ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
A Bigger Bang World Tour 2005 - 2006
Wishlist my ass, let's play the same!! Fuck the fans
© 2005 Frank Micelotta and Voodoo Chile In Wonderland with thanks to Gypsy!
[ ROCKSOFF.ORG ] [ IORR NEWS ] [ SETLISTS 1962-2005 ] [ FORO EN ESPAÑOL ] [ BIT TORRENT TRACKER ] [ BIRTHDAY'S LIST ] [ MICK JAGGER ] [ KEITHFUCIUS ] [ CHARLIE WATTS ] [ RONNIE WOOD ] [ BRIAN JONES ] [ MICK TAYLOR ] [ BILL WYMAN ] [ IAN "STU" STEWART ] [ NICKY HOPKINS ] [ MERRY CLAYTON ] [ IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN ] [ LINKS ] [ PHOTOS ] [ JIMI HENDRIX ] [ TEMPLE ] [ GUESTBOOK ] [ ADMIN ]
CHAT ROOM aka The Fun HOUSE Rest rooms last days
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: FATS DOMINO RESCUED Return to archive
September 1st, 2005 07:36 PM
JumpinJackFlash Just on the news, they found him, way to go Shu Rah.
September 1st, 2005 07:39 PM
kath gawd..what a horrible storm. glad fats is alright....so many people homeless....terribly sad.
September 1st, 2005 07:52 PM
doo doo doo Dude Way to go Fats!
September 1st, 2005 07:59 PM
Phog Finally a little good news. Thanks Kent.
September 1st, 2005 09:28 PM
time is on my side GREAT NEWS!!!
September 1st, 2005 10:36 PM
Steel Wheels Thank God.

Let's all run out tomorrow and buy Fats records in his honor! He'll need the money and I'm sure he'll be spreading his wealth throughout his community.

Let's unite and do this!
September 1st, 2005 11:17 PM
Navin Just about 4-6 months ago, got a Fats Domino box-set with the title, 'Walking to New Orleans' which contains 100 of the original Imperial recordings...great stuff!!

September 2nd, 2005 12:08 AM
sirmoonie
quote:
Steel Wheels wrote:
Thank God.

Let's all run out tomorrow and buy Fats records in his honor! He'll need the money and I'm sure he'll be spreading his wealth throughout his community.

Let's unite and do this!

C'mon! Jesus, un-needed and unnecessary sarcasm. Many are idiots here, many aren't. But even the idiots are capable of grasping that the whole fucking thing sucks beyond belief, but that Fats is alive, while it doesn't mean anything less or more in the grand scheme of things, his type of music is why we congregate here sometimes.....

And thats why it got posted.
September 2nd, 2005 02:34 AM
Surround Sister Can anyone confirm that Fats is safe?
On my text-tv news it says a person close to Fats
saw a film clip or picture of him; and that this
Fats-being-safe-things was not certain.
This reminds too much of the tsunami disaster just
eight-nine months ago. 500 of my fellow-landsmen
just vanished.
You havent experienced chaos before such a thing,
imagine being in the midst. We had flood here
a couple of years ago, but not a single life
was spilled; totally different magnitude yet
a - with USA-measures - quite vast county was
demolished.
My sympathy.
September 2nd, 2005 02:40 AM
beer
quote:
Surround Sister wrote:
Can anyone confirm that Fats is safe?
On my text-tv news it says a person close to Fats
saw a film clip or picture of him; and that this
Fats-being-safe-things was not certain.

I just saw on the news a picture of him being rescued, and it was confirmed by his daughter that he is OK.
but keep in mind, i'm only relaying what the TV told me.

-
September 2nd, 2005 02:47 AM
Surround Sister Just saw Bjornulf over at IORR posted the same a few hours ago. Well; a rescueing of the man has been documented.
Guess I have to calm down with that.

Remember, at the tsunami distaster speculations that 10 000 Swedes (!!) had died was circulating; still many of the ministers in charge took a long christmas and New Years vacation... It soon ("soon"; well, after maybe five-six weeks or more) appeared that 'only' 500 was gone.

Yet again; my sympathy, my thoughts to my fellow-humans over at Louisiana, Mississippi, Texas and neighbouring surroundings (Mexico?).
September 2nd, 2005 09:39 AM
Steel Wheels
quote:
sirmoonie wrote:
C'mon! Jesus, un-needed and unnecessary sarcasm. Many are idiots here, many aren't. But even the idiots are capable of grasping that the whole fucking thing sucks beyond belief, but that Fats is alive, while it doesn't mean anything less or more in the grand scheme of things, his type of music is why we congregate here sometimes.....

And thats why it got posted.

Hey SirMoonie, I'm a big fan of Fats, have been playing his music since last night and plan on going to Tower today to buy more of it for my weekend road trip.

The one thing about messageboards is that the tone of voice doesn't always come across as it should.

I'm a huge fan of New Orleans music.

S.W.
September 2nd, 2005 01:05 PM
MrPleasant There's always good news.
September 2nd, 2005 11:35 PM
Ten Thousand Motels 'Fats' Domino Discovers a Good Samaritan in LSU Quarterback

By Eli Saslow
Washington Post Staff Writer
Saturday, September 3, 2005;

BATON ROUGE, La., Sept. 2 -- New Orleans music legend Antoine "Fats" Domino survived Hurricane Katrina, but he's still unsure, he said Friday, about how he'll survive its aftermath.

Domino spent the last three nights sleeping on a couch in the two-bedroom, Baton Rouge apartment of Louisiana State starting quarterback JaMarcus Russell, a distant family friend. Domino left the apartment Friday afternoon with his wife, Rosemary, two daughters and a son-in-law. He had no idea, he said, where he would go next.

"We've lost everything," said Domino, 77. "I don't know what we're going to do. I never wanted to leave."

Domino, who helped fortify the New Orleans music scene in the 1950s with hit singles such as "Blueberry Hill" and "Ain't That a Shame," waited until the last possible minute to evacuate the city. His agent, Al Embry, called Domino on Sunday afternoon at his home in the low-lying 9th ward and begged him to flee.

"Antoine said he had a boat and a generator if he needed it," Embry said. "He told me he wasn't going to leave New Orleans and that I should wait and pray for him. I hung up the phone and started to cry. I honestly never thought I'd talk to him again."

The water rose nearly 20 feet up Domino's house Monday, chasing the family to a third-floor deck. It was from there that Domino hailed an emergency boat, which took the family to the edge of the city. Rescue workers transported Domino to a shelter in Baton Rouge, where he spent two hours before Russell picked him up.

"It was God's will. That's all I know," Domino said. "I'm worried about all the people in New Orleans. Tell them I love them and I wish I was home with them. I hope we'll see them soon."

Domino didn't contact anybody in the three days after the hurricane. Embry reported him missing. He set up a Web site that received more than 500 e-mails. Domino's daughter, Karen Domino White, put up a missing notice on http://craigslist.com .

Little did the family know that Russell, who said he'd met Domino once before through a girlfriend, had welcomed Domino and his family into an apartment already crowded with more than 15 people.

"Fats just stayed at my apartment, rested, watched the news," the sophomore quarterback said. "I've had people sleeping on the floor, the couch, everywhere. It's been pretty crazy."

"Without JaMarcus, it would have been even worse," Domino said.

Domino, wearing a blue striped shirt and a gold necklace, sat in the passenger seat of a car that prepared to leave Russell's apartment for good Friday afternoon. He felt perfectly healthy, he said, and his family had escaped. "We'll be okay," Domino said. "But I really wish I was in New Orleans."
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
The Rolling Stones World Tour 2005 Rolling Stones Bigger Bang Tour 2005 2006 Rolling Stones Forum - Rolling Stones Message Board - Mick Jagger - Keith Richards - Brian Jones - Charlie Watts - Ian Stewart - Stu - Bill Wyman - Mick Taylor - Ronnie Wood - Ron Wood - Rolling Stones 2005 Tour - Farewell Tour - Rolling Stones: Onstage World Tour A Bigger Bang US Tour

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED)