ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Licks World Tour 2002 - 2003

Gillette Stadium, Foxboro - September 5, 2002
Click here for credits and more pix, with thanks to Moy :)

WEBRADIO CHANNELS:
[Ch1: Sike-ay-delic 60's] [Random Sike-ay-delia] [Ch3: British Invasion]

[THE WET PAGE] [IORR NEWS] [IORR TOUR SCHEDULE] [SETLISTS 62-99] [THE A/V ROOM] [THE ART GALLERY] [MICK JAGGER] [KEITHFUCIUS] [CHARLIE WATTS ] [RON WOOD] [BRIAN JONES] [MICK TAYLOR] [BILL WYMAN] [IAN STEWART ] [NICKY HOPKINS] [MERRY CLAYTON] [IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN] [BERNARD FOWLER] [LISA FISCHER] [DARRYL JONES] [BOBBY KEYS] [JAMES PHELGE] [CHUCK LEAVELL] [LINKS] [PHOTOS] [MAGAZINE COVERS] [MUSIC COVERS ] [JIMI HENDRIX] [BOOTLEGS] [TEMPLE] [GUESTBOOK] [ADMIN]

[CHAT ROOM aka THE FUN HOUSE] [RESTROOMS]

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED) inside.
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch

ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Does this shirt make me look gay? Return to archive
09-01-02 12:51 PM
Riffhard A friend of mine here at the radio station I work at gave me this shirt.It's very funny but it could send the wrong message.So I need the board's help in determining the gayness factor and wheather or not I should be caught dead wearing the shirt.Now I should mention that I have nothing against gay folk but I am not a,hmmmm ummmm, a "smoker" myself.

Ok,so the shirt says "I fucked Mick Jagger" on the front with a picture of a transvestite who looks remarkably like David Johannsan during the New York Dolls period.On the back of the shirt it says "but the dress was his idea".It's a vintage shirt from the late '70s.

So I think you can see my dillema.It's a very funny shirt but.........So what do you guys think?Would you wear it?Obviously,I would never wear it to a gay bar.I would actully never go to a gay bar,but if I did,this shirt would be left in my drawer at home.

Riffhard-happily hetro with a gay shirt awaiting your responses.
09-01-02 12:59 PM
Staffan I say, wear it, BUT do NOT combine with leather pants!
09-01-02 01:01 PM
scope Definitely a 'Special Occassion' shirt only. Not something to wear any ole time. How about debuting it at MSG? Your fellow Stones fanatics will of course appreciate it, plus if any strangers try to come on to you, you'll have some friends handy so that you can say you're already taken.
09-01-02 01:07 PM
moy you'll look pretty gay, but let me tell you, not an ordinary gay but a gay of wealth and taste
09-01-02 01:08 PM
Moonisup Well I'd die for such a shirt!! Nice showing off during concerts!! Well treasure it!! And ware it at concerts!!

Rik
09-01-02 01:09 PM
sirmoonie I'd give it to Steelie if I were you.
09-01-02 01:15 PM
marcus aurelianus Wear it ! Don't bother about what people would say ...
09-01-02 01:30 PM
Martha My gawd Riffie...without all those gay folks (Andy W, etc.) that have been so influential (style-wise, etc.,) for the Stones image, just where would the Stones be today, anyway?? The shirt is a wonderful (and totally cool) tribute to Stonesian history.

So I say...puff up your chest and PROUDLY wear that GREAT fuckin' shirt to the show!

Keep us posted on the response you get....

......it will be all good...!

09-01-02 01:33 PM
Maxlugar Gay.

Gay.

Gay.

Gay.

Gay.

Gay.

Gay.

Gay.

Gay.

Gay.

Gay.

Gay.

Gay.

Gay.

Gay.

Gay.

Gay.

Gay.

Gay.

Gay.

Gay.

Gay.

Gay.

Gay.

It has a "Yoooooo Hoooooo!" factor of 10 (Out of 10)

09-01-02 01:36 PM
Mr T very gay - but if you wear it to a Stones concert I'm sure more people will get the humor in it
09-01-02 01:49 PM
Fiji Joe The shirt sounds sssssuper, if you suck di*k.
09-01-02 02:18 PM
Uncle Remus Yes. And those pants make your ass look fat.
09-01-02 02:24 PM
parmeda Riff!
Where the damn thing...have someone take a photo of you in it...and get it posted here!!!!
I would love to see it!!!

...and if you're feelin' kinda shakey about the whole thing, shit, send it over here...I'll be happy to sport it!
Pam
09-01-02 03:01 PM
VoodooChileInWOnderl Oh baby, you'll be king! The most popular of the men's club LOL

09-01-02 03:05 PM
kc152 I belive it is David Bowie on the shirt
09-01-02 03:12 PM
VoodooChileInWOnderl Right, in that one is David Bowie
09-01-02 03:13 PM
Riffhard Ok let's clear the air here.That is not my picture that Gerardo posted.In fact the transvestite on my shirt is not the same transvestite as the transvestite on that shirt.Now that I see another guy wearing a simmilar shirt though,I'm pretty sure that I would look gay wearing my shirt.I hope this reinstates me in the ranks of purely hetrosexual tits and ass loving American males.

Riffhard

PS-Yooooooo hoooooo Maxy,thanks for your input,uhhh,I mean,uhhhh,how 'bout them Bears?!
[Edited by Riffhard]
09-01-02 03:15 PM
parmeda Thanks Voo...

(I want one!)
09-01-02 08:24 PM
Miss U. Hey, I'd wear that shirt Riffhard...but I'm female, so if you decide not to wear it, I'll take it...

Love your avatar, "Moonisup"!!

09-02-02 11:34 AM
Martha
I never (almost ) see any vintage shirts from the 70's at shows...so I say...WEAR IT.

Bring a hooker with you to the show and hang all over her to keep 'em guessin'!

And yes, PLEASE post a picture of you wearing it!

martha
09-02-02 11:38 AM
Soul Survivor Just where it..........if anybody sees you, when are they going to see you again anyway?

So who gives a fuck, and where the shirt
09-02-02 10:01 PM
Sir Stonesalot Sure, wear it. Just don't stand real close to me, or touch my incredibly fine ass. I like you, but I don't "Like" you like you.
09-02-02 11:00 PM
mick&keith Wear what makes you happy
You seem to wanna wear this shirt
It sounds like a great shirt...so
Wear It and Enjoy the show!!!

On June 16, 2001 the hit counter of the WET page was inserted here, it had 174,489 hits. Now the hit counter is for both the page and the board. The hit counter of the ITW board had 1,127,645 hits when it was closed and the Coolboard didn't have hit counter but was on line only two months and a half.
Rolling Stones tour 2002 - Rolling Stones World Tour - Rolling Stones on the road