ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
A Bigger Bang Tour 2007

Đ 2007 Ronnie Wood - Thanks speedfreakjive
[ ROCKSOFF.ORG ] [ IORR NEWS ] [ SETLISTS 1962-2006 ] [ FORO EN ESPAŅOL ] [ BIT TORRENT TRACKER ] [ BIT TORRENT HELP ] [ BIRTHDAY'S LIST ] [ MICK JAGGER ] [ KEITHFUCIUS ] [ CHARLIE WATTS ] [ RONNIE WOOD ] [ BRIAN JONES ] [ MICK TAYLOR ] [ BILL WYMAN ] [ IAN "STU" STEWART ] [ NICKY HOPKINS ] [ MERRY CLAYTON ] [ IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN ] [ LINKS ] [ PHOTOS ] [ JIMI HENDRIX ] [ TEMPLE ] [GUESTBOOK ] [ ADMIN ]
CHAT ROOM aka The Fun HOUSE Rest rooms last days
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: DO YOU WANT TO TRADE MASSIVE RARE ROLLING STONES??? Return to archive Page: 1 2 3
29th August 2007 12:35 PM
marko I donīt have room for dvdīs,i got some,i used to have a lot
more,when vhs was still in fashion.To get that all again
on dvdīs,way too much work for me now.I donīt have that much time,or even will to do that.I used to collect every
damn version of each show.i just got bored,and dissapointed
doing that,too much shidoobies...you know,same shows over
and over again,with more or less complete&incomplete.
Same with the sound,i gave up,because i do better work,for
myself.So i started just keep the best possible one.
After the 1981 sbdīs came out,i donīt have the audience
ones anymore,besides,i knew these ones,better than my
pockets.
Dvdīs are great,but i got bored wathcing their live shows
after 1999.
But great documents are allways welcome.
Now who wants my Helsinki-07 on CD?
29th August 2007 12:36 PM
pdog
quote:
Dan wrote:
The only 2 things there are to do there is lots of meth and watch Rolling Stones DVDs.

it doesn't get any better than that now does it...
29th August 2007 02:13 PM
axl79
quote:
marko wrote:
I donīt have room for dvdīs,i got some,i used to have a lot
more,when vhs was still in fashion.To get that all again
on dvdīs,way too much work for me now.I donīt have that much time,or even will to do that.I used to collect every
damn version of each show.i just got bored,and dissapointed
doing that,too much shidoobies...you know,same shows over
and over again,with more or less complete&incomplete.
Same with the sound,i gave up,because i do better work,for
myself.So i started just keep the best possible one.
After the 1981 sbdīs came out,i donīt have the audience
ones anymore,besides,i knew these ones,better than my
pockets.
Dvdīs are great,but i got bored wathcing their live shows
after 1999.
But great documents are allways welcome.
Now who wants my Helsinki-07 on CD?

Hi Marko, nice to see you back. Are you going to upload it on the tracker ?
29th August 2007 02:54 PM
throbby It's hard for me to understand the need to have every single live recording. Certainly most bootlegs are of poor to average quality. Then there is the repetitive factor of the performances during each tour. Even if we had available every single Stones show in pristine soundboard quality, mixed to perfection, there still wouldn't be enough time for a somewhat active person to listen to it all. Surely burn out or boredom would set in.

I think on average a typical boot gets one or two spins and then collects dust on the shelf.
29th August 2007 03:11 PM
Dan
quote:
throbby wrote:
It's hard for me to understand the need to have every single live recording. Certainly most bootlegs are of poor to average quality. Then there is the repetitive factor of the performances during each tour. Even if we had available every single Stones show in pristine soundboard quality, mixed to perfection, there still wouldn't be enough time for a somewhat active person to listen to it all. Surely burn out or boredom would set in.

I think on average a typical boot gets one or two spins and then collects dust on the shelf.

When they started collecting dust on the shelf after 0 spins is when I cut way back. I tried with a few different bands for awhile but there is just so much stuff out there that I can feed the monkey through Dime downloads and there is actually a very small amount of stuff I am actively seeking that I will actually trade for (copying and burning is such a chore anymore).
29th August 2007 03:26 PM
Saint Sway
quote:
genembroxson wrote:

I much rather prefer BIG trades (did one for 140 discs earlier today, and am doing one for 120 tomorrow).

cheez-n-crackers!!!!! when do you even have the time??

oh yeah... meth valley
29th August 2007 03:48 PM
macman Well Im also a sick completist with nearly every 'circulating' tape but I only have less than a dozen DVDs. I have traded hundreds of CD-Rs with Geno and he is the real deal! He is definitely trustworthy and a very knowledgable individual when it comes to the Stones and always very generous. I wish I was as savvy with Excel spreadsheets as Gene is because my list could sure use some cleaning up!! Rock On Geno!!!
29th August 2007 11:34 PM
wattswood Hi, everyone

Wattswood, here. I'm not a regular poster here but I'm sure many of you know me through my dvd artworks.

I must have provided a hundred dvds to Gene through B&P and trades and I can say that the guy is perfectly OK. I know he has a huge list of boot cds but he only got into dvds recently.

I also created/provided dozens of artworks for some of Gene's dvds that I don't even have myself. I'm rather out of the trading thing these days. Just waiting for some new exclusive stuff to appear. I'm kinda bored with all these amateur videos, etc.

Gene is fair.

just my two cents.

Daniel ('Wattswood'on Shidoobee)
29th August 2007 11:56 PM
Zack
quote:
Lazy Bones wrote:

Sounds like someone with too much money...

Ha! I fucking wish! I'm struggling to put my kid through college if you must know. And in fact, owing to my career in the foreign service, I have not seen a Stones show since 1994.

I agree with Throbby - the majority of bootleg recordings sound like crap, and I repeat, how many versions of Brown Sugar does one really need, unless collecting is about the collection and not about the Stones?
30th August 2007 01:45 AM
marko Nope my dear mates,you got it wrong.Because i have listened
EVERY stones show what i have at least 2-3times.Crappy ones
that 1-3 times.The usual sounding boots are listened more
than 5times,i would say more than 10.I know their shows
from 1975-1994 from my back bone,and most of them after as well.Not very familiar with 2003-2007.Last year is least
interesting.This year is very good.
Actually,i donīt care about the sound,but a performance.
Great shows comes thru bad recording as well.
I will upload Helsinki,but i do few trades first.
30th August 2007 02:27 AM
Dan
quote:
Zack wrote:

Ha! I fucking wish! I'm struggling to put my kid through college if you must know. And in fact, owing to my career in the foreign service, I have not seen a Stones show since 1994.

I agree with Throbby - the majority of bootleg recordings sound like crap, and I repeat, how many versions of Brown Sugar does one really need, unless collecting is about the collection and not about the Stones?

I think you just nailed it right there.
30th August 2007 06:45 AM
Jumping Jack I have been away for a few days and am just catching up here.

Gene is the real deal, as honest as they come, and is offering an opportunity to acquire things you might not have. His list is as comprehensive as anyone I know.

I have done several major trades with him and vouch for him as a trading partner.

Gene - please do not take the RO members seriously as they are rarely serious about anything, their irreverence is part of their charm.
30th August 2007 10:22 AM
gustavobala where are your list?
30th August 2007 11:58 AM
genembroxson
quote:
gustavobala wrote:
where are your list?

Hello email me privately and I'll send it your way. my email address is:

[email protected]

Gene M. Broxson
30th August 2007 04:52 PM
ohnonot youagain Check your email please.
Page: 1 2 3
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
The Rolling Stones World Tour 2005 Rolling Stones Bigger Bang Tour 2005 2006 Rolling Stones Forum - Rolling Stones Message Board - Mick Jagger - Keith Richards - Brian Jones - Charlie Watts - Ian Stewart - Stu - Bill Wyman - Mick Taylor - Ronnie Wood - Ron Wood - Rolling Stones 2005 Tour - Farewell Tour - Rolling Stones: Onstage World Tour A Bigger Bang US Tour

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED)