ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board

[THE WET PAGE] [IORR NEWS] [IORR TOUR SCHEDULE 2003] [LICKS TOUR EN ESPAŅOL] [SETLISTS 1962-2003] [THE A/V ROOM] [THE ART GALLERY] [MICK JAGGER] [KEITHFUCIUS] [CHARLIE WATTS ] [RON WOOD] [BRIAN JONES] [MICK TAYLOR] [BILL WYMAN] [IAN STEWART ] [NICKY HOPKINS] [MERRY CLAYTON] [IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN] [BERNARD FOWLER] [LISA FISCHER] [DARRYL JONES] [BOBBY KEYS] [JAMES PHELGE] [CHUCK LEAVELL] [LINKS] [PHOTOS] [MAGAZINE COVERS] [MUSIC COVERS ] [JIMI HENDRIX] [BOOTLEGS] [TEMPLE] [GUESTBOOK] [ADMIN]

[CHAT ROOM aka THE FUN HOUSE] [RESTROOMS]

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED) inside.
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Cast your prediction - Wyman @ Wembley tonight Return to archive
08-29-03 09:01 AM
steel driving hammer Sheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeet no.
08-29-03 09:39 AM
steel driving hammer But you would think they have to do something special tonight right?
08-29-03 09:39 AM
Jumacfly why not?? with bob marley as opener and mick Taylor as backing vocals instead of lisa....i m still disapointed by the astoria story...sorry!
08-29-03 09:46 AM
steel driving hammer Yup, I was disapointed at the Astoria show, but now I'm more confused than disapointed.

But tonight may just be the Last Time they play in Wembley and they have no inflatable women, no guests, just Stones which I guess is good enough no?

It's going to be interesting to see...
08-29-03 09:48 AM
nankerphelge I predict that the Stones asked Bill to play, but purposely told him the wrong date! Wyman will show up with his bass and some fancy duds, but not until the day after the show.
The sound of crickets will fill the air at Wembly and Bill, after realizing he was duped, will be fuming.

He and Mick Taylor will then open a chain of fast food restaurants called "Quitters" until Bill gets pissed that Mick is eating all the burgers and they only made $3.52 in their first year in business.

I know - it's a long-shot...
08-29-03 11:05 AM
jb Yes...Bill Wyman, Mick Taylor, and even Billy Preston and Nicky Hopkins corpse will all show up and the boot will be killer...right Marko?
08-29-03 11:08 AM
Jumacfly LOL Nanky!! beware , the Taylorite will fall on you like tropical rain!
08-29-03 11:47 AM
L&A Bill Wyman or Mick Taylor will never play again with the Stones. MJ and KR will never admit that the Stones from the 60'-70's were better than the Stones from today. They don't see any reason to bring the former band back to life.
IMO.
08-29-03 11:59 AM
steel driving hammer Sirmoonie if your reading this, have a FUCKING BLAST tonight!

Dance, drink and remember the time.
08-29-03 12:13 PM
KeithRichards210
quote:
L&A wrote:
Bill Wyman or Mick Taylor will never play again with the Stones. MJ and KR will never admit that the Stones from the 60'-70's were better than the Stones from today. They don't see any reason to bring the former band back to life.
IMO.

As much as this Taylorite hates to admit it, I agree. Shit.
08-29-03 12:24 PM
jb If you look at it objectively, the Stones are not the only band to have this problem. Look, the Beatles , everyones favorite all time band sans me, had plenty of opportunities to re-unite or atleast play together and neve did. Roger Waters left Pink Floyd, another band more popular than the Stones, and they went on to bigger tours and they refuse to play togehter. I guess it's not that uncommon -even Van Halen, another band arguably more popular than the Stones, could not get it together and have Roth join them again.
As a huge MT fan, I am genuinely saddened by the apparent inability of either side to put differences aside and to creat that magic again, if only for one song. But in the end, it's their decision and there is not a thing any of us can do about it.
08-29-03 12:35 PM
steel driving hammer
quote:
jb wrote:
As a huge MT fan, I am genuinely saddened by the apparent inability of either side to put differences aside and to creat that magic again, if only for one song. But in the end, it's their decision and there is not a thing any of us can do about it.

Currently, each member likes something different. Yet they put it all aside to perform for us. I think the Stones ARE a band that DO put aside their differences.

It's just too bad Taylor couldn't have it his way at the Astoria.

08-29-03 12:38 PM
Sir Stonesalot >But in the end, it's their decision and there is not a thing any of us can do about it.<

That's the first sensible thing that you've posted in your strive for 5.

08-29-03 12:41 PM
jb SS-why could you not atleast congratulate me yesterday...I always include you as a friend for what you did for me and shall always appreciate it...plus, I am a democrat...I just supported Bush on the war.... You didn't even offer me a prize which you have done for other less notable occassions.
[Edited by jb]
08-29-03 12:45 PM
KeithRichards210
quote:
jb wrote:
SS-why could you not atleast congratulate me yesterday...I always include you as a friend for what you did for me and shall always appreciate it...plus, I am a democrat...I just supported Bush on the war.... You didn't even offer me a prize which you have done for other less notable occassions.
[Edited by jb]

What some cheese with your WHIIIIIINE??
08-29-03 01:11 PM
riffhard64
Posted 08-29-03 08:47 AM
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Bill Wyman or Mick Taylor will never play again with the Stones. MJ and KR will never admit that the Stones from the 60'-70's were better than the Stones from today. They don't see any reason to bring the former band back to life.
IMO.

I think you nailed it perfectly!
08-29-03 02:01 PM
Sir Stonesalot Hey jb...when you reach 5000 QUALITY posts, I will offer you a suitable prize. Right now, I have you down for 12 quality posts. Only 4988 more quality posts to go.
08-29-03 02:10 PM
KeithRichards210
quote:
Sir Stonesalot wrote:
Hey jb...when you reach 5000 QUALITY posts, I will offer you a suitable prize. Right now, I have you down for 12 quality posts. Only 4988 more quality posts to go.

There was 12??? Damn! I guess I've got a lot of catching up to do...
08-29-03 02:19 PM
Child of the Moon
quote:
KeithRichards210 wrote:

There was 12??? Damn! I guess I've got a lot of catching up to do...

Man, just take your time. I've been here longer than jb, and I have far fewer posts under my belt. I just like to think a little first before I post...

Just kidding, Josh. Nice job on the 5K. Here's to another 5.
08-29-03 05:11 PM
kath "I predict that the Stones asked Bill to play, but purposely told him the wrong date! Wyman will show up with his bass and some fancy duds, but not until the day after the show.
The sound of crickets will fill the air at Wembly and Bill, after realizing he was duped, will be fuming.

He and Mick Taylor will then open a chain of fast food restaurants called "Quitters" until Bill gets pissed that Mick is eating all the burgers and they only made $3.52 in their first year in business.

I know - it's a long-shot..."

excellent scenario...especially the MT eating the burgers visual. very nice indeed.

08-30-03 09:27 PM
Gazza SDH>But tonight may just be the Last Time they play in Wembley

I sincerely hope not as I have tickets to see them at the same venue on September 14 and 15th!!!

no way was Bill gonna be playing that show. His recent comments about how he cant stand the music theyve played in the last few years would make all of them look very hypocritical if they brought him onstage