ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board

[THE WET PAGE] [IORR NEWS] [IORR TOUR SCHEDULE 2003] [LICKS TOUR EN ESPAŅOL] [SETLISTS 1962-2003] [THE A/V ROOM] [THE ART GALLERY] [MICK JAGGER] [KEITHFUCIUS] [CHARLIE WATTS ] [RON WOOD] [BRIAN JONES] [MICK TAYLOR] [BILL WYMAN] [IAN STEWART ] [NICKY HOPKINS] [MERRY CLAYTON] [IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN] [BERNARD FOWLER] [LISA FISCHER] [DARRYL JONES] [BOBBY KEYS] [JAMES PHELGE] [CHUCK LEAVELL] [LINKS] [PHOTOS] [MAGAZINE COVERS] [MUSIC COVERS ] [JIMI HENDRIX] [BOOTLEGS] [TEMPLE] [GUESTBOOK] [ADMIN]

[CHAT ROOM aka THE FUN HOUSE] [RESTROOMS]

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED) inside.
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: JB Uncovered? (NSC) Return to archive
08-30-03 07:39 AM
Nellcote Read the post within the "Hill Notes" area of the article.
You decide.....

Washington Post 08/30/03

Sen. Clinton Dismisses 2004 Speculation

By MARC HUMBERT
The Associated Press
Friday, August 29, 2003; 5:15 PM

ALBANY, N.Y. - A drop in President Bush's poll numbers has increased speculation about New York Sen. Hillary Rodham Clinton jumping into the 2004 Democratic presidential race - a notion the former first lady rejected Friday.

"I am absolutely ruling it out," Clinton said during a visit to the New York State Fair in Syracuse, N.Y. She had insisted in recent months that she will not consider entering the race for president this year even if that is what some Democrats want.

Fueling the speculation has been talk of a fall visit to Iowa, site of the nomination's kickoff caucuses Jan. 19, but no confirmation yet from her staff on whether Clinton will go.

A meeting of her fund-raising team next month is expected to include at least some discussion of presidential politics - more likely the 2008 race, according to some familiar with planning for the session.

And, there is her own campaign Web site, which includes a section called "Hill Notes" - a sampling of supportive e-mail messages assembled by her staff. On a recent day, seven of the first 10 messages urged a presidential run, or alluded to the possibility.

"Please run for president in 2004. We need you," pleaded one from "Josh B."

On Friday, the Web site contained similar messages including one from "Kim C." that read: "I would love nothing more than to see you in the White House - the sooner the better ... Go get 'em, girl!"

Asked about the messages Friday, Patti Solis Doyle, executive director of HILLPAC, Clinton's political action committee, said: "We receive many e-mails in a day, Friends of Hillary posts two or three a day."

Clinton has the celebrity and the fund-raising prowess to overwhelm the crowded Democratic field of nine candidates, even late in the campaign. She has not ruled out a run in 2008.

Friends and advisers maintain that she has no interest in 2004. Calling the speculation "unfounded," Harold Ickes, a top political adviser and former White House deputy chief of staff, said simply, "She ain't going to run."

A spokesman for the former first lady also sought to dampen the talk, at least for 2004.

"Senator Clinton has repeatedly said that she will serve out her full, six-year term," said Philippe Reines.

Not everyone is convinced.

"To the extent that Bush's numbers go down - and they've been going down - her consideration of 2004 has to go up," said Maurice Carroll, head of the Quinnipiac University Polling Institute.

A 2004 Democratic victory by another candidate would likely delay any Clinton run for the White House until 2012, when she should be 65 years old.

Hank Sheinkopf, a New York-based Democratic strategist who worked on former President Clinton's 1996 re-election campaign, said that while there will be pressure on her to run, she probably won't because Bush does not look beatable, at least not now.

"There are those in the party who might like to see her go, so she can get knocked off (by Bush), opening up a different field in 2008," Sheinkopf said. "She is the big bear in the woods, and so long as she's in the way, anybody who wants to run (in 2008) can't consider it."

JB, come clean! Will you & "Shakey Janet" run Florida for ole lard butt Hillary?

08-30-03 12:15 PM
KeithRichards210 LMFAO!!!! That's our lawyer "friend" for you....
08-30-03 06:51 PM
kath anybody here happen to know what josh's last name is?
09-02-03 12:21 PM
Nellcote JB, any comment?
Seems like things have cooled for Hil this weekend...
09-02-03 12:26 PM
jb She is a remarkable lady and certainly would be a strong candidate. I also find her very attractive.
09-02-03 12:30 PM
Nellcote JB, certainly you were referring to Hil & not Shakey Reno, correct? Both present troubling visuals, Hil with those disturbing, unflattering videos holding Bubba's hand whilst walking the beaches of St. Thomas, Skakey swinging her fingers at reporters while sending poor Elian back to Castro...

And is it true you made the Washington Post?
09-02-03 12:33 PM
jb Let's just say I am a strong supporter of both Hilary and Janet and leave it at that.
09-02-03 12:36 PM
Nellcote JB; You can thank me in '08 when you become Atty General, right for finding this quote, right?
09-02-03 12:42 PM
jb Will you be bringing up other great quotes of mine from Rocks-off? I'm sure that will go over well!
09-02-03 12:53 PM
Nellcote Look, JB, I'm a watcher of politics from afar, you know, the land of Whitey Bulger, The Kennedy's, etc. Only for pertinent topics, I'm sure you'll understand.
09-02-03 01:01 PM
Gazza >anybody here happen to know what josh's last name is?

yes,I do - but people use acronyms and pseudonyms here for their own reasons of privacy and they shouldn't be posted here without their permission!
09-02-03 01:08 PM
jb Thanks Gazza...JB really are my first and last initials...a few people here know the complete name...but I am afraid to give it to Kath as she seems to have it in for me.
[Edited by jb]
09-02-03 01:36 PM
JaggaRichards
quote:
kath wrote:
anybody here happen to know what josh's last name is?

I can think of a few!
[Edited by JaggaRichards]
09-02-03 01:39 PM
jb My real name is Josh Bush.
09-02-03 02:28 PM
KeithRichards210
quote:
jb wrote:
My real name is Josh Bush.

My real name is Keith R. Twoten
09-02-03 03:01 PM
Joey " She is a remarkable lady and certainly would be a strong candidate. I also find her very attractive. "

I love Lesbians .

" Hillary loves Puss Puss Ronnie "

Jercee !
09-02-03 03:05 PM
jb If Maurice Claudette was on UM you would be crying foul...he shouldn't even have been playing and we still won wexcept for a bullshit call.
09-02-03 03:15 PM
Joey " If Maurice Claudette was on UM you would be crying foul...he shouldn't even have been playing and we still won wexcept for a bullshit call "

We made your program .
09-02-03 09:39 PM
kath
quote:
jb wrote:

why would this not surprise me???

09-02-03 09:46 PM
JaggaRichards
quote:
jb wrote: