ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
A Bigger Bang Tour 2006

The European leg is over - thanks a lot!
© Wenn Photos with special thanks to Gypsy!
[ ROCKSOFF.ORG ] [ IORR NEWS ] [ SETLISTS 1962-2006 ] [ FORO EN ESPAÑOL ] [ BIT TORRENT TRACKER ] [ BIT TORRENT HELP ] [ BIRTHDAY'S LIST ] [ MICK JAGGER ] [ KEITHFUCIUS ] [ CHARLIE WATTS ] [ RONNIE WOOD ] [ BRIAN JONES ] [ MICK TAYLOR ] [ BILL WYMAN ] [ IAN "STU" STEWART ] [ NICKY HOPKINS ] [ MERRY CLAYTON ] [ IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN ] [ LINKS ] [ PHOTOS ] [ JIMI HENDRIX ] [ TEMPLE ] [ GUESTBOOK ] [ ADMIN ]
CHAT ROOM aka The Fun HOUSE Rest rooms last days
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Who's going to Twickenham and the Cabbage Patch (London "summit" thread) Return to archive Page: 1 2 3 4
12th August 2006 02:40 PM
stewed & Keefed speedfreakjive (20)
Zeeta (20)
PartyDoll MEG (20-22)
Gazza (20-22)
Honky Tonk Man (20-22)
Stewed & Keefed (22)
Stoneman
glencar (22)
rogerriffin (20)
Bitch (20-22)
roadster32 (20-22)
Stonesdoug (20-22)
Back Street Girl (20)
flairville (20-22)
StrayCatUK (22)
Sessionsmartin (20-22)
oldkr (20-22)
Jacques (22)
BillyBoll (20)
mickijaggeroo (20-22)
Doxa (22)

[Edited by stewed & Keefed]
[Edited by stewed & Keefed]
12th August 2006 05:07 PM
stoneman Add Team Stoneman
12th August 2006 05:19 PM
Gazza cool..where you coming from, sir?

(that avatar always cracks me up, by the way..)
12th August 2006 07:57 PM
glencar If it's the same one who pots at shidobeeeeeeeeeeee, he's from Kentucky. I will be at Cabbage Patch for sure on Tuesday...
13th August 2006 04:41 AM
stewed & Keefed
quote:
glencar wrote:
I will be at Cabbage Patch for sure on Tuesday...

Great see you there.
13th August 2006 04:57 AM
rogerriffin Now i'm here in London!!! Very cool!!!

Yesterday i saw Madonna in Wembley Arena, now i'm waiting to get my Rocksoff in August 20!!!

Anyone right now in London???
13th August 2006 09:24 AM
Bitch I'll be in for both shows. Here's my pic so try to find me in the crowd. If any of the rest of you can post a pic that will be cute! I'll be pleased to meet you!

OK I changed the pic here to be my necklace that I'll be wearing. It's called The Silver Tongue and it is originally from Germany and has been around for a long while. Anyway, I'll be wearing it so that's how you can recognise me.
[Edited by Bitch]
13th August 2006 01:51 PM
roadster32 <----
13th August 2006 02:35 PM
Stonesdoug See you all there---Gazza I'll have my codpiece on.....
13th August 2006 02:40 PM
pdog Pretty faces and cool tats... That's a very cool tat bitch!
I hope everyone has a great time!
13th August 2006 03:57 PM
Back Street Girl I will be at both on the 20th.
13th August 2006 05:19 PM
Bitch Thanks for pointing out yout tatoo Roadster, is it on your arm?

How about some pics from the rest of you people, don't be shy now!
13th August 2006 05:48 PM
Honky Tonk Man I'll be there on both occasions. What time is everyone planning on getting there? I'm SO looking forward to waiting an hour to get a drink!
13th August 2006 07:36 PM
stewed & Keefed Gazza could you make this a sticky please.
13th August 2006 07:37 PM
LadyJane This looks to be a GREAT time.

Okay your turn....WE WANT PICS!!!!!!!!!!!!

And stories!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Have a wonderful time everyone.

LJ.
13th August 2006 07:44 PM
Gazza
quote:
stewed & Keefed wrote:
Gazza could you make this a sticky please.

done!
13th August 2006 07:45 PM
Gazza
quote:
Honky Tonk Man wrote:
I'll be there on both occasions. What time is everyone planning on getting there?

opening time!

seriously - probably around lunchtime or just after.
[Edited by Gazza]
13th August 2006 08:00 PM
stewed & Keefed
quote:
stewed & Keefed wrote:
Gazza could you make this a sticky please.

done!

Cheers Mate.
13th August 2006 08:05 PM
Gazza
quote:
LadyJane wrote:
This looks to be a GREAT time.

And stories!!!!!!!!!!!!!

we're drawing straws to decide who will be the one to spend the evening in a bar across the street!

[Edited by Gazza]
13th August 2006 08:07 PM
Gazza
quote:
Stonesdoug wrote:
See you all there---Gazza I'll have my codpiece on.....

Do your worst!
14th August 2006 12:14 AM
PartyDoll MEG
quote:
LadyJane wrote:
This looks to be a GREAT time.

And stories!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Have a wonderful time everyone.

LJ.

Doubt anyone has a special "phone" like Egon, and mine won't work across the waters. You'll have to WAIT for mine to be developed, Sistah!!
14th August 2006 07:08 AM
Jacques I will attend Twickenham on 22nd. I would be happy to meet again Gazza, meet Stonedoug, Sessionsmartin SSCUK and all other friends
Jacques
[Edited by Jacques]
14th August 2006 08:36 AM
stewed & Keefed
quote:
Jacques wrote:
I will attend Twickenham on 22nd. I would be happy to meet again Gazza, meet Stonedoug, Sessionsmartin SSCUK and all other friends
Jacques
[Edited by Jacques]

See you there.
14th August 2006 09:09 AM
Sohomusic Monday August 21st sees Stones.Con - The Rolling Stones Fan Convention at the Bonnington Hotel, Southampton Row, London WC1. On sale will be a huge selection of Stones records, CDs, memorabilia, posters and ephemera from the worlds leading Stones dealers. Also witness the Ali Zayeri Stones museum and the Philip Townsend Stones photo archive live at the show. Opens at 10 am and promises to be a Bigger Bash!

How to get to the Bonnington Hotel, Southampton Row, London WC1:
The nearest tube stations are : Russel Square (Piccadilly line) and Holborn (Piccadilly line).
The nearest mainline station is Euston - come out of the station, walk straight ahead across Euston Road and you'll walk directly into Southampton Row - The Bonnington is approx ten minutes on your left.
The no. 91, 59, 68, 168 and 188 busses go past the hotel.
The hotel is very close to Oxford Street and Tottenham Court Road - From Oxford Street turn left into Tottenham Court Rd and first right into Great Russell Street, walk straight for ten minutes and you'll come to Southampton Row and the Bonnington Hotel is straight in front of you.
Refreshments and food are available at the hotel with many resteraunts and pubs close by.
As well as a myriad selection of Rolling Stones items available there will also be a great selection of other 60s and 70s records, CDs, posters and ephemera!
Bring along your memorabillia and rarities to be valued free of charge
14th August 2006 10:02 AM
Gazza For those of you flying into London this weekend, it appears the restrictions on hand baggage are being lifted as the threat has been downgraded :

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/uk/4789169.stm
http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/uk/4789593.stm

Comforting to know that a terror threat is now merely "highly likely" but not "imminent" !!!
14th August 2006 05:26 PM
Gazza How to find the Cabbage Patch :

Address : 57 London Road, Twickenham, TW1 3SZ

Nearest rail station : Twickenham (0.2 miles away), St Margaret's (0.7 miles), strawberry Hill (0.8 miles)

(note for tourists, these are not Tube (Underground) station but national rail stations (logo : .
The nearest Tube station if youre coming from London is Richmond (District Line). Last time there were courtesy buses provided outside the station to ferry fans to Twickenham, which is about a ten minute journey away.

(Incidentally, if youre in Richmond, at the corner of Kew Road opposite the rail station, theres a pub which is now called "Edward's". This is the site of the Station Hotel, where the Stones played many times at the Crawdaddy Club in 1962-64. There was a plaque commemorating it placed over the door a few years ago, but I believe that when the pub changed hands, it was removed. Bastards. By all accounts its a Chav-populated shithole thats best avoided anyway )

[Edited by Gazza]
14th August 2006 05:31 PM
glencar Thanks for the helpful info Gazza. BTW What hotel will you be at? I'll be at the St Giles...
14th August 2006 06:04 PM
Gazza I'm staying outside of London - in Kingston. I probably wont get into London too much during my trip. Have some friends to visit during one of the "non show" days.
15th August 2006 01:41 PM
Honky Tonk Man I dread to think what it's going to be like if it rains! It was busy both inside the pub and in the beer garden last time, so I guess we'll all have to breath in extra tight if the worst comes to the worst!
15th August 2006 02:44 PM
PartyDoll MEG
quote:
Honky Tonk Man wrote:
I dread to think what it's going to be like if it rains! It was busy both inside the pub and in the beer garden last time, so I guess we'll all have to breath in extra tight if the worst comes to the worst!

Think positive thoughts...It's gonna be fun
Page: 1 2 3 4
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
The Rolling Stones World Tour 2005 Rolling Stones Bigger Bang Tour 2005 2006 Rolling Stones Forum - Rolling Stones Message Board - Mick Jagger - Keith Richards - Brian Jones - Charlie Watts - Ian Stewart - Stu - Bill Wyman - Mick Taylor - Ronnie Wood - Ron Wood - Rolling Stones 2005 Tour - Farewell Tour - Rolling Stones: Onstage World Tour A Bigger Bang US Tour

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED)