ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Licks World Tour 2002 - 2003

Gillette Stadium, Foxboro - September 5, 2002
Click here for credits and more pix, with thanks to Moy :)

WEBRADIO CHANNELS:
[Ch1: Sike-ay-delic 60's] [Random Sike-ay-delia] [Ch3: British Invasion]

[THE WET PAGE] [IORR NEWS] [IORR TOUR SCHEDULE] [SETLISTS 62-99] [THE A/V ROOM] [THE ART GALLERY] [MICK JAGGER] [KEITHFUCIUS] [CHARLIE WATTS ] [RON WOOD] [BRIAN JONES] [MICK TAYLOR] [BILL WYMAN] [IAN STEWART ] [NICKY HOPKINS] [MERRY CLAYTON] [IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN] [BERNARD FOWLER] [LISA FISCHER] [DARRYL JONES] [BOBBY KEYS] [JAMES PHELGE] [CHUCK LEAVELL] [LINKS] [PHOTOS] [MAGAZINE COVERS] [MUSIC COVERS ] [JIMI HENDRIX] [BOOTLEGS] [TEMPLE] [GUESTBOOK] [ADMIN]

[CHAT ROOM aka THE FUN HOUSE] [RESTROOMS]

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED) inside.
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch

ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Just Download! Return to archive
09-02-02 02:20 AM
Prodigal Son That's my solution to getting stuff off of Dirty Work without actually buying the piece of crapola. And right now after using Limewire I'm enjoying the sounds of "Harlem Shuffle" and Jamming with Edward. "Harlem Shuffle" is hella funky. Love it. Although it sounds like 80s R&B it's pretty good. Also, watching the way-too-long 2 hour BTM on Aerosmith I realized how much Joe Perry and Steven Tyler rip off Mick and Keith. Joe had the whole junkie thing going, plus had a similar haircut to Keith (from 1972 to 1975) including the blonde streaks in the hair. Plus, his teeth were a little crooked. Plus, his riffs and everything else. The guy was trying to BE Keith! Steven Tyler tried too but only had the lips down right. But Joe put up an okay attempt to imitate Keith down to the last trait. Okay, so maybe I'm a bit buzzed here but it's still an argument you could make for fun.
09-02-02 02:36 AM
beer Hey, I just watched the same TV show. BTM aerosmurf. I noticed the same thing. Joe Perry/Keef thing.
09-02-02 09:30 AM
tumblingdice Same here. Looked like a long lost brothere didn't he?
09-02-02 11:49 AM
Soul Survivor I counted about 4 people on that show that said Aerosmith was either better than the stones, were the best thing since the stones, or partied better than the stones
09-03-02 12:43 AM
Prodigal Son Oh yeah. Clive Davis saying they were the closest things to the Stones he'd heard, somebody saying they were better, someone saying they were wilder and did more drugs (WTF?): Brian, Keith, were heavy drug users for a long time. Mick was more casual starting in the 70s, Mick T. had his abuses, Bill and Charlie were more than Mick but Aerosmith? I don't think they had tables lined with H, coke and other magic substances after every show. Plus, the whole thing with the drugs. The way Tyler and Perry especially went at it, they took even longer than Keith to quit. Keith had 6 or 7 years of addiction before kicking it. It took Aerosmith about 5 years more! Boy, what losers they were. The whole near fall into obscurity in the early 80s was much worse compared to the mid-80s Stones tiff with Mick and Keith. Yet VH1 treats it like Aerosmith is a more cohesive unit due to only going through 2 other members than the original and intact group. Wow, the Stones had 3 guitarists!? And their second bass player quit. Well, that's what happens after 40 years. VH1 will be my enemy. I will only ease up if a non-critical, unprecedented 3-hour version of BTM is dedicated to the Stones or at least another rock giant like the Who or Bowie. Anything but a 2 hour version of hacks like Aerostink.
09-03-02 05:48 AM
Keefness Oh, fer Chris' sakes..y'all git a life. Drugs abuse is drug abuse. Bands are apples & oranges. If you were the one on drugs for that long you'd say, too, that you gave someone famous for substance abuse a run for their money.Not somethin' to brag about, ya know?
09-03-02 09:44 AM
Maxlugar You would do well to buy the whole album my son.

I bet you are one of the people that are going to buy this whole 40 Licks butt fuckathon just to get these four new songs though.

Ma-ma MAXY!
09-03-02 10:31 AM
jb Aerosmith was a pretty dam good band until they became pop in the late 80's early 90's. I think it made sense from a marketing perspective, as thet are vastly more popular than the stones. They put a lot of efforts in the videos to attract younger audience and it works. Do they compare to the Stones...not really close..but they have clearly carved
out their place as perhaps America's greatest rock band.
09-03-02 10:48 AM
Nasty Habits BUTTFUCKATHON!
BUTTFUCKATHON!
BUTTFUCKATHON!
BUTTFUCKATHON!
BUTTFUCKATHON!
BUTTFUCKATHON!
BUTTFUCKATHON!
BUTTFUCKATHON!
BUTTFUCKATHON!
BUTTFUCKATHON!

That's really funny.

Tip o'the keyboard to Zippy the Pinhead

I just met a nurse that I could go for.

09-03-02 11:20 AM
Maxlugar I want a Mallowmar....

Nasty, have you seen this new TV commercial for 40 Licks?

It's sad to see this thing being pushed like some cheap 70's spot for K-Tel records.

ORDER NOW AND GET YOUR FREE BASS-O-MATIC!

Made my nuts shrivel.

Thank God they are touring!

M!
09-03-02 11:25 AM
jb Yeh, but it's worse if they don't move this album...they gotta sell atleast 1million to be respectable.
09-03-02 02:49 PM
Nasty Habits
quote:
Maxlugar wrote:
I want a Mallowmar....

Nasty, have you seen this new TV commercial for 40 Licks?

It's sad to see this thing being pushed like some cheap 70's spot for K-Tel records.

M!

No, I have not seen it, but I plan to incorporate the term "BUTTFUCKATHON" and the appendage "AS SEEN ON TV!" to the Whizz Records advertising campaign for 40 Licks.

I think anyone who won't admit that there's a certain air of desperation to the proceedings w/40 Licks is in a wee bit of denial.

WE ARE THE ROLLING STONES! PLEASE LOVE US LIKE YOU USED TO!

Very weird.

How much does it sell for on the TV?

They probably don't tell you, do they? Like with tickets, they charge a "mystery price" to your credit card.

Oh well, who cares? Like you say, thank god they're touring. Philadelphia here I comes.

09-03-02 05:22 PM
Jaxx >>"Harlem Shuffle" is hella funky. Love it. Although it sounds like 80s R&B it's pretty good.

maybe thats because it IS '80s R&B!

>>Oh yeah. Clive Davis saying they were the closest things to the Stones he'd heard, somebody saying they were better,

LOL. i caught that debaucherous aerosmith story as well. that band has come back from the dead several times. i would agree that they have always tried to imitate the stones and a tres cheap imitation at that. clive davis'statement was annoying and insulting. no imitation can hold a candle to the original and lets face it, aerosmith is a cheap imitation. in no way can steven tyler strutt like the "jagster" tho he tries and he tries...the statement that they are better(???) is too ridiculous for a response....ROTF

>>someone saying they were wilder and did more drugs (WTF?):

that was "little miss kiss and tell" Bebe Buelle who claimed that band aerosmith were the biggest partiers she had encountered. considering she went through more rock stars than underwear, it is quite possible she knew what she was talking about.....

On June 16, 2001 the hit counter of the WET page was inserted here, it had 174,489 hits. Now the hit counter is for both the page and the board. The hit counter of the ITW board had 1,127,645 hits when it was closed and the Coolboard didn't have hit counter but was on line only two months and a half.
Rolling Stones tour 2002 - Rolling Stones World Tour - Rolling Stones on the road