ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board

[THE WET PAGE] [IORR NEWS] [IORR TOUR SCHEDULE 2003] [LICKS TOUR EN ESPAŅOL] [SETLISTS 1962-2003] [THE A/V ROOM] [THE ART GALLERY] [MICK JAGGER] [KEITHFUCIUS] [CHARLIE WATTS ] [RON WOOD] [BRIAN JONES] [MICK TAYLOR] [BILL WYMAN] [IAN STEWART ] [NICKY HOPKINS] [MERRY CLAYTON] [IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN] [BERNARD FOWLER] [LISA FISCHER] [DARRYL JONES] [BOBBY KEYS] [JAMES PHELGE] [CHUCK LEAVELL] [LINKS] [PHOTOS] [MAGAZINE COVERS] [MUSIC COVERS ] [JIMI HENDRIX] [BOOTLEGS] [TEMPLE] [GUESTBOOK] [ADMIN]

[CHAT ROOM aka THE FUN HOUSE] [RESTROOMS]

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED) inside.
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Mick Taylor Return to archive
08-25-03 06:29 PM
Miss U. Hi...just wanted to share these pix I took of the talented & cute Mick Taylor, lol:

This first one was already a header here:

And more of my pix from that show in Toronto:

Here I was sitting right on the edge of the stage! Best view in the house.

[Edited by Miss U.]
08-25-03 07:16 PM
LadyJane Nice shots, Brenda

Now where is your review???

LadyJ.
08-25-03 08:21 PM
Lazy Bones Very nice, indeed. Thanks for sharing.
08-25-03 09:05 PM
Child of the Moon Y'know, I used to call him "Lil' Mick"... but I think he's officially earned the title of "Big Mick."

Seriously, I love the guy. Great shots, Brenda!
08-26-03 02:44 AM
hotlicks Thanks Miss U, i think Mick needs to get down to the gym right away or take up running!!! I'll be there at the 101 club on thurs night-let's hope the old bastard delivers!
08-26-03 10:37 AM
Mother baby Who's the other cat playing guitar?
08-26-03 11:08 AM
Jumping Jack Poor bastard looks worse than Keef.
08-26-03 12:41 PM
Poor Bastard Hey now, be nice, I'm the poor bastard.

Glenn
08-26-03 01:29 PM
KeithRichards210
quote:
Jumping Jack wrote:
Poor bastard looks worse than Keef.

WORSE? nah. Though Mick is catching up..lol
However, the man can still play circles around his replacement.
08-26-03 02:06 PM
Cant Catch Me Nice pics, Miss U., thanks for posting 'em!

Does anybody else out there think that Mick T's unmatched ability to sweat profusedly might somehow be intertwined with his virtuoso guitar playing? Y'know, something like . . . fat, molten droplets of silvery sound splashing from his fingertips like warm raindrops from a summer thundershower . . . ?
08-26-03 02:50 PM
TheSavageYoungXyzzy
quote:
Cant Catch Me wrote:
Nice pics, Miss U., thanks for posting 'em!

Does anybody else out there think that Mick T's unmatched ability to sweat profusedly might somehow be intertwined with his virtuoso guitar playing? Y'know, something like . . . fat, molten droplets of silvery sound splashing from his fingertips like warm raindrops from a summer thundershower . . . ?

No. I sweat like a motherfucker when I'm on stage, and I can't play the guitar for shit. If anything, it makes your fingers more slipp'ry.

On the plus side, it does make you sparkle under the stage lights! Go Micky T. go! Sweat out those molten droplets of silvery sound!

-tSYX --- I can say she's all right...
08-26-03 03:15 PM
Miss U. I think Mick is cuter than Keith. And he seems to have lost weight, so that's good. But he's not 20 anymore. The pix TT took are from a more flattering angle.
It was really HOT LIKE HELL in that bar, over 35*C and very little A.C. Esp with the stagelights, you can even see in some of these pix, the sweatstains on his pants around the knees.
MotherBaby, the other guy playing guitar...I think his name is Glenn. The whole back-up band is from Ottawa and they call themselves Silver Train. One of the guys in the band plans on starting up a Canadian website for MT. The keyboard player's site is at peterbrown.ca
Lady Jane, I posted my review around Aug 14th I think, in another separate post.
HotLicks you're lucky to be going! Make sure you post a review and take lotsa pix.
[Edited by Miss U.]
08-27-03 01:27 PM
Poor Bastard Yes, the band is from Ottawa and the other guitarist is Glenn. It was great to play with Mick, he's simply the best in my view. For those of you who were at the 360 in T.O. you know that it was a pressure cooker, everyone lost some weight that night. By the way, Brenda did you ever make it to Ottawa?? I had a ticket waiting for you?
Bye,
Glenn
08-27-03 01:38 PM
caro Hey, Poor bastard/Glenn, so you're really the guy playing up there? Then maybe you could share your review of the evening
08-27-03 01:42 PM
caro oops, we must've posted at the same time. Anyway, how did you get to play with Mick T?
08-27-03 03:09 PM
Miss U. OMG, Glenn/Poor Bastard, it's you! I called Tucson's on the Tuesday at 3 PM...I was next on the waiting list, but didn't hear anything after that. You had a ticket for me??...I didn't know. I thought all the comp tickets had been used up already, and thought I was still on the waiting list for the guest list too. Anyway, that was very nice of you to do that!! Thanks. Hope to see you guys next year when MT is back. Keep in touch.

I did go to Ottawa for the show the day of the blackout...called in sick at work for 2 days...
here's what happened (wrote this after the blackout):

~~~Disaster!!
I left Thursday around noon to go to Ottawa to try to get in to see
Mick Taylor. Unfortunately when I got there, the Big Blackout had
already occurred around 4 PM. Needless to say, MT's gig at Tucson's
was off as the bar was closed & most of the city & other cities in
Eastern USA & Canada blacked out.
Returned to Toronto late Friday evening, and had to walk up over 20
flights of stairs to get into my sauna--err, darkened apartment.
Apparently the MT gig is postponed to this coming Tuesday. It will be
difficult to go unless I can get time off work on such short notice &
have some kind of guarantee of a ticket.
Too bad, really want to see MT again.~~~~

[Edited by Miss U.]
08-28-03 10:25 AM
Poor Bastard What a drag Brenda, Ed had told me about you so after hearing I made sure you were going to get in. I don't know what you look like so that made it a little difficult. I spoke with lots of people after the 360, I guess one of them was you.
Next time....

How did I hook up with Mick someone asked? Long, very long story. I guess he liked what he heard from us.

When I have more time I'd be happy to answer whatever I can.

See ya,

Glenn
08-29-03 02:42 PM
Miss U. Hey Glenn, I was the blonde one.
Anyways feel free to drop me a line if you want

[email protected]
09-01-03 04:47 PM
Martini Two words after seeing those Mick T. pics = shar pei

09-01-03 04:51 PM
nankerphelge Wait til you see Jerry Lewis!
09-01-03 04:53 PM
glencar I saw Mick T a few years back at Wetlands in NYC. Then I became part of his crew & got to stay in the Trump Marina for a show down there (thanks, Carol R.!). He played well but he's definitely a casualty of the 70s. His minders were concerned about possible drug couriers getting near him. He was very, very quiet & went off on his own for some MickyD's while the rest of his band went out for a couple of drinks. He sure caan play though. It looks like he has been eating more Micky D's tahn ever.