ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Licks World Tour 2002 - 2003

Fleet Center, Boston - September 3, 2002
Brian Rasic - Thanks Moy!

WEBRADIO CHANNELS:
[Ch1: Sike-ay-delic 60's] [Random Sike-ay-delia] [Ch3: British Invasion]

[THE WET PAGE] [IORR NEWS] [IORR TOUR SCHEDULE] [SETLISTS 62-99] [THE A/V ROOM] [THE ART GALLERY] [MICK JAGGER] [KEITHFUCIUS] [CHARLIE WATTS ] [RON WOOD] [BRIAN JONES] [MICK TAYLOR] [BILL WYMAN] [IAN STEWART ] [NICKY HOPKINS] [MERRY CLAYTON] [IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN] [BERNARD FOWLER] [LISA FISCHER] [DARRYL JONES] [BOBBY KEYS] [JAMES PHELGE] [CHUCK LEAVELL] [LINKS] [PHOTOS] [MAGAZINE COVERS] [MUSIC COVERS ] [JIMI HENDRIX] [BOOTLEGS] [TEMPLE] [GUESTBOOK] [ADMIN]

[CHAT ROOM aka THE FUN HOUSE] [RESTROOMS]

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED) inside.
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch

ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: "Straight To My Heart" recorded in 2000 ?! Return to archive
09-04-02 02:25 PM
gotdablouse At least according to this:
http://www.rollingstones.com/jukebox/29.html
Seems a bit odd but then again Charlie mentions that it was recorded in London and I don't recall reading about any session on London this year or in 2000 for that matter. Also it contradics Mick's statement that all these songs are brand new.
Hum...
09-05-02 03:58 AM
zyggy_baker Well. I would have thought it was obvious. It was a mistake. It's not difficult to make a mistake like that.
09-05-02 04:20 AM
Mathijs There�s more strange things to find on this jukebox. It seems that an average fan of the Stones knows more about them than the Stones do! Did you know that Jumping Jack Flash was released in 1970, Brown Sugar in 1981, Mixed Emotions in 1994, and that Honky Tonk Women originally appeared on Get Your Ya-Ya�s Out in 1970? Well, I didn�t. And finally we get the right spelling of the names of two sidemen: Chuck Lavelle and Bobby Keyes.

Also the remarks of the Stones themselves are somewhat strange sometimes. As we all know Keith likes to bend the truth somewhat to spice up a story over the last years. But lately he changes the stories over and over. He says Tumbling Dice was done in ten minutes because the guitar riff was a gift, while he normally tells in interviews that TD took weeks to record. Jimmy Miller recalls the recording of TD as �days and days of listening to Keith practising the intro�. Also, he says Mixed Emotions was actually called Mick�s Demotion. Well, sounds nice, but this name was a joke by Wood in 1994 in a Rolling Stone article called �Mick�s Emotions�.

Further, Mick Taylor is completely neglected on this site. Even so, that Jagger now bends the truth. Jagger and Richards both praised Taylor�s Nashville tuned acoustic guitar on Wild Horses (that�s the 12-string guitar sound on the recording). Now suddenly Jagger mentions �the 12-string guitar was Keith I think�.

But it seems the Stones are putting real effort into multimedia and internet, it�s great to have the video of SFM of Boston! I hope they will continue putting up tracks from shows!

Mathijs
----------------------------------------------------------------
The Rolling Stones in Review

URL: http://stonesinreview.tiscaliweb.nl/
E-Mail: [email protected]

Bootlegs for Sale
The Lowdown on the Guitars of Keith Richards
Bootleg Reviews
Brussels Affair 1973
Vinyl Gang Productions / The Swingin' Pig
----------------------------------------------------------------
09-05-02 07:07 AM
Soul Survivor
quote:
Mathijs wrote:
There�s more strange things to find on this jukebox. It seems that an average fan of the Stones knows more about them than the Stones do! Did you know that Jumping Jack Flash was released in 1970, Brown Sugar in 1981, Mixed Emotions in 1994, and that Honky Tonk Women originally appeared on Get Your Ya-Ya�s Out in 1970? Well, I didn�t. And finally we get the right spelling of the names of two sidemen: Chuck Lavelle and Bobby Keyes.

Also the remarks of the Stones themselves are somewhat strange sometimes. As we all know Keith likes to bend the truth somewhat to spice up a story over the last years. But lately he changes the stories over and over. He says Tumbling Dice was done in ten minutes because the guitar riff was a gift, while he normally tells in interviews that TD took weeks to record. Jimmy Miller recalls the recording of TD as �days and days of listening to Keith practising the intro�. Also, he says Mixed Emotions was actually called Mick�s Demotion. Well, sounds nice, but this name was a joke by Wood in 1994 in a Rolling Stone article called �Mick�s Emotions�.

Further, Mick Taylor is completely neglected on this site. Even so, that Jagger now bends the truth. Jagger and Richards both praised Taylor�s Nashville tuned acoustic guitar on Wild Horses (that�s the 12-string guitar sound on the recording). Now suddenly Jagger mentions �the 12-string guitar was Keith I think�.

But it seems the Stones are putting real effort into multimedia and internet, it�s great to have the video of SFM of Boston! I hope they will continue putting up tracks from shows!

Mathijs

You're right about everything....except "Honky Tonk Woman" was a single and wasnt on an album. The first time it appeared on an official album was 'Ya Ya's'. So I think they are right about that one
09-05-02 07:24 AM
Mathijs Honky Tonk Woman was originally released on Through the Past, Darkly on September 12, 1969. The single was released July 4, 1969.

Mathijs
09-05-02 07:26 AM
Soul Survivor But it was a compilation album. I mean, you may be right........but that website is fucked up
09-05-02 07:32 AM
Maxlugar It was released as a single BEFORE Ya Ya's. Never mind that it was on a compilation album. It seems to me those descriptions were thrown together by some college kid.

M!