ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
A Bigger Bang World Tour 2005 - 2006
Wishlist my ass, let's play the same!! Fuck the fans
© 2005 Frank Micelotta and Voodoo Chile In Wonderland with thanks to Gypsy!
[ ROCKSOFF.ORG ] [ IORR NEWS ] [ SETLISTS 1962-2005 ] [ FORO EN ESPAÑOL ] [ BIT TORRENT TRACKER ] [ BIRTHDAY'S LIST ] [ MICK JAGGER ] [ KEITHFUCIUS ] [ CHARLIE WATTS ] [ RONNIE WOOD ] [ BRIAN JONES ] [ MICK TAYLOR ] [ BILL WYMAN ] [ IAN "STU" STEWART ] [ NICKY HOPKINS ] [ MERRY CLAYTON ] [ IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN ] [ LINKS ] [ PHOTOS ] [ JIMI HENDRIX ] [ TEMPLE ] [ GUESTBOOK ] [ ADMIN ]
CHAT ROOM aka The Fun HOUSE Rest rooms last days
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Reaction from ABB from my listeners Return to archive
August 31st, 2005 11:02 PM
Riffhard Well my station got ABB today,and all day we have been playing a different cut at the bottom of every hour. The reaction has been extremely positive. Gazza,you are right about LIND!! What a song! The phones lit up after that one was played. This Sunday I will be playing the whole album from track one right through to track sixteen.

I must say that I am floored at the quality of this disk! It really seems to me that when Mick and Keith sit down together,and,more importantly,actully write together they still can muster the old magic. For my money this is the best album since Tattoo You at least,and with continued listening I may even rate it as better than Tattoo You. It has a great vibe all the way through,and really seems to flow nicely. As much as I liked Bridges it had always seemed way too choppy for my tastes. This one has the best continuity,and consistancy of great songs that the boys have released in a very long time indeed. Who woulda thunk the ol' bastards still had it in 'em?!

Five stars? Absofuckinglutly!!!

Riffhard
August 31st, 2005 11:21 PM
VoodooChileInWOnderl Riffy, LIND is both a first listen impressive song, and the more you listen the more you get hooked, it's strongly addictive

That's why that was the only song I posted two samples and longer than any other when I posted the infamous "30 Seconds Over Winterland"

How do you classify that song? it's not a rocker, it's not progressive, it's not experimental, I cannot find a classification for it but it's a great song and I think it will have a live debut at MSG in September
August 31st, 2005 11:59 PM
glencar From your keyboard to God's ears!
September 1st, 2005 12:01 AM
IanBillen *I always knew they still had it in em. It was just a matter of cutting out the Bull shit and getting back to the way they used to do it. I knew it wouldn't be easy but I was a firm believer that they still could produce, if infact they did what was neccessary. I think this time it even hit Mick....that they had to start from scratch and live an album again, as opposed to just phoning it in.

There is our proof....it isn't that they can't do it....it is a matter of actually following through with focus they used to have, the unity they used to have, minus the bullshit.

Oh yes. A good Producer who could bring it all too media in that fashion is needed too. And they also had that element as well this time.

Ian
[Edited by IanBillen]
September 1st, 2005 12:04 AM
Riffhard As for classifying LIND? God that's a tough one. It's kinda a soul/gospel/funk vibe. Right? All I know is that it is a killer tune on a killer album. I can't even compare the song to any that the Stones have ever done before. I want to say it's got a little bit of a Let It Loose sound,but then again,it doesn't. Though I would say it's of that genre. LIL is certainly got a more gospel feel to it,but has no real funk to speak of. Whereas LIND as both gospel and funk with a healthy dose of soul. Hell,Gerardo,I can't even begin to classify LIND!! LOL! I would catagorize it as ass kicken good!! How's that?!

Riffhard
September 1st, 2005 12:25 AM
Daethgod classifying LIND is easy ...

its Da Rolling Stones !

how great is it to have the boys back

: P

September 1st, 2005 12:44 AM
glencar You can keep your LIND! Just let me have It Won't Take Long!
September 1st, 2005 01:09 AM
Riffhard
quote:
glencar wrote:
You can keep your LIND! Just let me have It Won't Take Long!

No,no,no Blue! I want them all! Great fucking record from start to finnis!! Even SOL melds nicely into the disk. That is what I mean about continuity. By itself I am no real fan of SOL,but when taken as whole ABB works well even with the inclussion of the weakest part of it's sums. If you take my meaning.

Riffhard
September 1st, 2005 01:24 AM
pdog
quote:
Riffhard wrote:

No,no,no Blue! I want them all! Great fucking record from start to finnis!! Even SOL melds nicely into the disk. That is what I mean about continuity. By itself I am no real fan of SOL,but when taken as whole ABB works well even with the inclussion of the weakest part of it's sums. If you take my meaning.

Riffhard

I feel the same way. It's a strong album... Which isn't easy to do. When Keith said we didn't over produce, we let the album speak for itself, he wasn't joking. This record has a flow. I love the end of LIND... Sound like they're chanting Let It Loose is gonna be my guide, or the roofs or Lenny Bruce... I love it when I hear all kinds of shit in the lyrics.
This would be awesome in MSG...
September 1st, 2005 01:35 AM
Monkey Woman You have cool listeners, Riff!

Your post made my day. It's great to read this in the morning here before going to work! So far I've listened to the whole album on rollingstones.com in mp3 format and I agree to everything you posted.

"We'll let the album speak for us". Kudos to the Stones for doing exactly that.
September 1st, 2005 01:44 AM
glencar I can't wait to hear the whole CD in one run, Riffy. You've got one great job!
September 1st, 2005 08:56 AM
Nasty Habits
quote:
VoodooChileInWOnderl wrote:

How do you classify that song? it's not a rocker, it's not progressive, it's not experimental, I cannot find a classification for it but it's a great song and I think it will have a live debut at MSG in September

It's gris gris.
September 1st, 2005 11:59 AM
marko how great is it to have the boys back

its sometimes almost great as sex,even,sometimes better!
September 1st, 2005 12:08 PM
Lazy Bones
quote:
marko wrote:

September 1st, 2005 12:14 PM
Jumacfly
quote:
marko wrote:

I had sex on the new Stones yesterday and it was great!!
September 3rd, 2005 07:12 PM
Bitch WHAT TIME ON SUNDAY are you starting it?

I'm hearing a new RS song every day I tune in, your station plays it alot already, which is great.

yes! RIFFHARD! PLEASE BRING IT ON!
ROLLING STONES ENTIRE NEW CD ON THE RADIO! Dude -what time are ya starting it?????????????????????

I'll be listening with friends on LBI - at a BBQ for Labor Day Weekend - party!!!Say hello to us!!!!!!!thanks!!!!!!!!!!
September 3rd, 2005 07:33 PM
Poplar
quote:
Jumacfly wrote:
I had sex on the new Stones yesterday and it was great!!

LOL, me too, ju.
wednesday night, i used it wo woo a woman - successfuly.
the stones come through for me ... again.

September 3rd, 2005 07:45 PM
Gazza
quote:
marko wrote:

I hope that, as a recently married man, you havent gone 8 years without getting laid, Marko!
September 3rd, 2005 09:01 PM
monkey_man
quote:
Riffhard wrote:
For my money this is the best album since Tattoo You at least,and with continued listening I may even rate it as better than Tattoo You.
Riffhard

That's quite an endorsement! I think Tatoo You was the last album I bought of theirs. I may have to score me a copy of it.
MM
September 3rd, 2005 11:15 PM
IanBillen [quote]monkey_man wrote:

That's quite an endorsement! I think Tatoo You was the last album I bought of theirs. I may have to score me a copy of it.
MM

Monkey Man. I am really surprised a Stones fan as yourself hasn't purchased one of their new albums in like 25 years???

Ian
September 3rd, 2005 11:20 PM
glencar The NY Times says it's their best album in over 2 decades. The writer (Jon Pareles) doesn't come out & say what the previous best one was but he slags DW & everything after it so I have a sneaking suspicion that he thinks it's the best since UC.
September 4th, 2005 07:15 AM
corgi37 8 years Gazza?

No wonder you put so much time and effort into this site.

hahahahahahahahhahahahahaha.

Well, hey, i thought it was funny. At least i score tonight. It's Fathers Day. And i'll get another next week as its my birthday. Then, thats it until Christmas.

Suddenly, i dont feel like laughing anymore.
September 4th, 2005 07:22 AM
Jumping Jack Best since IORR & GHS. Perhaps nothing as strong as the best on either of those two, but much more consistent.

The more times you listen the better it gets.
September 4th, 2005 07:24 AM
Poplar
Untill now, a respectable Stones collection could end with Tattoo You.
Now, a respectable Stones collection must include A Bigger Bang.
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
The Rolling Stones World Tour 2005 Rolling Stones Bigger Bang Tour 2005 2006 Rolling Stones Forum - Rolling Stones Message Board - Mick Jagger - Keith Richards - Brian Jones - Charlie Watts - Ian Stewart - Stu - Bill Wyman - Mick Taylor - Ronnie Wood - Ron Wood - Rolling Stones 2005 Tour - Farewell Tour - Rolling Stones: Onstage World Tour A Bigger Bang US Tour

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED)