ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
A Bigger Bang Tour 2007

© 2007 Ronnie Wood - Thanks speedfreakjive
[ ROCKSOFF.ORG ] [ IORR NEWS ] [ SETLISTS 1962-2006 ] [ FORO EN ESPAÑOL ] [ BIT TORRENT TRACKER ] [ BIT TORRENT HELP ] [ BIRTHDAY'S LIST ] [ MICK JAGGER ] [ KEITHFUCIUS ] [ CHARLIE WATTS ] [ RONNIE WOOD ] [ BRIAN JONES ] [ MICK TAYLOR ] [ BILL WYMAN ] [ IAN "STU" STEWART ] [ NICKY HOPKINS ] [ MERRY CLAYTON ] [ IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN ] [ LINKS ] [ PHOTOS ] [ JIMI HENDRIX ] [ TEMPLE ] [GUESTBOOK ] [ ADMIN ]
CHAT ROOM aka The Fun HOUSE Rest rooms last days
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: DO YOU WANT TO TRADE MASSIVE RARE ROLLING STONES??? Return to archive Page: 1 2 3
28th August 2007 02:06 PM
axl79 I just got Genes list and it's pretty amazing, but he still have some missing stuff.

28th August 2007 02:37 PM
LSTNT
quote:
Dan wrote:

If he already has just about everything - why 30 disc trades?

Dan

He is looking to build up his dvd collection, his cd collection is massive.
28th August 2007 02:41 PM
sirmoonie What is the biggest acid hit any of yins ever did? Like frisbee sized hit and stuff?
28th August 2007 02:49 PM
gimmekeef
quote:
sirmoonie wrote:
What is the biggest acid hit any of yins ever did? Like frisbee sized hit and stuff?

Ever try "Windowpane" acid?....very small clear squares....take 3 you were good for a week.Listened to YA YA'S about 500 times in a row....
28th August 2007 02:50 PM
mojoman
quote:
gimmekeef wrote:

Ever try "Windowpane" acid?....very small clear squares....take 3 you were good for a week.Listened to YA YA'S about 500 times in a row....

liquid?
28th August 2007 02:56 PM
sirmoonie
quote:
gimmekeef wrote:

Those were the days, hondokeef. Now all acid is standard 100 mics, you need like 5 hits just to watch a car breathe.
28th August 2007 03:04 PM
pdog I had alot of fun on acid... I got windowpane a few times... Best acid I ever did was stuff from a friend who did Dead tours. He hooked us punx up big time. Best times in NYC tripping balls. It was just plain white blotter, did 3 hits one time and tripped for almost 16 hours. i peaked for like 4 hurs. I was tripping like that the night Tosh was murdered.
28th August 2007 04:09 PM
Dan
quote:
pdog wrote:
I had alot of fun on acid... I got windowpane a few times... Best acid I ever did was stuff from a friend who did Dead tours. He hooked us punx up big time. Best times in NYC tripping balls. It was just plain white blotter, did 3 hits one time and tripped for almost 16 hours. i peaked for like 4 hurs. I was tripping like that the night Tosh was murdered.

SWIM had some at a concert about a year ago. A friend offered him some gel cap. He hadn't even seen it years and gobbled it down right then and there, still not quite sure if the friend was messing with him or not. He walked home from the concert, often forgetting his own name for long stretches of time and was also heavily disturbed by both street construction noises and police helicopters on the way. Also had some at the same place a few months before but it was nowhere near as potent.
28th August 2007 05:44 PM
mrhipfl I tripped once, on Salvia 20x extract. It wasn't very enjoyable. In fact, neither was weed nor alcohol. Nor coffee...I think I'm gonna end up staying completely clean for my whole life.
28th August 2007 06:16 PM
Lord (Hetero) Gene is above reproach, I can say that. he is definetly for real, and a hardcore collector and honest.
But I think he is running into the problem that traders and boot 'labels' are having now: no one is interested.
Whatever I really want I can pretty much find with minimal searching for free somewhere on the Net.
And I just don't see these Mega collectors around anymore. the guys that have to have every note ever played.
28th August 2007 09:08 PM
genembroxson
quote:
gimmekeef wrote:
Dont mean to throw rocks...but somehow this sounds a tad fishy?......

What's so fishy dude? There's 450 DVDs I need out there so I have to do some "fishing" (the only thing that smells bad is your nose up my ass you mistrustful little paranoic). If you doubt my sincerity or intentions, check out my trade list which is, to my knowledge, the biggest in the known world. Or ask any of the biggest European Rolling Stones traders there are who will vouch for my impeccable standing in the trading community for more than a decade.

I placed this ad to acquire the missing 450 DVDs that became too expensive for me to obtain from Europe due to the new postal increase. That is why I have tried to illicit contacts from the United States. This is not a scam. It is the chance for some fortunate tuned-in individuals to trade with a truly advanced collector (plus I'll get my 450 DVDs I need without spending a fortune in overseas postage).

Honesty is the best policy and I am as an honest and generous as they come. But don't take my word for it, check it out.

Gene M. Broxson

Gene M. Broxson ([email protected])
22676 Ottawa Road
Apple Valley, California 92308
28th August 2007 09:34 PM
genembroxson Yes Dan, some of us old-timers still do that. I love to trade, that is how I build my collection. I am not very computer literate, I do not download my stuff--I get it from the best guys in Europe, the old-fashioned way.

Trading establishes relationships and produces more volume and diverse recordings that the rather limited prospect of online hunting. Moreover, most of the stuff in my collection is not available through downloads. So, in answer to your inquiry, some of us phantom shadow super-collectors still do snail mail trades with often glorious results and rewards.

I have yet in my thirty-four years of collecting this music of the band I love, ever seen anyone with a private collection this big. For that reason, snail mail trades with Gene M. Broxson are quite profitable and interesting to say the least. You can get things from me that are not easily available elsewhere, it is that simple.

And last, but not least, a trade with me is the chance to meet and trade with a hard-core super-collector trading legend from the 1970's.

Gene M. Broxson

Gene M. Broxson
22676 Ottawa Road
28th August 2007 09:41 PM
Lazy Bones
quote:
genembroxson wrote:

What's so fishy dude? There's 450 DVDs I need out there so I have to do some "fishing" (the only thing that smells bad is your nose up my ass you mistrustful little paranoic). If you doubt my sincerity or intentions, check out my trade list which is, to my knowledge, the biggest in the known world. Or ask any of the biggest European Rolling Stones traders there are who will vouch for my impeccable standing in the trading community for more than a decade.

I placed this ad to acquire the missing 450 DVDs that became too expensive for me to obtain from Europe due to the new postal increase. That is why I have tried to illicit contacts from the United States. This is not a scam. It is the chance for some fortunate tuned-in individuals to trade with a truly advanced collector (plus I'll get my 450 DVDs I need without spending a fortune in overseas postage).

Honesty is the best policy and I am as an honest and generous as they come. But don't take my word for it, check it out.

Gene M. Broxson

Gene M. Broxson ([email protected])
22676 Ottawa Road

Someone on this planet has the biggest collection of Rolling Stones' material - perhaps it's you, I don't know. I do know, however, that a few shows from a few tours have not circulated - even in the elite traders' circle.

Here's my question - if this statement is true..."I have a 320-page trade list with every Rolling Stones concert and studio session ever recorded"...what exactly can people offer you to trade?
28th August 2007 09:44 PM
genembroxson
quote:
Dan wrote:

If he already has just about everything - why 30 disc trades?

Hi again Dan. I don't have everything...but almost. I still need about 450 of the 1100 Rolling Stones DVDs (I just started collecting them in 2005, so I am a late-comer to the scene in this regard).

I have requested 30-disc trades as a minimum--otherwise I am stuffing and folding a ton of pain-in-the ass envelopes. I much rather prefer BIG trades (did one for 140 discs earlier today, and am doing one for 120 tomorrow). I am a high-volume trader. I love to trade and record. But if I'm doing little five disc trades with twenty different guys it is slow, labor-intensive and exhaustive.

Less than thirty is kind of a waste of time, but, I will admit, most guys like to keep them down to ten-disc trades which is kind of silly I think.

Gene M. Broxson [email protected]

Gene M. Broxson
22676 Ottawa Road
28th August 2007 09:49 PM
Lazy Bones
quote:
genembroxson wrote:
I still need about 450 of the 1100 Rolling Stones DVDs

Good luck. I admire your dedication.
28th August 2007 09:56 PM
genembroxson [quote]mrhipfl wrote:
Are you sure you got room for all those bootlegs in your new 2 bedroom, 1 bathroom, single family home, Mr. Broxson?
[Edited by mrhipfl]

Just barely buddy. They are stacked to the ceiling in little white CD file boxes with artwork and jewel cases, with not much room for me to move around dancing each time I get a new one. Bar none, it is the single biggest bootleg collection that I've ever seen in my life, and, I must admit, I'm quite proud of it.

Regarding your thoughtless, inconsiderate, immature, and quite tacky comment about my small house: I recently moved back to my mom's house to care for her on a full-time basis (she is crippled with severe arthritis), so my collection is quite cramped and literally stacked to the ceiling. However, we are enlarging the house to accommodate my collection this coming spring.

Perhaps someday you too will have a nice collection that may require a house enlargement. But considering your moronic comment and intelligence level, I doubt it.

I've got no expectations...

Gene M. Broxson

Gene M. Broxson
22676 Ottawa Road
28th August 2007 10:00 PM
genembroxson
quote:
Lazy Bones wrote:

Good luck. I admire your dedication.

Well thank you. Hopefully, I will have some help in this regard. It is driving me crazy that there are 450 missing Rolling Stones DVDs that I don't have, but I am pursuing them diligently. It is too bad that I didn't hop on to the DVD bandwagon sooner---I was wasting my time getting an MA degree at CSUSB that has done nothing to help me earn a living (except worry me with student loan payments)!

Thank you for your kind words.

Gene M. Broxson
28th August 2007 10:07 PM
genembroxson
quote:
voodoopug wrote:

this post was on shidoobee and immediately deleted. I tend to agree. I personally would not initiate a trade with someone I am not familiar with for 30 discs, and in all honesty after seeing so many ripped of by our floridian friend, I avoid trading with anyone I don't know at all unless someone I know speaks up for them on their behalf.

I usually trade for 120 to 300 discs, but this is with people I know well. I suppose to test the waters I would do a few 10-disc trades. But I still think it's silly, too small to be of much benefit.

Besides, I am so well-known in Europe and the United States that anyone could eaily ask about me and get references to my stellar Stones bonafides.

Oh ye of little faith

You throw your pearls at swine...

Gene M. Broxson
28th August 2007 10:13 PM
genembroxson
quote:
throbby wrote:
I highly doubt you have every Rolling Stone concert ever recorded.

Do you want to bet on that sir?

I know you don't have any of my extremely rare un circulated private recordings.

What extremely rare uncirculated private recordings do you have? Are you sure you're not suffering from grandiose dellusions or perhaps are simply intoxicated? I thought I had everything.

I'd love to hear from you if you are really serious. Let's see what you've got--I raise you and I call (your bluff)show me the money and I'll show you mine. Let's see who's for real here...

28th August 2007 10:26 PM
mrhipfl
quote:
genembroxson wrote:
[quote]mrhipfl wrote:
Are you sure you got room for all those bootlegs in your new 2 bedroom, 1 bathroom, single family home, Mr. Broxson?
[Edited by mrhipfl]

Just barely buddy. They are stacked to the ceiling in little white CD file boxes with artwork and jewel cases, with not much room for me to move around dancing each time I get a new one. Bar none, it is the single biggest bootleg collection that I've ever seen in my life, and, I must admit, I'm quite proud of it.

Regarding your thoughtless, inconsiderate, immature, and quite tacky comment about my small house: I recently moved back to my mom's house to care for her on a full-time basis (she is crippled with severe arthritis), so my collection is quite cramped and literally stacked to the ceiling. However, we are enlarging the house to accommodate my collection this coming spring.

Perhaps someday you too will have a nice collection that may require a house enlargement. But considering your moronic comment and intelligence level, I doubt it.

Yikes, that hurt. Your post seriously made me cringe. Let me clear it up a bit (just so I don't look like a bigger asshole than I already am). I didn't try to make fun of you for living in a small house, I tried to freak you out by knowing your house. (I googled your address and saw for sale ads...)Kinda like in a thriller movie where the bad guy knows the good guy's every move, ya know? Anyways, SORRY. It's cool that you have such a huge collection, though it really wouldn't mean much to me. I'd rather have a big collection of ticket stubs
28th August 2007 10:32 PM
mrhipfl By the way, I think you took our sarcastic comments WAY too seriously.
28th August 2007 10:48 PM
genembroxson Yes Dan, some of us old-timers still do that. I love to trade, that is how I build my collection. I am not very computer literate, I do not download my stuff--I get it from the best guys in Europe, the old-fashioned way.

Trading establishes relationships and produces more volume and diverse recordings that the rather limited prospect of online hunting. Moreover, most of the stuff in my collection is not available through downloads. So, in answer to your inquiry, some of us phantom shadow super-collectors still do snail mail trades with often glorious results and rewards.

I have yet in my thirty-four years of collecting this music of the band I love, ever seen anyone with a private collection this big. For that reason, snail mail trades with Gene M. Broxson are quite profitable and interesting to say the least. You can get things from me that are not easily available elsewhere, it is that simple.

And last, but not least, a trade with me is the chance to meet and trade with a hard-core super-collector trading legend from the 1970's.

Gene M. Broxson

Gene M. Broxson
22676 Ottawa Road
28th August 2007 11:26 PM
Zack
quote:
genembroxson wrote:

A modest one, too. Me, I don't quite see the point. Do you collect the stuff to watch, or just to say you have it? I mean, how many fucking versions of Brown Sugar can you sit through? A bootleg DVD or CD is no substitute for a real show. A giant collection of ticket stubs is more prestigious.

P.S. I got this cool one called Cocksucker Blues. Ever heard of it?
29th August 2007 02:16 AM
Lazy Bones
quote:
Zack wrote:
A bootleg DVD or CD is no substitute for a real show. A giant collection of ticket stubs is more prestigious.

Sounds like someone with too much money...

Any idea how many cdrs and jewel cases I can buy with the price of one (cheap) Rolling Stones' concert ticket? I guess audio/video collecting is for the poor, non-dedicated folk. Guilty [blush]!

So, in the meantime, I beg to differ!
29th August 2007 02:25 AM
Dan
quote:

Wow, never heard of you but I have only been active in the 1980's, 1990's and 2000's.

Do you have Las Vegas 11/11/06? That's one that was recorded, by several people, but no one seems to have.
[Edited by Dan]
29th August 2007 03:27 AM
pdog snail mail trading is pretty much history. With torrents you can trade from your house and never have to worry about bad traders or people who use cheap cdr's.
There's flaws, but rare and easily caught and fixed. It's way cheaper and infinitely easier than mailing packages...
I'm not 100% certain, but the name sounds familar, I do think the guy is on the up and up... I think I may have traded with him years ago. I will say this, Gene don't sweat the sarcasm and suspicion. you never posted here before. We are a fiesty bunch and a stranger asking for big trades is a rather odd first post. Especially a site that people only torrent at, I don't think there's much trading, just gifts sent to friends and newbies, but snail mail is dead here outside of that.
29th August 2007 11:02 AM
genembroxson
quote:
Lazy Bones wrote:

Someone on this planet has the biggest collection of Rolling Stones' material - perhaps it's you, I don't know. I do know, however, that a few shows from a few tours have not circulated - even in the elite traders' circle.

Here's my question - if this statement is true..."I have a 320-page trade list with every Rolling Stones concert and studio session ever recorded"...what exactly can people offer you to trade?

Hello! I don't have everything...but almost. I still need about 450 of the 1100 Rolling Stones DVDs (I just started collecting them in 2005, so I am a late-comer to the scene in this regard).

I have requested 30-disc trades as a minimum--otherwise I am stuffing and folding a ton of pain-in-the ass envelopes. I much rather prefer BIG trades (did one for 140 discs earlier today, and am doing one for 120 tomorrow). I am a high-volume trader. I love to trade and record. But if I'm doing little five disc trades with twenty different guys it is slow, labor-intensive and exhaustive.

Less than thirty is kind of a waste of time, but, I will admit, most guys like to keep them down to ten-disc trades which is kind of silly I think.

However, I am now going to do even small trades (in the US) in order to get things going. I just want to obtain the missing 450 DVDs that I still need--I am not trying to prove that I'm bigger or better than anyone--I just stated what I had in order to stimulate interest in trading with me. That's all folks.

Gene M. Broxson
22676 Ottawa Road
[/quote]
29th August 2007 12:18 PM
gustavobala send your list to me, please

[email protected]
29th August 2007 12:31 PM
Dan
quote:
genembroxson wrote:

What extremely rare uncirculated private recordings do you have? Are you sure you're not suffering from grandiose dellusions or perhaps are simply intoxicated? I thought I had everything.

Can't speak for Throbby, but personally I have grandoise delusions, get intoxicated on occasion and have Stones recordings you don't.
29th August 2007 12:32 PM
Dan
quote:
mrhipfl wrote:

Yikes, that hurt. Your post seriously made me cringe. Let me clear it up a bit (just so I don't look like a bigger asshole than I already am). I didn't try to make fun of you for living in a small house, I tried to freak you out by knowing your house. (I googled your address and saw for sale ads...)Kinda like in a thriller movie where the bad guy knows the good guy's every move, ya know? Anyways, SORRY. It's cool that you have such a huge collection, though it really wouldn't mean much to me. I'd rather have a big collection of ticket stubs

I don't think he has anything to worry about posting his address all over the internet - no one wants to go to Apple Valley. The only 2 things there are to do there is lots of meth and watch Rolling Stones DVDs.
Page: 1 2 3
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
The Rolling Stones World Tour 2005 Rolling Stones Bigger Bang Tour 2005 2006 Rolling Stones Forum - Rolling Stones Message Board - Mick Jagger - Keith Richards - Brian Jones - Charlie Watts - Ian Stewart - Stu - Bill Wyman - Mick Taylor - Ronnie Wood - Ron Wood - Rolling Stones 2005 Tour - Farewell Tour - Rolling Stones: Onstage World Tour A Bigger Bang US Tour

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED)