ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board

[THE WET PAGE] [IORR NEWS] [IORR TOUR SCHEDULE 2003] [LICKS TOUR EN ESPAŅOL] [SETLISTS 1962-2003] [THE A/V ROOM] [THE ART GALLERY] [MICK JAGGER] [KEITHFUCIUS] [CHARLIE WATTS ] [RON WOOD] [BRIAN JONES] [MICK TAYLOR] [BILL WYMAN] [IAN STEWART ] [NICKY HOPKINS] [MERRY CLAYTON] [IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN] [BERNARD FOWLER] [LISA FISCHER] [DARRYL JONES] [BOBBY KEYS] [JAMES PHELGE] [CHUCK LEAVELL] [LINKS] [PHOTOS] [MAGAZINE COVERS] [MUSIC COVERS ] [JIMI HENDRIX] [BOOTLEGS] [TEMPLE] [GUESTBOOK] [ADMIN]

[CHAT ROOM aka THE FUN HOUSE] [RESTROOMS]

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED) inside.
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: MTV Music Awards Return to archive Page: 1 2
08-29-03 04:37 PM
LadyJane
quote:
jb wrote:
Coldplay sucked donkey balls. I would love to have Britney, Madonna, and Aguielera in a foursome....
[Edited by jb]

What....no Missy Elliot thrown in for a little Brown Sugar??

LOL

LadyJ.
08-29-03 04:41 PM
jb I thought Beyonce looked bad...they kept on flashing to some black girl in the audience-was that the newly reconstructed janet jackson...she looked dam good!!!
08-29-03 04:43 PM
Joey

It looks like Nebraska will be a bit better this year -- Gotta go with the " Over " on tomorrow's game .................................and you ???????

Oklahoma will also be outstanding this season -- I don't portend to prognosticate but I have been know to drink a " JaggerBomb " or two ..................or three ..........................or four !

As far as Penn State this year , look for a 3-9 season at BEST with Jo Pa throwing in the towel once and for all . My God , he has been there for , What ?????? Thirty eight years or something ????????

Shiver ........................................

JERSEE JOE WALSH

08-29-03 04:44 PM
jb UM#3!!!!
08-29-03 04:49 PM
Joey

" UM#3!!!! "

We built your program !!!

08-30-03 02:41 PM
The Hand of Fate Well, there are still worse things than Coldplay. Instead of b!tching about some band that really isn't as lame as all these others, why don't we just complain about these awful rappers like 50cent, Ludakris? and Jay Z. They suck and I must say, although Beyonce is hot, her performance sucked too. But what else would you expect from the MTV Video awards. Duran Duran reuniting? Need I say more. Who really cares? If the Stones showed up, it would just prompt accusations from people like jb that they were appealing to a younger crowd and selling out. Oh, why can't the Stones be more like Neil Young and not look so foolish whenever they try to hook up with other artists (however they go for teeny-acts while Neil just plays with Pearl Jam, etc.).
08-30-03 09:17 PM
jwoe cool publicity stunt - i like it - i like it - yes i do

maybe mick will get lucky enough to get in on this - but leave madonna out - she's a bit old for mick - haha
08-31-03 12:44 AM
JaggaRichards
quote:
Joey wrote:
" Madonna has always gone both ways. Its nothing new for her. "

Madonna absolutely LOVES Puss Puss .

What about wolf puss?
08-31-03 01:12 AM
FPM C10 Mick likes Coldplay too.

I thought the kiss shoulda lasted a little longer.

Maybe a snowball next time.
08-31-03 01:31 AM
Boomy Snowball????????????????????????????????????????????????

But from who????????????????????????????????????????

Timberlake?????????
09-01-03 01:50 PM
Pattie
Duran Duran, that was just...urghhhh. Lifetime achievement award? jeez, who's next? Wham?
09-01-03 02:47 PM
Sir Stonesalot God is a Penn State fan. That is why the sky is blue & white. And the Lions will smite Nebraska down for taking the Lord's name in vain at QB.

You dumbass Cornfuckers should learn how to spell. You spell about as well as Nebraska plays football.

Oh...and the NITTANY Lions do not belong to me....they belong to the ages.

However, since the game is in the middle of a cornfield, I predict it will be a close game. Penn State wins in the closing seconds by a field goal...PSU-13, Neb-10
09-01-03 03:18 PM
gypsy Actually, Joey is considered a genius in Nebraska.
09-01-03 04:17 PM
Honky Tonk Man I watched most of the MTV VMA yesterday and it was fucking awful! Almost the whole thing. The Maddona stunt was a huge let down. The tabloids in the UK really played it up. That wasn't a proper kiss.

It was all rubbish except for Beyonce.

Alex

09-01-03 04:48 PM
glencar They still have VMAs? Wha the fu??????
09-01-03 05:58 PM
Trey Krimsin What you should have said was "They play videos?"
09-01-03 11:01 PM
gypsy I just watched them today...boring. Same old shit...like the only music out there was by the same damn people again. Madonna always trying to be cutting edge, but everything she does is so cliche...like the Paris hotel room for the "Justify My Love" video.
The only thing I liked about the show was Chris Rock...he is always funny.
09-01-03 11:17 PM
Trey Krimsin That's what I felt about the show as well. One big boring show.
09-01-03 11:36 PM
Boomy You remember that show that used to be on MTV? "Yo! MTV Raps!!"? Well, they should just call MTV that because that's all it is.

Shit, no White Stripes, no Audioslave, no rock n' roll...geez louise. Fuckin' Justin, everybody all of the sudden into Coldplay, some material girl on stage kissin' a Mickey Mouse girl so she could sell two more albums. Yeah, MTV rocks, don't it???

I'd hate to say it, but it does look like the 80's were better!!! I love the 80's!!!
09-01-03 11:47 PM
Trey Krimsin MTV is all pop and rap. I am surprised when I see a rock video on there. It's usually at a time when most of the MTV audience never seems to watch: late night. When I mean late night, I mean 2 or 3 AM, when they aren't showing unannounced marathons of The Real World.
09-02-03 08:59 AM
Factory Girl Hey Trey! Welcome to Rocks Off!
09-02-03 10:19 AM
jb I bought my 10 year old the 50 Cent cd and poster this weekend....the edited version which omits the profanity..I felt a little hypocritical with the censored version but it's different when your a parent...plus he already has a foul mouth...at a recent youth league soocer all-star game I was riding him harder than Robert Duvall did to his son in "The great santini"..At one point I told him to score a goal or get out, and heard him reply "fuck you" dad.
[Edited by jb]
Page: 1 2