ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board

[THE WET PAGE] [IORR NEWS] [IORR TOUR SCHEDULE 2003] [LICKS TOUR EN ESPAŅOL] [SETLISTS 1962-2003] [THE A/V ROOM] [THE ART GALLERY] [MICK JAGGER] [KEITHFUCIUS] [CHARLIE WATTS ] [RON WOOD] [BRIAN JONES] [MICK TAYLOR] [BILL WYMAN] [IAN STEWART ] [NICKY HOPKINS] [MERRY CLAYTON] [IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN] [BERNARD FOWLER] [LISA FISCHER] [DARRYL JONES] [BOBBY KEYS] [JAMES PHELGE] [CHUCK LEAVELL] [LINKS] [PHOTOS] [MAGAZINE COVERS] [MUSIC COVERS ] [JIMI HENDRIX] [BOOTLEGS] [TEMPLE] [GUESTBOOK] [ADMIN]

[CHAT ROOM aka THE FUN HOUSE] [RESTROOMS]

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED) inside.
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Taylor VS Woodie Return to archive
08-30-03 05:41 AM
hotlicks Seen the Mick Taylor gig on thursday, and I have to say, Woody was on fire compared to Taylor. Please, don't get Taylor back in the band, they don't need him. Taylor's solos were good, but went on forever, and didn't go anywhere in my opinion. Woody's solos on the other hand were not as technically good, but concise and never boring. All feeling in other words....

Woody rules!

[Edited by hotlicks]
08-30-03 12:13 PM
KeithRichards210
quote:
hotlicks wrote:

Seen the Mick Taylor gig on thursday, and I have to say, Woodie was on fire compared to Taylor. Please, don't get Taylor back in the band, they don't need him. Taylor's solos were good, but went on forever, and didn't go anywhere in my opinion. Woodie's solos on the other hand were not as technically good, but concise and never boring. All feeling in other words....

Woodie rules!

We're all entitled to our opinions..(very diplomatic, you see...) You can prefer Woody to Taylor, or Taylor to Woody. No point in comparing. (VERY diplomatic!! )
08-30-03 01:10 PM
Miss U. LoL
08-30-03 02:29 PM
J.J.Flash
When I saw at the first time the title of this thread instantly I thought "Oh God, here we go again..." or "Damn, are we starting this god damn fight again?"
08-30-03 02:56 PM
Sir Stonesalot Yaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaawwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwnnnnnnnnnnn.

08-31-03 01:35 PM
KeithRichards210
quote:
Sir Stonesalot wrote:
Yaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaawwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwnnnnnnnnnnn.

Ditto. Though there's abviously a reason this keeps coming up...

Woody does indeed have a better, more "fun" personality. No argument there. Musically, well..ah never mind. Think I'll go back to sleep before I annoy the Unholy Trinity here.
08-31-03 03:05 PM
Boomy Why does anyone have this pipe dream that Mick Taylor is somehow going to be ASKED to rejoin with the Stones?

It's simple: Stones do their thing, Mick Taylor does his. OVER!!!
[Edited by Boomy]
08-31-03 09:03 PM
KeithRichards210
quote:
Boomy wrote:
Why does anyone have this pipe dream that Mick Taylor is somehow going to be ASKED to rejoin with the Stones?

I don't. I know better. Dammit...