ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Licks World Tour 2002 - 2003

Gillette Stadium, Foxboro - September 5, 2002
Click here for credits and more pix, with thanks to Moy :)

WEBRADIO CHANNELS:
[Ch1: Sike-ay-delic 60's] [Random Sike-ay-delia] [Ch3: British Invasion]

[THE WET PAGE] [IORR NEWS] [IORR TOUR SCHEDULE] [SETLISTS 62-99] [THE A/V ROOM] [THE ART GALLERY] [MICK JAGGER] [KEITHFUCIUS] [CHARLIE WATTS ] [RON WOOD] [BRIAN JONES] [MICK TAYLOR] [BILL WYMAN] [IAN STEWART ] [NICKY HOPKINS] [MERRY CLAYTON] [IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN] [BERNARD FOWLER] [LISA FISCHER] [DARRYL JONES] [BOBBY KEYS] [JAMES PHELGE] [CHUCK LEAVELL] [LINKS] [PHOTOS] [MAGAZINE COVERS] [MUSIC COVERS ] [JIMI HENDRIX] [BOOTLEGS] [TEMPLE] [GUESTBOOK] [ADMIN]

[CHAT ROOM aka THE FUN HOUSE] [RESTROOMS]

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED) inside.
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch

ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: I Would Like To Make A Toast... Return to archive
09-01-02 09:47 PM
parmeda ...as I raise my glass.

To Mick...To Keith...To Ronnie...To Charlie...

For sharing with us their God given talents these past 40 years. Their passion to perform is as equal as our passion to witness...again, and again, and again.
May they each find the strength to find the force that drives that passion, in the days...the weeks...and the months to come. And in turn, may each of us find the graciousness in our hearts to thank them, in any way we can.

Thank You, Gentlemen! For your never ending endurance...for your unselfishness...and for THE BEST 40 years of music that this world has been blessed to hear. I wish you nothing but good health and to have THE MOST fun...

Adoringly, Pam

......and to all of you lucky bastards that will have the opportunity to see them first on Sept.3rd...I expect nothing less than a full blown review on the 4th! HAVE A GREAT TIME!!!!

09-01-02 10:12 PM
steel driving hammer Parmeda I'm 30 years old.

I've loved them ever since I was 12.

What first hooked me was Get Yer Ya Ya's Out-Jumping Jack Flash.

Then Carol, thinking about it now, I didn't know the Boogie Woogie even!

Everytime I hear them on the radio, it seems everything around me must stop!

It is amazing ain't it?

I raise a glass of 1999 Napa Ridge Cabernet Sauvignon.

God Bless Charlie, Keith and Mick.

I've only seen them twice in Chicago durring the B2B Tour.

Now I have those great floor seats, for 3 dates in Chicago.

Lets Drink and Parade to the hard core fans!
09-01-02 10:31 PM
VoodooChileInWOnderl Very nice post Parmeda!! I not just join the toast, I get drunk to it!!
09-01-02 10:46 PM
TheSavageYoungXyzzy Alas! As I am no longer in Holland, I cannot drink legally!

But I raise a glass of whatever I can scrounge in secret!

To the Stones!

In particular Ronnie, who has overcome (hopefully for good) a terrible addiction as Keith did twenty years ago - may he follow in his rhythm guitarist's footsteps and keep clean this tour!

And who can therefore no longer enjoy the drink that I toast him with!

May he feel its delightful taste run down his throat without the ill effects of drunkeness!

I also add - we should toast as well to all our musical friends in the world that passed this past year - Lionel Hampton, Dark Horse (Spike Wilbury, The Quiet One), The Ox (Thunderfingers), Dee Dee Ramone, Chuch Magee, to name a few; and the two Stones no longer with us - Brian Jones and Ian Stuart. All these people brought music to our lives, and we're all hooked, hopeless.

My life with the Stones is just simple, and can be summed up in one song and a lyric. "I Go Wild" is the song, the lyric goes like this...

"...sweet addiction, can't clean you out of my veins...."

So thank you Stones, and thank you musicians! Thank you everybody!

Wayyyy too happy!

-tSYX --- Raise your glass to the hardworking people...
09-01-02 10:47 PM
TheSavageYoungXyzzy
quote:
steel driving hammer wrote:
God Bless Charlie, Keith and Mick.

Steelie... are we forgetting someone?

-tSYX --- Who's the man on the corner? Not that corner! The one over there!
09-01-02 10:49 PM
Soul Survivor if RONNIE (hint) saw that.....he would cry

Probably not, I'm just sayin you left Ronnie out
09-01-02 10:51 PM
Riffhard Pam,
Oh hell yes!!!What a great idea!Here I've been toasting all my friends and nieghbors in day to day "real" life,when all my cyber Stones friends are getting jacked up 'bout "The Tour"!A mighty big SLAINTE' to you all!Here we go motherfuckers!!!!Let the madness begin!Beantown first and then the world!!!!

Cheers,Slainte,Prost,Nostroviha,...and all the other toasts I can't spell!Thanks boys for forty fucking years of all of it!!!!
Riffhard
09-01-02 11:10 PM
Nasty Habits
quote:
TheSavageYoungXyzzy wrote:

My life with the Stones is just simple, and can be summed up in one song and a lyric. "I Go Wild" is the song, the lyric goes like this...

"...sweet addiction, can't clean you out of my veins...."

Not to denigrate your fine thoughts, Savage, but that's actually from the sacred text "Dirty Work", chapter one ("One Hit to the Body", verse two.

Otherwise I wholly agree with the sentiments thus far expressed on this page. I raise my bottle of the champagne of beers to the band who taught me how to rock and roll, and convinced me that living by and for rock and roll was the only way to make it through this veil of tears.

To Mick the mouth, the tongue, the brain, the spazz monkey jerker who tries and tries and tries tries triestriestriestries . ..

To Keith the constant, the philosopher, the source, the soul, the mother fucking human riff . . .

To Charlie the rock, the swing, the motion in my ocean, the rubber leg boy . . .

To Ronnie the wag, the tag, the half in the bag, the guy who always wanted to be a Rolling Stone and finally got there, our little on stage representative, back this time to blow our minds . . .

To Cisco and Sunny and Leadbelly, too.

To Skip James, the Memphis Jug Band, and Wynonie Harris.

To the three Louies - Armstrong, Jordan, and Prima.

And Chuck Berry and Bo Diddley.

And to all you fine folks out at Rocks Off, without whom the impending wonder of this tour would merely be a private glory. Thanks for sharing.

Hey, hey, honey take a whiff on me.

[Edited by Nasty Habits]
09-01-02 11:16 PM
TheSavageYoungXyzzy Oh, nasty, I know, I meant a lyric from a different song. I couldn't pick a lyric from "I Go Wild", so I chose one from the one truly great song offa Dirty Work.

-tSYX --- Oooo, and it's got me movin'!
09-01-02 11:34 PM
Nasty Habits
quote:
Oh, nasty, I know, I meant a lyric from a different song. I couldn't pick a lyric from "I Go Wild"

What about "Without you I'm dead meat?"

quote:
so I chose one from the one truly great song offa Dirty Work.

Aaaah, my boy. Live with it for 17 years and see how you feel.

09-01-02 11:56 PM
TheSavageYoungXyzzy
quote:
Nasty Habits wrote:
What about "Without you I'm dead meat?"

Hrmm... might work!

But I like the one from "One Hit" better, because it reminds me of Keith & Ronnie.

quote:
Nasty Habits then continued, saying:
Aaaah, my boy. Live with it for 17 years and see how you feel.

OK!

(You can have the magic Dirty Work...)

(For one hundred...)

(English pounds.)

(No!)

(Too much!)

-tSYX --- Every day I get in the queue...
09-02-02 12:00 AM
Nasty Habits I'm gonna ride her!

Get it on, rider!
09-02-02 12:29 AM
Soul Survivor
quote:
parmeda wrote:

I Would Like To Make A Toast

So get some bread, and stick it in the toaster!

Just Kidding

Me too, all of their hard work........they deserve a toast
09-02-02 11:34 AM
Chico And I raise my glass of Buckfast!!!!!1
09-02-02 11:36 AM
Soul Survivor I cant believe it actually starts tomorrow! I'll be glued to the comp for sure!
09-03-02 01:52 AM
parmeda
quote:
Now I have those great floor seats, for 3 dates in Chicago.

Lets Drink and Parade to the hard core fans!

Steel...pick a time babe, I'll meet you at the bar on the main floor. Let's do this thing right!!!
09-03-02 04:29 AM
F505 Although in Holland I will drink a toast to the band that gave me everything. More than God anyhow.

On June 16, 2001 the hit counter of the WET page was inserted here, it had 174,489 hits. Now the hit counter is for both the page and the board. The hit counter of the ITW board had 1,127,645 hits when it was closed and the Coolboard didn't have hit counter but was on line only two months and a half.
Rolling Stones tour 2002 - Rolling Stones World Tour - Rolling Stones on the road