ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
A Bigger Bang Tour 2006

The European leg is over - thanks a lot!
© Wenn Photos with special thanks to Gypsy!
[ ROCKSOFF.ORG ] [ IORR NEWS ] [ SETLISTS 1962-2006 ] [ FORO EN ESPAÑOL ] [ BIT TORRENT TRACKER ] [ BIT TORRENT HELP ] [ BIRTHDAY'S LIST ] [ MICK JAGGER ] [ KEITHFUCIUS ] [ CHARLIE WATTS ] [ RONNIE WOOD ] [ BRIAN JONES ] [ MICK TAYLOR ] [ BILL WYMAN ] [ IAN "STU" STEWART ] [ NICKY HOPKINS ] [ MERRY CLAYTON ] [ IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN ] [ LINKS ] [ PHOTOS ] [ JIMI HENDRIX ] [ TEMPLE ] [ GUESTBOOK ] [ ADMIN ]
CHAT ROOM aka The Fun HOUSE Rest rooms last days
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Don Valley Stadium, Sheffield, 27th August 2006 - Setlist. Photos and Reviews Return to archive Page: 1 2 3 4
27th August 2006 04:07 PM
Gazza Intros

"Charlie 'wham bam boogie' Watts "

10. Slipping Away
27th August 2006 04:08 PM
Strange_Stray_Cat
quote:
Gazza wrote:

I did. Thanks. That was why taz asked people to go there if they wanted to see it. Jesus.

Ow my God, how stupid can someone be.
27th August 2006 04:15 PM
Gazza 11 Before They Make Me Run
27th August 2006 04:17 PM
Gazza 12 Miss You
27th August 2006 04:24 PM
Gazza 13 Rough Justice
27th August 2006 04:28 PM
Gazza 14 Get off of my cloud
15 Honky Tonk Women
27th August 2006 04:36 PM
RollingstonesUSA What happend to Infamy and This Place Is Empty....
27th August 2006 04:37 PM
Poplar
Good 1st half (the only place we ever see changes).
27th August 2006 04:38 PM
mrhipfl
quote:
RollingstonesUSA wrote:
What happend to Infamy and This Place Is Empty....

I think one of those should be in Keith's set as well.
27th August 2006 04:39 PM
PartyDoll MEG
quote:
RollingstonesUSA wrote:

I am convinced that Keith has a hard time "remembering" his songs and has to do the same ones over and over again ad nauseum. Although, he "shined" singing these 2 songs in London.
27th August 2006 04:40 PM
Gazza 16 Sympathy
17 Brown Sugar
27th August 2006 04:42 PM
Gazza
quote:
RollingstonesUSA wrote:

I remember seeing all 5 UK shows in 1999, and Keith's 2 songs had more variety than Mick's 19!

Has he varied the 2 songs since January?
27th August 2006 04:49 PM
Paranoid_Android I hope you guys get a real surprise closing..Like YCAGWYW or Satisfaction!!!
[Edited by Paranoid_Android]
27th August 2006 04:53 PM
Gazza you guessed right!

18 YCAGWYW
19 Satisfaction
27th August 2006 04:55 PM
Paranoid_Android
quote:
Gazza wrote:
you guessed right!

18 YCAGWYW
19 Satisfaction

More like an "educated guess" :>)
27th August 2006 04:56 PM
charlotte pretty clear ABB has been abandon...a shame IMO

maybe next time they will give themselves 3-4 months after a release of a new lp, so they will be ready to debut the new material live...
27th August 2006 04:58 PM
PartyDoll MEG
Thanks Gazza and Sir Jack!

Getting kinda melancholy here- only a few more European show to go!!

[Edited by PartyDoll MEG]
27th August 2006 04:58 PM
barking paul Thanks guys for calling and posting as it happens, and yes it does make a difference realtime against advance notice.
27th August 2006 04:59 PM
Paranoid_Android 2 new songs instead of the usual 3 is not really abondoning the new CD...I think its great that they pull out a seldom heard Sway or GOMC or Bitch...so much better than ONNYA
[Edited by Paranoid_Android]
27th August 2006 05:05 PM
Soldatti The new songs is this short setlists are a waste of space.
Bye bye ONNYA, RJ will follow it soon.
27th August 2006 05:09 PM
Gazza Sway has been played at 3 of the 4 UK shows so far - that, GOOMC and Bitch are not replacing a ABB song, but are being played instead of other older songs - which in itself is fine

Playing two songs off the album you're supposed to be touring behind isn't good, regardless of what way anyone looks at it.
[Edited by Gazza]
27th August 2006 05:10 PM
Gazza show's over. Fantastic show, despite the heavy rain says Flairville, who even got a pick.
27th August 2006 05:10 PM
charlotte yeah, guess you are right...after all it's called a "A Bigger Bang Tour"
27th August 2006 05:12 PM
PartyDoll MEG A new single out and they can't even play it in concert?!!!- Pure laziness in my estimation......
27th August 2006 05:13 PM
Bitch Fantastic!

Every song on the setlist tonight is comprised of of songs which were released as Singles, with the exception of Slippin Away (as far as I know it was not on a single). So the RS are playing the songs which were the top hits of the band. One way of being certain that the crowds are familiar with the material. Not that everyone buys singles anymore, but they used to be popular.
27th August 2006 05:18 PM
Gazza from Simon (Jack Regan) - "great show - one of the best I've seen this tour. Mick seemed really up for it tonight. The b-stage in the rain was awesome"
27th August 2006 05:20 PM
Gazza
quote:
Bitch wrote:
Fantastic!

Every song on the setlist tonight is comprised of of songs which were released as Singles, with the exception of Slippin Away (as far as I know it was not on a single). So the RS are playing the songs which were the top hits of the band. One way of being certain that the crowds are familiar with the material. Not that everyone buys singles anymore, but they used to be popular.

well, the Stones albums in their last couple of decades have sold more than their singles have. They havent been a 'singles' act since the mid 60's.
27th August 2006 05:52 PM
Paranoid_Android What's the new single?!?
27th August 2006 06:00 PM
PartyDoll MEG
quote:
Paranoid_Android wrote:
What's the new single?!?

Ahhh...Biggest Mistake?!!.. kinda goes with a Bigger Bang

http://eil.com/shop/moreinfo.asp?catalogid=365617
27th August 2006 06:09 PM
charlotte thanks meg---is this just a UK release??

Tracklisting / Additional Info: 1. Biggest Mistake
2. Dance (Part 1) - Live
3. Before They Make Me Run - Live
Page: 1 2 3 4
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
The Rolling Stones World Tour 2005 Rolling Stones Bigger Bang Tour 2005 2006 Rolling Stones Forum - Rolling Stones Message Board - Mick Jagger - Keith Richards - Brian Jones - Charlie Watts - Ian Stewart - Stu - Bill Wyman - Mick Taylor - Ronnie Wood - Ron Wood - Rolling Stones 2005 Tour - Farewell Tour - Rolling Stones: Onstage World Tour A Bigger Bang US Tour

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED)