ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
A Bigger Bang Tour 2007

© 2007 Ronnie Wood - Thanks speedfreakjive
[ ROCKSOFF.ORG ] [ IORR NEWS ] [ SETLISTS 1962-2006 ] [ FORO EN ESPAÑOL ] [ BIT TORRENT TRACKER ] [ BIT TORRENT HELP ] [ BIRTHDAY'S LIST ] [ MICK JAGGER ] [ KEITHFUCIUS ] [ CHARLIE WATTS ] [ RONNIE WOOD ] [ BRIAN JONES ] [ MICK TAYLOR ] [ BILL WYMAN ] [ IAN "STU" STEWART ] [ NICKY HOPKINS ] [ MERRY CLAYTON ] [ IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN ] [ LINKS ] [ PHOTOS ] [ JIMI HENDRIX ] [ TEMPLE ] [GUESTBOOK ] [ ADMIN ]
CHAT ROOM aka The Fun HOUSE Rest rooms last days
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: "No Plans to Retire - We'll never stop!" - Ronnie Return to archive Page: 1 2 3
28th August 2007 09:32 AM
Gazza From The Sun's 'Bizarre' column today by Victoria Newton

Rolling Rolling Rolling Stones

August 28, 2007

RONNIE WOOD has told me the ROLLING STONES have no plans to retire after a storming finish to their Bigger Bang tour.

The band were at London’s O2 Arena to close their epic two-year stint on the road — and it was the best of the shows I’ve been lucky enough to see.

I caught up with rocker Ronnie in his dressing room and he promises the band will be back on stage again before long — despite rumours this tour would be their last.

But Ronnie, who turned 60 in June, does plan to take a well-earned break during which he’ll get back to doing some more painting.

He said: “We need a rest but of course we will tour again. We’ll never stop!”

Glad to hear it.

Ron celebrated his 60th birthday in real style this weekend — with a giant guitar-shaped cake from The Sun.

And he was regaling me with tales about the impressive gipsy-themed party his beautiful wife Jo threw for him at their home in Kingston, Surrey, on Friday night.

His kids bought him a Romany caravan for his big day.

Ronnie said: “I may be off the booze but I was still the last one to bed. I’m still the most badly behaved out of everyone, I think.”

Guests at the bash — which featured gipsy music, dancers and magician Dynamo — included bandmate MICK JAGGER, snooker’s RONNIE O’SULLIVAN and movie beauty SIENNA MILLER.

Also there was the extended Stones clan, with the offspring of each member proving they can party just as hard as their famous dads.

But the one thing Ronnie didn’t have at the party was a big cake — so he was thrilled to accept one from me on behalf of Sun readers.

He said: “Wow, the cake is amazing. Thank you. It looks too good to eat.”

Drummer CHARLIE WATTS was equally impressed, saying: “Look at that, that’s amazing.”

Don’t worry Charlie, you can have a piece later.

Such is the politics of the Stones camp that I almost didn’t make it backstage at the O2 Arena over fears frontman Mick would get his tight knickers in a twist.

But I braved the frontline to make it back to Ronnie’s room, where I found him surrounded by family and friends.

I couldn’t resist adding a packet of fags to the top of the cake after all the fuss caused by Ronnie and Keef lighting up on stage at the O2 last week in defiance of the smoking ban.

I heard a rumour the band were hit with a £7,500 fine — although officially that has been denied.

When asked about it, Ronnie said: “The fags were there and I just fancied one.”

Let’s face it, it’s the most rock ’n’ roll thing the Stones have done for years so I don’t know why some aides for the band have been so worried about it.

I also hear the plush Savoy hotel made special arrangements for the Stones to enjoy a crafty fag indoors.

But if you’re booking 70 rooms for the after-tour party, then allowing the biggest band in the world a spot to smoke is a small price to pay.

Link & pic here - http://www.thesun.co.uk/article/0,,4-2007390896,00.html
28th August 2007 09:42 AM
Steel Wheels Ah, yes! Thanks for posting. I loved every word.

The Rolling Stones will roll back soon. I want a Shine A Light tour!
28th August 2007 09:44 AM
stewed & Keefed Picture of the cake.

28th August 2007 09:51 AM
FotiniD Wow, great cake indeed.

Love Woody's optimism
28th August 2007 10:03 AM
Joey

I am now so excited that I am typing this with my nipples AND penis
28th August 2007 12:11 PM
pdog type with your wallet
28th August 2007 12:13 PM
mojoman never stop-new single?
28th August 2007 12:14 PM
pdog never don't start me up
28th August 2007 12:22 PM
Joey

I am looking forward to the shows next year in India , Thailand & Vietnam ( Ho Chi Minh City ?!?! )

Perhaps even Beijing again ( hoping for a picture of the band sharing a joint on the GREAT WALL OF CHINA !!! )

Developing ......................

Joey Cong ! ™
28th August 2007 12:24 PM
gimmekeef
quote:
pdog wrote:
never don't start me up

I Cant Get Enough Money?..I try and I try and I try....cant you see I'm on a winning streak....
28th August 2007 12:26 PM
pdog damn Joey, you're fucking weird!

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket
28th August 2007 01:42 PM
Mr Jurkka Yeah i was hoping to hear that.. Start the stones and they... well you know the rest.
28th August 2007 01:56 PM
glencar I won't believe it until they get up on stage!
28th August 2007 02:09 PM
polytoxic Believe me, I WANT another go-round, especially if it means another show in Toronto. But remember all that talk about how the band was going to go into the studio "hot" after LIcks and cut that killer album they've been talking about.
Remember all the "club and theatre" shows this tour.
The talk is always there.
Hey, if there's a Shine A Light tour, I say bring it on.
But there's some long months between now and January when they'd even consider it on any practical level.
28th August 2007 02:20 PM
Joey
quote:
polytoxic wrote:
Believe me, I WANT another go-round, especially if it means another show in Toronto. But remember all that talk about how the band was going to go into the studio "hot" after LIcks and cut that killer album they've been talking about.
Remember all the "club and theatre" shows this tour.
The talk is always there.
Hey, if there's a Shine A Light tour, I say bring it on.
But there's some long months between now and January when they'd even consider it on any practical level.

Stones is Stones Baby --- this thing is bigger than ALL of us !!!!!!!

'kins .
28th August 2007 02:21 PM
Jaggedblues I'd give my left nut for another tour so Ronnie's words are the best news I've had all day. Besides they're too young to fade into the sunset and I haven't seen them enough times for them to retire just yet. MSG '08? Oh my yes.
28th August 2007 03:04 PM
bilsim Absolutely delighted, I never thought they'd spliy, but it's great to hear it from Ronnie, the stones will keep rolling forever!
28th August 2007 03:07 PM
LadyJane
quote:
Jaggedblues wrote:
I'd give my left nut for another tour so Ronnie's words are the best news I've had all day. Besides they're too young to fade into the sunset and I haven't seen them enough times for them to retire just yet. MSG '08? Oh my yes.

Welcome to RO Jaggedblues!

LJ.
[Edited by LadyJane]
28th August 2007 03:08 PM
LadyJane
quote:
bilsim wrote:
Absolutely delighted, I never thought they'd spliy, but it's great to hear it from Ronnie, the stones will keep rolling forever!

Aha!

My texting partner is posting!!!!

Great job Sunday!!!

LJ.
28th August 2007 03:10 PM
Joey
quote:
Jaggedblues wrote:
MSG '08? Oh my yes.

I feel ya .......................

Here is my ' gut feeling ' as to which arenas in the United States are virtually a lock for a Rolling Stones gig next summer :

New York -- MSG
Chicago -- United Center
L. A. -- Staples
Minneapolis - Xcel Baby
Omaha -- Qwest Center
Des Moines - Wells Fargo Center
K.C. -- Sprint Center
Dallas -- American airlines
Denver -- Pepsi Center
San Antonio - A T & T Center

Developing ..........................
28th August 2007 03:24 PM
charlotte Atlanta is a shoe in and I just heard that Greensboro NC could be on the list...
28th August 2007 03:27 PM
LadyJane Are you guys SURE we aren't jumping the gun???
they just finished a 2 year Tour.

Whatever y'all are hearing I hope it includes a NEW stage, NEW setlists, NEW Tour Title and NO stadiums.

LJ.
28th August 2007 03:38 PM
Joey
quote:

LadyJane wrote:
Are you guys SURE we aren't jumping the gun???
they just finished a 2 year Tour.

Yes , but the entire , ENTIRE world has an insatiable appetite for THE STONES .
28th August 2007 03:44 PM
gimmekeef
quote:
charlotte wrote:
Atlanta is a shoe in and I just heard that Greensboro NC could be on the list...

ATLANTA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!..Okay how did you get this info???..lmao...I saved and renewed one membership on this gamble..soooooooo....throw me a bone pluuuueezzzzzeeee!!!!

PS Joey...the first 3 stops yes..That Mid WEST Mini Tour?...nada..sorry...but come to Atlanta!
[Edited by gimmekeef]
28th August 2007 03:50 PM
Joey
quote:
charlotte wrote:
Atlanta is a shoe in and I just heard that Greensboro NC could be on the list...

Yes , I have heard that information too ( ....from some extremely , EXTREMELY reliable sources )

additionally :

Charlotte, NC -- Charlotte Bobcats Arena

" Hell , I am moist Ronnie !!! "

Jacky Cakes !!!
28th August 2007 04:22 PM
charlotte LJ, it will all be new...new stage, new name, I cannot say about the set list-we know where that comes from about a few hours before the show

hmmmm-Charlotte? either Greensboro (much bigger) or Charlotte...my bet is Greensboro(last time? 1975 plus I have been told that Greensboro will meet the high guarantee before Charlotte))

Atlanta is a stone favorite...the south will have at least two dates-Atlanta and Greensboro out of 20-25 dates

we did not start the talk about next year...they have

so excited I have been pounding gazza penis on Joey's tits
[Edited by charlotte]
28th August 2007 04:32 PM
gimmekeef My sources tell me..That I need better sources....
28th August 2007 04:33 PM
sammy davis jr. A "Crafty Fag"? Is that a cigarette with benefits?
28th August 2007 04:35 PM
mojoman
quote:
Joey wrote:

I feel ya .......................

Here is my ' gut feeling ' as to which arenas in the United States are virtually a lock for a Rolling Stones gig next summer :

New York -- MSG
Chicago -- United Center
L. A. -- Staples
Minneapolis - Xcel Baby
Omaha -- Qwest Center
Des Moines - Wells Fargo Center
K.C. -- Sprint Center
Dallas -- American airlines
Denver -- Pepsi Center
San Antonio - A T & T Center

Developing ..........................

No Philly?

WHY?
WHY?
WHY?
WHY?
WHY?
28th August 2007 04:54 PM
Joey
quote:
mojoman wrote:

No Philly?

WHY?
WHY?
WHY?
WHY?
WHY?

mojoman ..................

Please add the following to the list :

Philadelphia, PA -- The Wachovia Center

Auburn Hills, MI -- The Palace Of Auburn Hills

Developing ..................

Page: 1 2 3
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
The Rolling Stones World Tour 2005 Rolling Stones Bigger Bang Tour 2005 2006 Rolling Stones Forum - Rolling Stones Message Board - Mick Jagger - Keith Richards - Brian Jones - Charlie Watts - Ian Stewart - Stu - Bill Wyman - Mick Taylor - Ronnie Wood - Ron Wood - Rolling Stones 2005 Tour - Farewell Tour - Rolling Stones: Onstage World Tour A Bigger Bang US Tour

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED)