ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
A Bigger Bang Tour 2006

The European leg is over - thanks a lot!
© Wenn Photos with special thanks to Gypsy!
[ ROCKSOFF.ORG ] [ IORR NEWS ] [ SETLISTS 1962-2006 ] [ FORO EN ESPAÑOL ] [ BIT TORRENT TRACKER ] [ BIT TORRENT HELP ] [ BIRTHDAY'S LIST ] [ MICK JAGGER ] [ KEITHFUCIUS ] [ CHARLIE WATTS ] [ RONNIE WOOD ] [ BRIAN JONES ] [ MICK TAYLOR ] [ BILL WYMAN ] [ IAN "STU" STEWART ] [ NICKY HOPKINS ] [ MERRY CLAYTON ] [ IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN ] [ LINKS ] [ PHOTOS ] [ JIMI HENDRIX ] [ TEMPLE ] [ GUESTBOOK ] [ ADMIN ]
CHAT ROOM aka The Fun HOUSE Rest rooms last days
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Who's going to Twickenham and the Cabbage Patch (London "summit" thread) Return to archive Page: 1 2 3 4
23rd August 2006 10:11 PM
glencar
quote:
stewed & Keefed wrote:
Just got back from London.
Great Show.
Rocks Off members I met at the Cabbage Patch.

Honky Tonk Man
Gazza
PartyDoll MEG
Bitch
flairville
StrayCatUK
Voodoo Scrounge
T&A

but sadly no glencar

[Edited by stewed & Keefed]

I'm so sorry. I was with some Irish friends & we made a wrong turn & missed out on the Cabbage Patch. I'd been there last time around (yes, I was on Richard Porter's very good bus tour) but I still couldn't get my way right. I'm exhausted as I had to work after getting back home this afternoon. I barely made my flight & now I must catch up on sleep.

I did end up amking both shows & I haven't seen others' posts yet but the second show rocked whilst the 1st show was the worst I ever saw. Still an OK show but I did have that "Omaha" feeling. {{shudder}} I will sleep for about 15 hours but I am off for the next 2 days & will post & read more. I did meet some folks but I also partook of some of London's other pleasures. 6 days is too short!
23rd August 2006 10:35 PM
Gazza typical. Blame it on the Irish......
23rd August 2006 10:43 PM
glencar LOL I'm not blaming them for that but boyo, work was tough tonight! I literally had trouble keeping my eyes open. For that I blame the damned airline!
24th August 2006 08:25 PM
PartyDoll MEG A couple of Photos from Sunday's Cabbage Patch get together.

"Where is everybody?"

Gazza,Honky Tonk Man, Rogerriffin

Gazza, PartyDoll MEG, Stonesdoug

Bitch gives Gazza RO Banner. Ireland Calling beside Bitch. Notice numerous empty glasses

[Edited by PartyDoll MEG]
24th August 2006 08:33 PM
PartyDoll MEG Some pictures from Cabbage Patch on Tuesday:

StrayCatUK, Bitch, Stewed and Keefed, PartyDoll MEG,and Gazza

StrayCatUK, Flairville, Meg, and Gazza

StrayCatUK, Flairville, OldKR, Stonesdoug, Gazza, Rockman, friends Tony and Derek

24th August 2006 08:56 PM
PartyDoll MEG A few more great Stones fans that I had the pleasure of meeting and hope to see again

Rockman, Gazza, Adrian L, T&A(Stones Tod). Gazza was never without a pint.....or 2!!!

At Paul's(IORR) home prior to show. The unveiling of Conversation Pieces. Paulywaul(IORR), Meg, and Gazza

25th August 2006 06:32 AM
stewed & Keefed Great pics MEG Thank You. It was really great to meet you.

Steve
25th August 2006 07:36 AM
VoodooChileInWOnderl Muy buenas fotos!

Great to see some "new" faces of well known regulars
25th August 2006 07:57 AM
Honky Tonk Man Thanks for posting MEG!
25th August 2006 08:23 AM
Stray Cat UK Thanks for posting Meg.

Great to meet all. Maybe again next year at Wembley ? (!)

sc uk
25th August 2006 08:29 AM
stewed & Keefed
quote:
Stray Cat UK wrote:
Thanks for posting Meg.

Great to meet all. Maybe again next year at Wembley ? (!)

sc uk

yeah great to meet you too.I think Wembley could be happening
25th August 2006 08:34 AM
PartyDoll MEG Enjoyed meeting all of you. Wish I could have had more time on Tuesday to share the conversation/pints with you all. With luck (and a cash windfall for me), we can all do it again next year!!!!
25th August 2006 08:45 AM
Madafaka Nice shots!
25th August 2006 08:46 AM
charlotte thanks Meg!!!!!

25th August 2006 10:32 AM
GotToRollMe Great shots, thanks Meg!
25th August 2006 05:48 PM
Back Street Girl Thanks Meg!
25th August 2006 07:43 PM
Honky Tonk Man Maybe I'm a little slow here, but I've just realised that IF the Stones play London next year and presuming Wembley will be finished in time, there won't be any more Cabbage Patch pre-gig summits. It's something we're going to have to get used to because the last four have taken place there!
27th August 2006 03:03 PM
Factory Girl Thanks, Party Doll Meg for the great pix!!

I wish I was there!
27th August 2006 03:07 PM
Gazza so did we!
27th August 2006 03:27 PM
PartyDoll MEG
quote:
Factory Girl wrote:
Thanks, Party Doll Meg for the great pix!!

I wish I was there!

Sorry you couldn't make it FG!
It was great fun meeting the crazy Stones fans from RO!!
27th August 2006 07:20 PM
WhenTheWhipComesDown Excellent pictures! I kinda noticed that Stewed and Keefed sorta looks like
Charlie!?
28th August 2006 12:45 AM
Bitch Thanks for the excellent tickets from the ROCKS OFF gang! You guys are so much fun, I was LMFAO at the Cabbage Patch, that was great! For me, seeing the STONES in the UK was a dream come true, and it was the week of a lifetime! Fantastic people in London, I met some of the finest Stones people in the world. Way up there! The Cabbage Patch was packed, the place was jumpin with Stones energy! At Twickers, The ROLLING STONES kicked royal rock and roll ass all the way through each evening! Both shows were outrageous, the stadium was jumpin', the sound was loud and the music just radiated thru the crowd. We were singing, clapping, yelling, dancing, and smiling! Nobody was crying, except during Streets of Love, emotions were running wild! SOL was done very nicely,I loved the ending which was extended and it rocked! MICK is still breakin' hearts, and it's really amazing to see the RS perform so well. I was thrilled with SWAY, RAMBLER, GOM CLOUD, LIVE WITH ME, RAIN FALL DOWN, SHE'S SO COLD, BITCH, PAINT IT BLACK! The STONES PLAYED my all time favorite song BITCH IN LONDON! I was so fucking happy I was jumping up and down, a total maniac, it was a STONES dream came true for me! If I could capture one moment in my lifetime, I would say it doesn't get any better than that! To the top! The RS took me to the top, baby!
28th August 2006 03:09 AM
speedfreakjive
quote:
Bitch wrote:
Thanks for the excellent tickets from the ROCKS OFF gang! You guys are so much fun, I was LMFAO at the Cabbage Patch, that was great! For me, seeing the STONES in the UK was a dream come true, and it was the week of a lifetime! Fantastic people in London, I met some of the finest Stones people in the world. Way up there! The Cabbage Patch was packed, the place was jumpin with Stones energy! At Twickers, The ROLLING STONES kicked royal rock and roll ass all the way through each evening! Both shows were outrageous, the stadium was jumpin', the sound was loud and the music just radiated thru the crowd. We were singing, clapping, yelling, dancing, and smiling! Nobody was crying, except during Streets of Love, emotions were running wild! SOL was done very nicely,I loved the ending which was extended and it rocked! MICK is still breakin' hearts, and it's really amazing to see the RS perform so well. I was thrilled with SWAY, RAMBLER, GOM CLOUD, LIVE WITH ME, RAIN FALL DOWN, SHE'S SO COLD, BITCH, PAINT IT BLACK! The STONES PLAYED my all time favorite song BITCH IN LONDON! I was so fucking happy I was jumping up and down, a total maniac, it was a STONES dream came true for me! If I could capture one moment in my lifetime, I would say it doesn't get any better than that! To the top! The RS took me to the top, baby!

Hi Bitch(Ellen!), I tried to get to the Cabbage Patch with Zeeta, but we messed up badly cos we didn't think to see where it was in relation to the stadium beforehand; hence we went to the stadium thinking it was near there, and by the time we realised it was back near the train station it was nearly show time ; but I managed to sell the tickets anyway to a tout for a greatly reduced price!!

Did your friends get tickets in the end?
[Edited by speedfreakjive]
[Edited by speedfreakjive]
28th August 2006 10:08 AM
Gazza
quote:
Bitch wrote:
Thanks for the excellent tickets from the ROCKS OFF gang! You guys are so much fun, I was LMFAO at the Cabbage Patch, that was great!

glad to hear the tickets were OK..it was great to see you, and thanks for coming over
30th August 2006 12:32 PM
Honky Tonk Man It was an absoloute pleasure to meet you Ellen

Thats Bitch, for those who don't know!
31st August 2006 08:38 AM
Bitch
quote:
Honky Tonk Man wrote:
It was an absoloute pleasure to meet you Ellen

Thats Bitch, for those who don't know!

Thanks! It was great sitting next to you at Twickers 2!

31st August 2006 09:00 AM
jb Attendance?
2nd September 2006 10:05 AM
Back Street Girl
quote:
jb wrote:
Attendance?

99.9% full
[Edited by Back Street Girl]
Page: 1 2 3 4
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
The Rolling Stones World Tour 2005 Rolling Stones Bigger Bang Tour 2005 2006 Rolling Stones Forum - Rolling Stones Message Board - Mick Jagger - Keith Richards - Brian Jones - Charlie Watts - Ian Stewart - Stu - Bill Wyman - Mick Taylor - Ronnie Wood - Ron Wood - Rolling Stones 2005 Tour - Farewell Tour - Rolling Stones: Onstage World Tour A Bigger Bang US Tour

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED)