ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Licks World Tour 2002 - 2003

Gillette Stadium, Foxboro - September 5, 2002
Click here for credits and more pix, with thanks to Moy :)

WEBRADIO CHANNELS:
[Ch1: Sike-ay-delic 60's] [Random Sike-ay-delia] [Ch3: British Invasion]

[THE WET PAGE] [IORR NEWS] [IORR TOUR SCHEDULE] [SETLISTS 62-99] [THE A/V ROOM] [THE ART GALLERY] [MICK JAGGER] [KEITHFUCIUS] [CHARLIE WATTS ] [RON WOOD] [BRIAN JONES] [MICK TAYLOR] [BILL WYMAN] [IAN STEWART ] [NICKY HOPKINS] [MERRY CLAYTON] [IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN] [BERNARD FOWLER] [LISA FISCHER] [DARRYL JONES] [BOBBY KEYS] [JAMES PHELGE] [CHUCK LEAVELL] [LINKS] [PHOTOS] [MAGAZINE COVERS] [MUSIC COVERS ] [JIMI HENDRIX] [BOOTLEGS] [TEMPLE] [GUESTBOOK] [ADMIN]

[CHAT ROOM aka THE FUN HOUSE] [RESTROOMS]

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED) inside.
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch

ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: A Few Worries Return to archive
09-02-02 06:01 PM
Honky Tonk Man As many of you know, later thius month i step aboard a plane to New Jersey, then coach to Manhatten, then back to New Jersey, then BACK to Manhatten again!

This is my first time on a plane, longest distance i have ever been from home and my FIRST Stones Show.

Right, here goes nothing

1 What if i freak out on the plane?
2 What if the plane crashes, explodes, gets hijacked?
3 What if i get mugged in Manhatten?
4 What if i get mugged in New Jersey?
5 What if Nanker doesnt give me any Chiba?
6 What if no one gets me any drink?
7 What if NO ONE LIKES ME!
8 What if no one meets me anyway?
9 Parking Lots are big places
10 What if i miss the coach after the show?

These are ALL genuine worries people. More will come shortly!

Alex
[Edited by Honky Tonk Man]
09-02-02 06:18 PM
scope And what if seeing the Stones is better than you could have possibly imagined. What if they blow the roof of MSG and you have the experience of a lifetime. And what if you follow that up with a stadium show that makes any other show you've ever seen seem like a high school concert?
What if you find out once and for all what we are all just creaming in our pants for?
Relax, the big apple don't bite.
09-02-02 06:39 PM
Gazza 1 What if i freak out on the plane?

see the film "Airplane"

2 What if the plane crashes, explodes, gets hijacked?

then youre fucked

3 What if i get mugged in Manhatten?
4 What if i get mugged in New Jersey?

you live near London,which now has far worse street crime than New York..especially the part of New York where you'll be staying. Just try not to LOOK like a tourist too much. manhattan's easy to get around anyway.

10 What if i miss the coach after the show?

its only about a 10 mile walk back to Manhattan. you can get a bus anyway

09-02-02 06:46 PM
Honky Tonk Man A ten Mile Walk??????? Gazza i get lost walking up the Road!

You are right about London though, especially Brixton. Im glad it is likely the Stones are going to choose good old Shepards Bush over that place anyday!

No, i think im doing an "Alex" again. I am a little nervous, wouldnt you be on your first trip to a big city if you were my age and you knew no one?

Im just wetting myself with anticipation. This is going to be the best moment in my life.

I wont miss the Coach, the plane wont crash, i am NOT going to watch THAT film. Everythings going to be just fine!

Alex
09-02-02 07:02 PM
parmeda
quote:
Im just wetting myself with anticipation. This is going to be the best moment in my life.

Alex, you took the words right outta my mouth and answered your own questions.

Relax! Have a great time...
Pam
09-02-02 07:10 PM
Fiji Joe OK, your gonna have to alert your guardian. I'm not sure, given the above concerns, you should be allowed to stray to far from the halfway house.
09-02-02 07:38 PM
beer stay awake for 48 hours before the plane ride. no sleep at all. 3 hours before plane takes off, start drinkin like a river. you'll either pass out and sleep through the whole flight, or you'll be so delirious, you won't even notice your flying.
09-02-02 07:55 PM
Soul Survivor what he said
09-02-02 08:47 PM
midnightmagic You will like it so much you won't go back! Good luck!
09-02-02 09:08 PM
Soul Survivor Don't worry about anything.......only worry about if the Stones are healty and ready to kick ass!
09-03-02 01:49 PM
jb Alex a/k/a HTM:
Since 9/11, I too have developed an extreme fear of flying. In fact, the reason I am not in Boston tonight, is that I was concerned about flying this close to 9/11. I occassionally have to fly in state as part of my job, and that has also been difficult. In fact, I drove to Orlando (3 hrs from Boca), instead of taking the 45 minute flight. Be very careful not to act weird on your flight, or you will be pummeled by Air Marshals and or concerned passengers. Best thing, have doctor precribe sedative and sleep....if anything happens(god forbid) you we never know..Good luck and godspeed to you and the Stones.
09-03-02 02:00 PM
Moonisup Hi jb, glad to see that you are still around!! I ain't in boston but in holland!!

regards, rik
09-03-02 02:02 PM
jb Hey, how are ya? Long Holiday weekend here in the States . Very excited about tonight and envious of those attending. Another month and 22 days until we get 2 shows here in Fla...and I guess another yr for you !!!
09-03-02 02:18 PM
Moonisup I'm fine, a bit exited!! It's here 20.15 in the evening, I think I'll get the first reports early in the morning!! Do you know what the time in boston is?

Rik
09-03-02 02:51 PM
jb It is almost 3 o'clock in the afternoon in Boston...6 hhrs before they hit the stage!
09-03-02 02:58 PM
Joey " OK, your gonna have to alert your guardian. I'm not sure, given the above concerns, you should be allowed to stray to far from the halfway house. "

Fiji Joe ...................you are absolutely precious !!!!

You ARE my favorite poster here .

Bunny

09-03-02 03:01 PM
Maxlugar I wouldn't so much as blink for more than two seconds, never mind drink and sleep.

You need your senses sharp, my little Stoneslette.

The moment some Towel Head starts muttering "God is Great" and trying to light his shoe like a Cuban Cigar, you need to start kicking ass.

Stay alert my friend. Make sure you keep your eye on anyone that looks suspicious. Like an Arab.

Good luck Alex.

Semper Fi!

M!

09-03-02 03:14 PM
jb That's funny Max..and true!!!
09-03-02 03:35 PM
scull HTM, I live in Brixton, it's actually OK, especially if you're just going to the Academy. I feel less safe in Shepards Bush - there's no-one walking about.

I reckon Manhattan is MUCH safer than most of London, not too sure about the rest of NYC tho'
09-03-02 03:52 PM
Moonisup well a few hours to the show!!!! I think they will open with brown sugar!!
09-03-02 04:11 PM
jb Hopefully we will share the $ on the StoneDoug board as we both predicted Brown Sugar. Also, thanks for the nice comments ...
09-03-02 04:13 PM
Staffan Alex, take it easy. When I was in NY this summer everything went smoothly. I'd recommend you to wear yer money under your shirt in a sort of necklace.. get what I mean? anyway, take it easy boy!
09-03-02 04:34 PM
Moonisup thanks jb
09-03-02 05:02 PM
Honky Tonk Man Oh i will be fine. Just me playing up slightly. Its true that i have never been on a plane before, but im REALLY looking forward to it actually.

Well im sure Brixton is okay really. It just has a reputation i suppose. Shepards Bush is very run down, but it has a McDonalds so its okay in my book!

Thanks Everyone

Alex

On June 16, 2001 the hit counter of the WET page was inserted here, it had 174,489 hits. Now the hit counter is for both the page and the board. The hit counter of the ITW board had 1,127,645 hits when it was closed and the Coolboard didn't have hit counter but was on line only two months and a half.
Rolling Stones tour 2002 - Rolling Stones World Tour - Rolling Stones on the road