ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board

[THE WET PAGE] [IORR NEWS] [IORR TOUR SCHEDULE 2003] [LICKS TOUR EN ESPAŅOL] [SETLISTS 1962-2003] [THE A/V ROOM] [THE ART GALLERY] [MICK JAGGER] [KEITHFUCIUS] [CHARLIE WATTS ] [RON WOOD] [BRIAN JONES] [MICK TAYLOR] [BILL WYMAN] [IAN STEWART ] [NICKY HOPKINS] [MERRY CLAYTON] [IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN] [BERNARD FOWLER] [LISA FISCHER] [DARRYL JONES] [BOBBY KEYS] [JAMES PHELGE] [CHUCK LEAVELL] [LINKS] [PHOTOS] [MAGAZINE COVERS] [MUSIC COVERS ] [JIMI HENDRIX] [BOOTLEGS] [TEMPLE] [GUESTBOOK] [ADMIN]

[CHAT ROOM aka THE FUN HOUSE] [RESTROOMS]

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED) inside.
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: latest header Return to archive
09-01-03 06:29 AM
stonedinaustralia voodoo - do you (or anybody else)know what show that is??
09-01-03 07:34 AM
Zeeta Dunno SIA mate but it looks like a fuckin good one! From the 73 tour?

Ian Stewart looks bored standing behind Nicky Hopkins!

"get off my piano young Nicky boy!"
09-01-03 08:13 AM
stonedinaustralia hey zeeta - apparently my ilkley girl is back in town - might meet up with her after 15 years (her husband notwithstanding!!)

09-01-03 09:04 AM
Jumacfly charlie looks like a character of "planet of the apes" on the header!!
09-01-03 09:13 AM
steel driving hammer Wires lines everywhere!

Suprised Mick didn't trip over some!
09-01-03 09:16 AM
steel driving hammer Looks like their playing in a drained swimming pool.
09-01-03 09:24 AM
Half Nanker I'm pretty sure this photo is from the Nicaraguan Benefit Concert at the L.A. Forum on January 18th, 1973.
09-01-03 09:37 AM
TooTough Did you recognize the guy at the back wearing a ZZ Top shirt? Must be around their first album. Whatīs it called? Isnīt the a song called Brown Sugar on it (no cover, I know)?
09-01-03 09:44 AM
stoneslib This header pic is from Honolulu, January 21, 1973 (the 1st of the 3 Hawaii shows).
09-01-03 10:05 AM
LadyJane The whole set-up looks so...I dunno...amateur.

Looks like they are performing at a local TV station's MDA telethon. That's today, isn't it? Must avoid seeing Jerry Lewis slobbering.

LadyJ.
09-01-03 10:07 AM
Zeeta
quote:
stonedinaustralia wrote:
hey zeeta - apparently my ilkley girl is back in town - might meet up with her after 15 years (her husband notwithstanding!!)

Mate! That is well good! Is she hot?

Well, let me know when you are coming over and we can get loaded! Bring the girl aswell!

respect!

Matt
09-01-03 10:11 AM
nankerphelge I saw Jerry Lewis on TV the other day and holy cow is he big!

It's the same face, but his features are now all scrunched up in the middle of this gigantic head. It looks like a cartoonist charicature.

Shiver!

09-01-03 12:50 PM
mac_daddy
quote:
LadyJane wrote:
The whole set-up looks so...I dunno...amateur.

Looks like they are performing at a local TV station's MDA telethon. That's today, isn't it? Must avoid seeing Jerry Lewis slobbering.

LadyJ.

Oh no, LJ! I have to respectfully disagree with you. In this pic from HI, they look like a real f*cking rock n' roll band!
09-01-03 12:52 PM
mac_daddy
quote:
nankerphelge wrote:
I saw Jerry Lewis on TV the other day and holy cow is he big!

It's the same face, but his features are now all scrunched up in the middle of this gigantic head. It looks like a cartoonist charicature.

Shiver!

you know that is a reaction to the medicine he has to take, and not from consuming the contents of his refrigerator...
09-01-03 01:48 PM
Lazy Bones
quote:
steel driving hammer wrote:
Wires lines everywhere!

Suprised Mick didn't trip over some!

They're not wires. It's a painted dragon (I believe) on the stage surface.
09-01-03 02:54 PM
steel driving hammer
quote:
nankerphelge wrote:
I saw Jerry Lewis on TV the other day and holy cow is he big!

No shit.

I thought I was watching the Mick Taylor Foundation!
[Edited by steel driving hammer]
09-01-03 03:01 PM
kath that really doesn't look like charlie there...there was one show he missed becaue he got the date wrong..i wonder if this is it? looks nuthin' like him....

doesn't jerry lewis look awful? he is on some badass med for RSD (which I also have) and man..he looks like he's gonna float away....like a giant inflatable at a stones concert!
09-01-03 03:14 PM
mac_daddy definitely charlie...

he looks like a stud on this tour - long hair and tan...

there was a header a while back that had a better shot of him, from this same tour...
09-01-03 04:16 PM
Child of the Moon I've always loved this pic, primarily for that bizarre Jagger stance. I think I've seen other pictures from this show, too, and I distincly remember keith looking scary... like, DEAD scary. Vacant stare and everything. But what a great friggin' year for Stones music, that 1973.
09-01-03 04:58 PM
Boomy Has to be Charlie. Just look at the way he is holding the stick in his left hand.
09-01-03 05:28 PM
kath boy, i really have to stare at that one to get charlie's face...it just really doesn't look like him.

but yeah, that WAS the studly charlie period. mmmph, gurgle.

i have some other shots of him from that time that just make me sweat.....
09-01-03 11:15 PM
mac_daddy HI tour poster >>
09-02-03 01:22 AM
VoodooChileInWOnderl This was the Hawaiian header

Honolulu International Center - January 21, 1973