keep this up for Cardiff.

sc uk

27th August 2006 08:00 PM
Flairville Just got back! A great show, totally on par with Twickenham last Tuesday. Keith wore the Pirate golf hat when the rain started. During She's So Cold Keith asked Ronnie 'What the fuck are you doing?' I'm not sure why, but he definitely said it. Ronnie was great again on Sway and YCAGWYW. The downpour was even a treat, it wasn't cold it just freshened you up. Managed to get a pick too with the date on the reverse. I saw Straycat UK and Sessions Martin, all were in good form. Off to Cardiff tomorrow! Take care everyone!
27th August 2006 08:19 PM
SweetVirginia
quote:
charlotte wrote:
thanks meg---is this just a UK release??

It is a UK release, but I was able to order it on Amazon.com.uk and it was shipped here to NY.

27th August 2006 10:04 PM
Soldatti The new single debuted at #51 in UK charts, third single to chart in UK from ABB (SOL/RJ #15, RFD #33, BM #51).
http://uk.launch.yahoo.com/c/uk/single_charts.html
27th August 2006 10:23 PM
PartyDoll MEG
quote:
Soldatti wrote:
The new single debuted at #51 in UK charts, third single to chart in UK from ABB (SOL/RJ #15, RFD #33, BM #51).
http://uk.launch.yahoo.com/c/uk/single_charts.html

God, I was hoping you would chime in there Soldatti!! Thanks
27th August 2006 11:20 PM
Bitch
quote:
Gazza wrote:
Final confirmed setlist :

1. Jumpin' Jack Flash
2. Start Me Up
3. Shes So Cold
4. Lets Spend The Night Together
5. Sway
6. Streets Of Love
7. Bitch
8. Its Only Rock 'n' Roll
9. Tumbling Dice

10. Slipping Away
11. Before They Make Me Run

12. Miss You
13. Rough Justice
14. Get Off Of My Cloud
15. Honky Tonk Women
16. Sympathy For The Devil
17. Brown Sugar

18. You Cant Always Get What You Want
19. Satisfaction

Updates with thanks to Sir Jack Regan

Stadium Info : http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Don_Valley_Stadium

http://www.worldstadiums.com/stadium_pictures/europe/united_kingdom/england/yorkshire_humber/sheffield_don_valley.jpg

27th August 2006 11:31 PM
Altamont Excellent post, Bitch!
28th August 2006 12:34 AM
Soldatti
quote:
PartyDoll MEG wrote:
God, I was hoping you would chime in there Soldatti!! Thanks

LOL.
28th August 2006 03:26 AM
Jeep From Sheffield Today :

http://www.sheffieldtoday.net/ViewArticle2.aspx?SectionID=58&ArticleID=1724913

Satisfaction guaranteed as old 'uns refuse to fade away...
FOR more than 30 years they've been the world's greatest tribute band.

After a string of classic singles, the band reached its zenith with Beggars Banquet, Let It Bleed, Sticky Fingers and Exile On Main Street - volumes one to four of all you need to know about rock music, and a brilliant consistency even the Beatles couldn't claim to match.
Then the records went a bit pear-shaped and Mick developed a taste for prancing about in stadiums and tight clothes.
We've been there ever since.
They are still playing Sway, Sympathy For the Devil, Tumbling Dice and You Can't Always Get What You Want. However, they do it ever so well.
Top-price tickets were going for more than four times the £150 asking price but Stones gigs are big business for everyone.
After all, someone has to pay for the stage set, which is a cross between '60s tower block and Fritz Lang's Metropolis. There were bangs, fireworks and flames among the lights, walkways and giant screens.
They opened with Jumpin' Jack Flash and Jagger came out quicker than a boxer who needs to win in the first.
He's the ultimate entertainer who wrote the book on showmanship. It rained, heavy at times, but he wasn't put off, almost saying: 'You've paid your cash, you get the same 100 per cent.'
He knows his crowd and works it to the max: "Congratulations to the Blades on getting back into the Premiership," he notes.
Keith Richards seemed genuinely happy to be there. He's probably happy to be anywhere after a lifetime of using his body as a chemical laboratory.
This a man who didn't so much sell his soul to the Devil - he drank Lucifer under the table before kicking his satanic hide out the door.
Charlie Watts sat at the back in a perspex box, giving minimum effort for maximum reward. He's been the engine room for more than 40 years. Nothing flash, job done.
Ronnie Wood wove with Keith, trading guitar lines and swapping smiles as they avoided several near-miss collisions.
A section of the stage extended out into the middle of the crowd and they played Honky Tonk Woman with the rain bouncing off the floor.
But it all passed too quickly. Suddenly it was that riff, Mick's lack of satisfaction and they were gone, until next time.
28 August 2006
28th August 2006 05:44 AM
BillyBoll I agree with all thats been said by others at the show.

An awesome show despite the torrential rain.

Keith needs a little bit more practise on the intro to JJF though!
28th August 2006 06:55 AM
speedfreakjive
quote:
BillyBoll wrote:
I agree with all thats been said by others at the show.

An awesome show despite the torrential rain.

Keith needs a little bit more practise on the intro to JJF though!

funny that is! how many times has he done it live over the decades!?
28th August 2006 07:23 AM
JaggerLips Hi everyone!!!! Just got back home to Liverpool.
Now then my take on the concert!

I said to my sister that we will have a nice evening as there wasn't a cloud in the sky. Before the concert started there was a dark grey cloud that appeared looming over the stage as if to say 'I am gonna get you!'

I noticed the plastic cover over Charlie's drums and thought if it's gonna rain at least Charlie will be dry hahahah

Before this sounds like a take on last night's weather in Sheffield, uninteresting to say the least, let's crack on with the concert!

I loved every minute of it, I was in block B2 and so had a great view of the stage and could see everything, I was close enough to the stage theat when they decided to light a few fires on the top of the stage when they played Sympathy For The Devil I got very warm indeed, should have left it on to dry us off with the intermittent rain.

Loved Jagger, Richards, Watts and Wood! All were fantastic got a few surprises with Lets Spend the Night Together, Sway, Bitch and She's So Cold. Our boys battled on despite the rain, think it makes them play with more earnest!

Had to laugh at people closer to the stage than me who had blow up plam trees which Keef was laughing at, he's good Keef he can take a joke!

Loved the way they moved the stage out to the B Stage for a Miss You, Get Of of My Cloud and Rough Justice.

Couldn't fault the performance. Jagger was hilarious, mentioning that Charlie was ok he's got a plastic cover over him. When the rain got a bit much the set people coming out with carpets and stuff to what I assume was to protect the equipment or make the stage less slippy. Mick said that they are gonna do the kitchen next.

Really loved Before they Make Me Run and Slipping Away from Keef.

Let's Spend the Night Together and Miss You were highlights for me also because I haven't heard them live alongside Sway and Bitch and a few others.

Another year and a bit until my next encounter with the men who gather no moss.

28th August 2006 07:26 AM
speedfreakjive
quote:
JaggerLips wrote:
Hi everyone!!!! Just got back home to Liverpool.
Now then my take on the concert!

I said to my sister that we will have a nice evening as there wasn't a cloud in the sky. Before the concert started there was a dark grey cloud that appeared looming over the stage as if to say 'I am gonna get you!'

I noticed the plastic cover over Charlie's drums and thought if it's gonna rain at least Charlie will be dry hahahah

Before this sounds like a take on last night's weather in Sheffield, uninteresting to say the least, let's crack on with the concert!

I loved every minute of it, I was in block B2 and so had a great view of the stage and could see everything, I was close enough to the stage theat when they decided to light a few fires on the top of the stage when they played Sympathy For The Devil I got very warm indeed, should have left it on to dry us off with the intermittent rain.

Loved Jagger, Richards, Watts and Wood! All were fantastic got a few surprises with Lets Spend the Night Together, Sway, Bitch and She's So Cold. Our boys battled on despite the rain, think it makes them play with more earnest!

Had to laugh at people closer to the stage than me who had blow up plam trees which Keef was laughing at, he's good Keef he can take a joke!

Loved the way they moved the stage out to the B Stage for a Miss You, Get Of of My Cloud and Rough Justice.

Couldn't fault the performance. Jagger was hilarious, mentioning that Charlie was ok he's got a plastic cover over him. When the rain got a bit much the set people coming out with carpets and stuff to what I assume was to protect the equipment or make the stage less slippy. Mick said that they are gonna do the kitchen next.

Really loved Before they Make Me Run and Slipping Away from Keef.

Let's Spend the Night Together and Miss You were highlights for me also because I haven't heard them live alongside Sway and Bitch and a few others.

Another year and a bit until my next encounter with the men who gather no moss.

sounds like a good one!

28th August 2006 07:37 AM
VoodooChileInWOnderl Hey Bitch

This is not the right cover for "Before They Make Me Run"

28th August 2006 07:44 AM
Maxlugar [quote]Stray Cat UK wrote:

How long has Ronnie been playing the Gibson SG? Sounded fantastic with a lot "fatter" tone than the Strat.

I don't think I've even seen him play one. What songs did he use it on? Yes, this is a huge improvement on the Strat.
28th August 2006 07:48 AM
corgi37 That article from Sheffieldtoday was spot on.

They've been playing Sway so long, its such a warhorse.

They should drop it for Street Fighting Man or some thing rare like Night time.
28th August 2006 07:49 AM
speedfreakjive
quote:
corgi37 wrote:
That article from Sheffieldtoday was spot on.

They've been playing Sway so long, its such a warhorse.

They should drop it for Street Fighting Man or some thing rare like Night time.

agreed!
ive never undertood that decision for this tour
28th August 2006 10:07 AM
chloviva I can't understand how it is possible that Paint in Black is missing on the final list!! It was definitely the best song of the European tour
since Sympathy for the Devil was unfortunatly not a success, according to me (I was in Nice)
28th August 2006 10:20 AM
Sir Jack Regan Just got back home, and still on a high, it was a great gig, can't quite put my finger on what was so special about it, just one of those nights when everything clicks (not withstanding the usual f**k ups! )

Really good vibe about the band and they seemed in good spirits. Gutted I can't make Cardiff now, but the still angling for a trip to North America in the autumn, and the rumours for next summer seem promising.

Hats off to the organisers too, show finished about 10.15, and by 10.40 I was back in my hotel in Sheffield City Centre raiding the free bar! No huge queues or delays this time.

Don't know about anyone else, but when they came out on the b-stage to do miss you and I saw what Mick was wearing, all I could think of was..

"Nobody expects the spanish inquisition!"

(picture courtesy of Stones Sleaze on shidoobee)

[Edited by Sir Jack Regan]
28th August 2006 10:58 AM
Gazza LOL..superb photo, mate - and thanks again for the updates.

Everybody seems to have really enjoyed this show
28th August 2006 11:03 AM
JaggerLips
quote:
Sir Jack Regan wrote:
Just got back home, and still on a high, it was a great gig, can't quite put my finger on what was so special about it, just one of those nights when everything clicks (not withstanding the usual f**k ups! )

Really good vibe about the band and they seemed in good spirits. Gutted I can't make Cardiff now, but the still angling for a trip to North America in the autumn, and the rumours for next summer seem promising.

Hats off to the organisers too, show finished about 10.15, and by 10.40 I was back in my hotel in Sheffield City Centre raiding the free bar! No huge queues or delays this time.

Don't know about anyone else, but when they came out on the b-stage to do miss you and I saw what Mick was wearing, all I could think of was..

"Nobody expects the spanish inquisition!"

(picture courtesy of Stones Sleaze on shidoobee)

[Edited by Sir Jack Regan]

HAHAHAHA very funny, yeah was a special night, know what you mean about not being able to put your finger on it.
Saw Keith laughing at the blow up palm trees, got a sense of audience participation. We are all getting soaked but lets have fun in the process. Mick the ultimate professional got the wettest I think, not letting the rain dampen the electiric atmosphere.
28th August 2006 11:48 AM
GotToRollMe Great reviews and pics, everyone! It would appear the boys are on a roll! Keep on rolling, fellas!
28th August 2006 01:39 PM
Gazza And now some concert photos from Beast and Paulywaul :

28th August 2006 02:15 PM
Gazza a couple more from Pauly

28th August 2006 03:05 PM
Saint Sway oh Mick....
28th August 2006 04:08 PM
Madafaka OMG! Those pix remains me Buenos Aires 2nd show
28th August 2006 04:31 PM
luxury1 Damn, that man can wear a hat...
28th August 2006 04:43 PM
danielharris627 Sounds awesome guys!
I can't wait till cardiff tomorrow, my FIRST stones show!
Page: 1 2 3 4
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
The Rolling Stones World Tour 2005 Rolling Stones Bigger Bang Tour 2005 2006 Rolling Stones Forum - Rolling Stones Message Board - Mick Jagger - Keith Richards - Brian Jones - Charlie Watts - Ian Stewart - Stu - Bill Wyman - Mick Taylor - Ronnie Wood - Ron Wood - Rolling Stones 2005 Tour - Farewell Tour - Rolling Stones: Onstage World Tour A Bigger Bang US Tour

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED)