ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board

[THE WET PAGE] [IORR NEWS] [IORR TOUR SCHEDULE 2003] [LICKS TOUR EN ESPAŅOL] [SETLISTS 1962-2003] [THE A/V ROOM] [THE ART GALLERY] [MICK JAGGER] [KEITHFUCIUS] [CHARLIE WATTS ] [RON WOOD] [BRIAN JONES] [MICK TAYLOR] [BILL WYMAN] [IAN STEWART ] [NICKY HOPKINS] [MERRY CLAYTON] [IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN] [BERNARD FOWLER] [LISA FISCHER] [DARRYL JONES] [BOBBY KEYS] [JAMES PHELGE] [CHUCK LEAVELL] [LINKS] [PHOTOS] [MAGAZINE COVERS] [MUSIC COVERS ] [JIMI HENDRIX] [BOOTLEGS] [TEMPLE] [GUESTBOOK] [ADMIN]

[CHAT ROOM aka THE FUN HOUSE] [RESTROOMS]

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED) inside.
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Best Gig Ever.... Return to archive
08-31-03 09:48 PM
FM Billy Sloan reports today in the Sunday Mail (Scottish rag)
that the Wembley show on ~Friday is the best gig he has ever seen, and that's out of over 5000 he has seen.

Fraser
09-01-03 05:38 AM
Gazza I can understand it being the best gig he's ever seen, but how can he have been to 5000 gigs??

even allowing for a couple of nights off a week,that would have taken about twenty years at five shows a week. He mustn't have a life!!

still - quite a recommendation and worth noting for those who think the Stones have lost their touch.

Hope tonight's gonna be as good!
09-01-03 11:47 AM
riffhard64 A Friend of mine who went to all 3 London shows and a veteran of more than 2 dozen shows say's Wembley was almost better than The Astoria...can't wait to hear it...anybody tape these shows??
09-01-03 12:42 PM
hotlicks I have seen the stones many times-from 64 on,wembley arena was the best stones concert ever.
09-01-03 02:58 PM
Miss U. What was so great about it?
09-01-03 03:57 PM
glencar I was at both :Las Vegas shows in November last year & I can confirm that the arena show outdid the club gig. It's probable that it happened again. The Stones ran through their last 5 songs at Astoria.