ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
A Bigger Bang World Tour 2005 - 2006
Wishlist my ass, let's play the same!! Fuck the fans
© 2005 Frank Micelotta and Voodoo Chile In Wonderland with thanks to Gypsy!
[ ROCKSOFF.ORG ] [ IORR NEWS ] [ SETLISTS 1962-2005 ] [ FORO EN ESPAÑOL ] [ BIT TORRENT TRACKER ] [ BIRTHDAY'S LIST ] [ MICK JAGGER ] [ KEITHFUCIUS ] [ CHARLIE WATTS ] [ RONNIE WOOD ] [ BRIAN JONES ] [ MICK TAYLOR ] [ BILL WYMAN ] [ IAN "STU" STEWART ] [ NICKY HOPKINS ] [ MERRY CLAYTON ] [ IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN ] [ LINKS ] [ PHOTOS ] [ JIMI HENDRIX ] [ TEMPLE ] [ GUESTBOOK ] [ ADMIN ]
CHAT ROOM aka The Fun HOUSE Rest rooms last days
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Ahem............................. Return to archive
September 2nd, 2005 10:33 AM
Gazza from various syndicated wire stories today...

Pirates put new Stones album on internet Sep 2 2005

The Rolling Stones’ new album has been illegally posted on the internet a week before its official release, it emerged today.

A Bigger Bang, their first studio album in eight years, is available to download from several websites.

The album is due for release on Monday but the illegal downloads could cost the band millions in record sales.

The Rolling Stones join Oasis, U2 and Eminem on a list of artists who have fallen victim to internet piracy.

A spokesperson for the Stones’ record company EMI told The Times: “The first low-quality files of new Rolling Stones music were found illegally posted on Monday, the same day we began making the new album available for consumers to listen to via radio and streaming.

“It is actually a major achievement to keep an album secure until this close to the commercial release date.”

Piracy has been blamed for a fall in music sales and recent research by the British Phonographic Institute revealed more than seven million Britons admitted to downloading music illegally.

September 2nd, 2005 10:37 AM
Lazy Bones Arr Matie!
September 2nd, 2005 10:39 AM
egon the bastards.

so... where's that link to the file?
September 2nd, 2005 10:42 AM
Jumacfly I ve DL it and looking forward to monday to buy it...Egon : Fnac has confirmed it will be ok for monday!
September 2nd, 2005 10:45 AM
egon so i'll just listen to live lick then this weekend
September 2nd, 2005 10:51 AM
Nasty Habits The bad boys of Rolling Stones message boards are we!

Really, though, anyone who stops at the download I may or may not have heard would be missing out. If I would have been listening to it in my car yesterday I would have had to take it off because it would have been too inhibited on the top and bottom and not getting my rocks off right proper.

Tell me, though, did these so called pirates profit?

Poor Rolling Stones. Are they paupers now?

[Edited by Nasty Habits]
September 2nd, 2005 10:52 AM
blackandblue
quote:
egon wrote:
so i'll just listen to live lick then this weekend

Or Dirty Work.
September 2nd, 2005 10:53 AM
Moonisup Great! let's hope it costs them a few million in sales, and I've read the tour isn't a *bust* either, and that it will take time to make some profit! I really hope it's a fiasco!
September 2nd, 2005 10:53 AM
gimmekeef Pieces of 8 Matey!!!!...Well I am feeling guilty..(yeah!)..so I'll buy 3 copies Tuesday instead of the 2 I planned on>....
September 2nd, 2005 10:55 AM
Jumacfly
quote:
egon wrote:

OMG!!!
Egon I ve got a extra copy of Dirty work, are you interested Bro??
September 2nd, 2005 10:55 AM
moy This article is pretty similar but see the text in bold, the official website has the enitre album available and

Web pirates hit Rolling Stones
02/09/2005 13:56 - (SA)

London - The Rolling Stones' first studio album in eight years has been illegally posted on the internet, a British newspaper said on Friday.

A Bigger Bang is due for release on Monday but illegal downloading from several websites could cost the legendary British group a fortune in lost sales.

A spokesperson for the Stones' record company EMI told The Times: "The first low-quality files of new Rolling Stones music were found illegally posted on Monday, the same day we began making the new album available for consumers to listen to via radio and streaming.

"It is actually a major achievement to keep an album secure until this close to the commercial release date."

The entire 16-track album is available to listen to on the Stones' website.

The Stones are not the first group to fall victims to internet piracy.

U2, Oasis, Eminem, and Radiohead have all been stung by illegal downloads of songs before their release date.

Piracy has been blamed for a drop in music sales and recent British Phonographic Institute research revealed more than seven million Britons admitted to downloading music illegally.

The Rolling Stones are touring North America and are due to play in New Brunswick, eastern Canada, on Saturday.
September 2nd, 2005 10:57 AM
Lazy Bones
quote:
Gazza wrote:
The album is due for release on Monday but the illegal downloads could cost the band millions in record sales.

Ya...people like me/us that download the tracks then buy the CD, LP, cd single of SOL/RJ, 7" single, concert ticket(s), concert tee and pin and perhaps program.

The band doesn't lose millions, the record companies do.

Joke...
September 2nd, 2005 11:01 AM
Moonisup I've got a legal version over here, and if I want,, I can rip it, and offer it for a download. So what's the problem, if the official release date is 09-05, well don't release it on the second, and for some on the first
but well, the stones manangement, they aren't really whizzkids,
September 2nd, 2005 11:08 AM
VoodooChileInWOnderl
quote:
Nasty Habits wrote:
The bad boys of Rolling Stones message boards are we!

Regadless that your point in the rest of your post has another direction I want to be clear on this: When the WINAMP.COM legal pay-to-download appeared we warned the regulars not to post the MP3 files, (See HERE); the same when the singles appeared on i-Tunes and Real Rhapsody

When someone posted the MPs files of entire songs of the whole album we immediatly deleted those links. See here and here

The "30 Seconds Over Winterland" thread only posted some seconds from some selected songs not known back then and in low-fi.

Now the Stones official website has stream signals that can be easily converted to MP3 so the official website of pirate?
September 2nd, 2005 11:36 AM
Nasty Habits Voodoo, this site does more to keep people enthusiastic Rolling Stones consumers than an entire team of Virgin promotional sales reps armed with record company schwag could ever HOPE to do! Anyone who can't see that is not on the side of the righteous.

I would also like to add to any who care that I am only a contributor to this board and in no way represent its management or its administrators and if I downloaded anything from an outside poster, I thought I heard an angel cry when I did it.
[Edited by Nasty Habits]
September 2nd, 2005 11:39 AM
Lazy Bones
quote:
Nasty Habits wrote:
Voodoo, this site does more to keep people enthusiastic Rolling Stones consumers than an entire team of Virgin promotional sales reps armed with record company schwag could ever HOPE to do! Anyone who can't see that is not on the side of the righteous.

So true, Nasty.
September 2nd, 2005 11:43 AM
Moonisup good post nasty h.
September 2nd, 2005 11:58 AM
Nasty Habits moon, what the hell is the side to side breakdown on the vinyl? I'm goin nuts w/curiosity over here!
September 2nd, 2005 12:10 PM
Moonisup

here we go!

A: rough justice, let me down slow, it won't take long, rain fell down.

B streets of love, BOH, she saw me coming, biggest mistake

C this place is empty, oh no not you again, dangerous beauty, Laugh, I nearly died

D sweet neocon, look what the cat dragged in, driving too fast, infamy

Rik
September 2nd, 2005 12:13 PM
Nasty Habits Thanks rik.

Shit. I knew they were going to fuck it up like that. Vinyl is dead.

Ah well, nasty -- ycagwyw. ycagwyw. ycagwyw.

Have you played zee wax yet?

[Edited by Nasty Habits]
September 2nd, 2005 12:19 PM
Moonisup it needed another playlist!
but Btb, NS where also the same as the cd
September 2nd, 2005 01:01 PM
J.J.Flash
quote:
Nasty Habits wrote:
Thanks rik.

Shit. I knew they were going to fuck it up like that. Vinyl is dead.

Ah well, nasty -- ycagwyw. ycagwyw. ycagwyw.

Have you played zee wax yet?

[Edited by Nasty Habits]

Oh please Nasty... don't be so negative about it... vinyls ARE NOT dead.... I love them.... I can't get enough of them... those black flat perls give me so much pleasure and joy.... they are my pride and joy. Just for the record, I'm trying to change every official CD release I've got for vinyls...... Tattoo You and Some Girls are the next.....
September 2nd, 2005 01:51 PM
bitotas
quote:
egon wrote:

Isn't that the one one that was recorded on the parking lots and then re-mixtured so it looked a soundboard?

With no success IMHO.
September 2nd, 2005 11:01 PM
Bloozehound
quote:
moy wrote:

The entire 16-track album is available to listen to on the Stones' website.

yeah, I was going to say, they've had the damned thing on their own website for days now

This has been an weirdest way I've ever seen an album released, let the public hear the entire thing weeks before its released, for free

September 2nd, 2005 11:26 PM
Soldatti
quote:
Bloozehound wrote:

yeah, I was going to say, they've had the damned thing on their own website for days now

This has been an weirdest way I've ever seen an album released, let the public hear the entire thing weeks before its released, for free

The Stones marketing and Virgin sucks big time, bad (and late) release date and the album on the web for weeks.
September 2nd, 2005 11:41 PM
exile As soon as my daughter wakes up from here afternoon nap....we are going down to pick up our new copy of A Bigger Bang first studio offering from the Rolling Stones in eight years

Yes I am excited!!!!
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
The Rolling Stones World Tour 2005 Rolling Stones Bigger Bang Tour 2005 2006 Rolling Stones Forum - Rolling Stones Message Board - Mick Jagger - Keith Richards - Brian Jones - Charlie Watts - Ian Stewart - Stu - Bill Wyman - Mick Taylor - Ronnie Wood - Ron Wood - Rolling Stones 2005 Tour - Farewell Tour - Rolling Stones: Onstage World Tour A Bigger Bang US Tour

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED)