ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board

[THE WET PAGE] [IORR NEWS] [IORR TOUR SCHEDULE 2003] [LICKS TOUR EN ESPAÑOL] [SETLISTS 1962-2003] [THE A/V ROOM] [THE ART GALLERY] [MICK JAGGER] [KEITHFUCIUS] [CHARLIE WATTS ] [RON WOOD] [BRIAN JONES] [MICK TAYLOR] [BILL WYMAN] [IAN STEWART ] [NICKY HOPKINS] [MERRY CLAYTON] [IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN] [BERNARD FOWLER] [LISA FISCHER] [DARRYL JONES] [BOBBY KEYS] [JAMES PHELGE] [CHUCK LEAVELL] [LINKS] [PHOTOS] [MAGAZINE COVERS] [MUSIC COVERS ] [JIMI HENDRIX] [BOOTLEGS] [TEMPLE] [GUESTBOOK] [ADMIN]

[CHAT ROOM aka THE FUN HOUSE] [RESTROOMS]

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED) inside.
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Wembley 14/9 rescheduled>>>> Return to archive
09-02-03 07:09 AM
Hand of Fate Stones show rolls forward
12.06PM BST, 2 Sep 2003

The Rolling Stones have rescheduled one of their Wembley gigs later this month.

The band had been due to play the London venue on Sunday, September 14 but this has now been moved forward to Saturday, September 13.

The group`s final Wembley date will go ahead as planned on Monday, September 15.

Tickets bought for the Sunday gig will be valid for Saturday, a band spokesman said.

Organisers have rearranged the date, part of the Stones' 40th anniversary Licks tour, after Mick Jagger's bout of flu forced the cancellation of a number of dates last month.

The band has also rearranged postponed dates in Amsterdam and Benidorm and has added two final dates - Coimbra, Portugal on September 27 and Zaragoza, Spain, on September 29.

Last night, the veteran rockers played to a full house at Glasgow's SECC.

Showing no signs of his recent ill-health, Sir Mick Jagger, 60, gave a typically energetic display as the band tore in to opening number Street Fighting Man.

With guitar heroes Keith Richards, 59, and Ronnie Woods, 56, prowling the edges of the stage, it was Jagger, wearing a bright yellow T-shirt, skin tight black jeans, and a red leather jacket who commanded the attention of the crowd.

"It's great to be back. This is the Stones` first show in Glasgow since 1989. It's almost as hot as the Barrowlands I remember," said Sir Mick, referring to the legendary ballroom situated in the city's Gallowgate area.

The show reached its climax with Jumping Jack Flash as blood red tickertape flooded the arena.

09-02-03 10:52 AM
Rolling Hansie >The Rolling Stones have rescheduled one of their Wembley >gigs later this month.
>
>The band had been due to play the London venue on Sunday, >September 14 but this has now been moved forward to >Saturday, September 13.

===========================

This is very important to me, because of my traveling schedule.
WHERE DID YOU FIND THIS INFORMATION ? ? ?
09-02-03 10:54 AM
bootcover I'm glad I booked a flight for the 13th to London
But I guess some people are in a lot of problems now
09-02-03 11:13 AM
Gazza oh for fucks sake

Dont these fucking people have any consideration for people who book flights and hotels.....postponing a show for illness is one thing but to do this at 12 days notice for the sake of convenience is scandalous and inconsiderate.

How come its an inconvenience to them now yet it wasnt when they originally announced it?
09-02-03 11:35 AM
bootcover Now it's official !!
It's on the RS.com site:

September 02, 2003
STONES ANNOUNCE RE-SCHEDULED WEMBLEY DATE AND ADDITIONAL EUROPEAN SHOWS

The Rolling Stones announced today changes to the their UK and European dates, due to the re-scheduling of the Twickenham, Amsterdam and Benidorm shows.

The forthcoming, sold out, Wembley Arena show on Sunday 14 September, will now take place the night before – Saturday 13 September. Ticket holders should retain their tickets as they will be valid. The further Wembley show will take place, as planned, on Monday 15 September.

The postponed Amsterdam show at Amsterdam Arena on 20 August will now be staged on a re-scheduled date of 22 September in the same venue. Additionally the postponed show in Benidorm from last month is also re-scheduled to take place on 25 September at Campo De Futbol De Benidorm.

Two brand new dates have been added and confirmed today. They are:
27 September – Coimbra, Portugal
29 September – Zaragoza, Spain

See local press for ticket details. The remaining leg of The Rolling Stones ‘LICKS’ European tour is now as follows:

3 Sept Glasgow SECC
5 Sept Manchester MEN Arena
7 Sept Werchter Festival
9 Sept Dublin The Point
11 Sept Dublin The Point
13 Sept London Wembley Arena
15 Sept London Wembley Arena
20 Sept London Twickenham
22 Sept Amsterdam Amsterdam Arena
25 Sept Benidorm Campo De Futbol
27 Sept Coimbra Coimbra Stadium
29 Sept Zaragoza Open Air Arena

Michael Cohl, Tour Director said “ We would like to apologise for the inconvenience caused but we want to ensure that everyone gets a great show.”

Ticket holders with any enquiries should refer to their original point of purchase.

09-02-03 12:40 PM
Gazza >Michael Cohl, Tour Director said “ We would like to apologise for the inconvenience caused but we want to ensure that everyone gets a great show.”

spoken from the heart Michael. I'm sure you give a flying fuck
09-02-03 12:43 PM
jb I also despise Cohl Gazza even though he is a fellow Heb. Also, I bet this show will not be sold out.
09-02-03 01:43 PM
Gazza It already is.

Cohl typifies all thats repugnant about rock 'n' roll music and how far its become removed from what it was originally supposed to stand for. The stones are little better, unfortunately
09-02-03 01:46 PM
jb Cohl is a money grubbing bastard....and I have come to agree with you about the Stones as well...they could care less about their fans and are in it only for the buck...I still think they are the greatest, but they are despicable individuals...especially Keith.
09-02-03 02:43 PM
Hand of Fate This has been moved at Micks request as he can no longer do 2 shows back to back after his illness
09-02-03 02:57 PM
jb Gazza, any word on the real reason MT did not play..also, what about the dreadful rumours on Gasx3....Please updare ASAP.....
09-02-03 03:06 PM
Joey " How come its an inconvenience to them now yet it wasnt when they originally announced it? "

Too much time fu##ing around in Germany !

Josh , is Michael Cohl a " Harvard Hebrew Boy " ???? ( As in what Richard Nixon used to call Henry Kissinger ) .

Joey Nixon !
09-02-03 03:08 PM
jb No..a canadian who probably went to MaGill Univ.
Also, what did you think of the poor guy who was forced to rob the bank and then the cops would not even help him get the bomb of his neck....pitiful!
09-02-03 03:13 PM
Joey " Also, what did you think of the poor guy who was forced to rob the bank and then the cops would not even help him get the bomb of his neck....pitiful! "

Huh ?

Oh , by the way , I woke up on the floor twice this holiday weekend -- ALONE !

Josh , do you thinks I have a Drinking Problem ?

Will I pull a William Holden ( circa 1981 ) ?

How do you spell Nitney ?

Please ................I's just gots to knows whats yous thinks abouts this as I's values your's opinions .

Developing ............................Like a Scab .

" Bite Me Hard Ronnie "

Jerscee !

09-02-03 03:18 PM
jb I really don't drink very much anymore...I had some "Palm" wine along with my lobster tails this weekend and it was quite sweet. If you feel you have a problem, call SDH and I am sure he will help you....Jesus loves you JACKY...
09-02-03 03:49 PM
Joey

" Palm " wine ?!?!?!

WTF ?!?!?!?!

Oh , my Seder Plate contained Beef Tenderloin with garlic Mashed potatoes and stewed vegetables -- I scarfed it up so fast that I didn't even take one drink of my " Hess ' 98 " Cabernet Sauvignon .

Then the waitress came over and " Carmalized " my Creme Brulee ' .............I just love it when she does that !

JERKY !

09-02-03 04:42 PM
Gazza >Gazza, any word on the real reason MT did not play..

he missed the soundcheck. to my knowledge, thats it.

>also, what about the dreadful rumours on Gasx3....

I dont know what they are and even if I did,I wouldnt betray Keno's confidence and post them here if he chose to tell me. If its something bad, I'd rather it wasnt posted until its confirmed anyway. Before you know it, its picked up and distorted and spread around as fact and then its all over the bloody papers in even MORE twisted detail..

One has to have some responsibility and understanding of people's feelings and privacy when posting news and information, especially if its not something thats generally available. We had that problem about 18 months ago when there was all these wild rumours about Ronnie being replaced for the upcoming tour because he was going to need a liver transplant, he had cancer (depending on what story you wanted to believe). People started posting that stuff and I think we had to delete it because it was unfounded and it was getting out of hand. Of course it turned out to be bullshit. I hear a lot of gossip from time to time. How credible it turns out to be varies. Sometimes its best not to post stuff for various reasons - usually its because of lack of credibility or because I've been asked not to.
[Edited by Gazza]