ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
A Bigger Bang Tour 2006

Forum Outdoor, Horsens 3rd September
© Jyllands Posten with special thanks to Jeep!
[ ROCKSOFF.ORG ] [ IORR NEWS ] [ SETLISTS 1962-2006 ] [ FORO EN ESPAÑOL ] [ BIT TORRENT TRACKER ] [ BIT TORRENT HELP ] [ BIRTHDAY'S LIST ] [ MICK JAGGER ] [ KEITHFUCIUS ] [ CHARLIE WATTS ] [ RONNIE WOOD ] [ BRIAN JONES ] [ MICK TAYLOR ] [ BILL WYMAN ] [ IAN "STU" STEWART ] [ NICKY HOPKINS ] [ MERRY CLAYTON ] [ IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN ] [ LINKS ] [ PHOTOS ] [ JIMI HENDRIX ] [ TEMPLE ] [ GUESTBOOK ] [ ADMIN ]
CHAT ROOM aka The Fun HOUSE Rest rooms last days
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: October 11th Soldier Field - Ticket Available & HELP!!! Return to archive
30th August 2006 11:56 AM
JumpinJackFrash Hi Folks,

I normally don't post here, but I thought i'd let you all in on something:

I'm a Theatre major at Indiana University, and I just got cast in my first mainstage show at the school, which is a great thing for me. But sadly I have to give up my ticket to the October 11th, 2006 show at Soldier Field

TICKET DETAILS:
---------------

Section B3
Row 16
Seat 10.

This is a good ticket, so I've been told if you want to immerse yourself in the B-stage experience.

I paid $475, but I'd be willing to let it go for $400 or your best offer.

My e-mail is available if you wish to contact me!

Thanks!

I could really use your help here, folks. I'm in a bad spot and need some suggestions and any help you might have on how to get this ticket to someone who could use it, or if I could trade it for another show, anywhere in the US in late October or November.

I really appreciate your help!
30th August 2006 12:17 PM
voodoopug try posting this on www.shidoobee.com and www.iorr.org as well, plenty of stones fans frequent those sites as well.

Offering a trade for a different show is not a bad idea as well. I will keep my ears open for you.

John
30th August 2006 12:27 PM
JumpinJackFrash Thanks John,

I posted on IORR

I guess I would be interested in trading it for a seat at Atlantic City
30th August 2006 12:57 PM
glencar Is Soldiers still wide open?
30th August 2006 02:44 PM
voodoopug
quote:
glencar wrote:
Is Soldiers still wide open?

it used to be open similar to Paris Hilton's legs, now It is only about as open as Kobe Bryants marraige....(aka not as wide open as before, but still some available).
30th August 2006 02:45 PM
glencar Wow, you do miss Joshy, doncha?
30th August 2006 03:03 PM
voodoopug
quote:
glencar wrote:
Wow, you do miss Joshy, doncha?

You have created a post praising "Streets of Love"......Sadly, your credibility is threatening to head towards "From Ian" territory.
30th August 2006 03:09 PM
Some Guy Oh no he dit int.
30th August 2006 03:11 PM
glencar
quote:
voodoopug wrote:

You have created a post praising "Streets of Love"......Sadly, your credibility is threatening to head towards "From Ian" territory.

Anybody who has seen the song live admits it's much better than on the CD. Don't be a victim of your prejudice. Seriously.
30th August 2006 03:20 PM
voodoopug
quote:
glencar wrote:
Anybody who has seen the song live admits it's much better than on the CD. Don't be a victim of your prejudice. Seriously.

It may be better live than it is on the record, but from the recordings I have heard, it may go from a 1.0 on a scale of 100 to a 1.9 on a scale of 100.

Don't be a victim of wishing for a setlist change and then salivating at any little change. SOL is the worst song on the new album, and one of their worst ever (with apologies to "Anyway You Look At It", "Back to Zero", "Gomper" and others). There were hundreds of other/better choices to add to the rotation. Expectations are being set far too low if this is what gives fans renewed interest in seeing the Stones live.
30th August 2006 04:05 PM
glencar I actually think BM is worse than SOL. SOL is a classic ballad. I quite like it. Why they didn't do it over here last fall is a mystery.
30th August 2006 04:16 PM
voodoopug
quote:
glencar wrote:
I actually think BM is worse than SOL. SOL is a classic ballad. I quite like it. Why they didn't do it over here last fall is a mystery.

I like BM better, the two from ABB that I dislike are SOL and DB. I think the reason they didnt do it in the US is because SOL was released as the "worldwide" single and Rough Justice was the "US" single. They opted, and sadly, ultimately dropped, to play Back of My Hand as the slower paced new song during the early stretches of the tour. By the time they changed up the ABB songs (aside from the rare appearance from It Wont Take Long), they went with the new single, Rain Fall Down (See: The Salt Lake Incident).

It didnt help when Stonesdoug, universally respected and accepted as one of the most knowledgeable and influential stones fans, said it sucks, especially since it is well known that the band and/or their reps read his site and this one:

"It absolutely SUCKS!!!!

Thank God for Rough Justice---that's the only song I'll be listening to this week-end"

Stonesdoug 07-22-05

There are dozens of other balads i would rather see on the setlist when I see a few shows this fall.
30th August 2006 04:43 PM
glencar Rain Fall Down was especially well done at Twickenham.
30th August 2006 04:44 PM
glencar Pug, please stop sucking up to Doug. Yes, when Joshy does it it's tres funny but when you do it, it's jsut feh.
30th August 2006 04:52 PM
voodoopug
quote:
glencar wrote:
Pug, please stop sucking up to Doug. Yes, when Joshy does it it's tres funny but when you do it, it's jsut feh.

I consider Doug a friend of mine and shall acknowledge that his opinion means something to the stones. Doug (along with Voodoo and Gazza) allowed me to promote my old band.

Please find a new strategy to posting, you are beginning to look like Motley Crue out here today!
30th August 2006 04:56 PM
glencar Yes, I'm sure the Stones care what any of us have to say. Laughable.
30th August 2006 05:43 PM
voodoopug
quote:
glencar wrote:
Yes, I'm sure the Stones care what any of us have to say. Laughable.

Note: Sway and Can't You Hear Me Knocking was played on the last two tours after they were voted "most wanted song to hear live" on Shidoobee and they finally were inserted into the setlists. I tend to think that the supporting musicians care a great deal about the boards as it was Chuck who pushed to alter the setlists.
30th August 2006 06:01 PM
glencar I'll grant that's possible but I can't see them refraining from playing a song just because a board manager doesn't like it. The Stones don't react like that. Otherwise, we'd be hearing fewer warhorses & more gems.
30th August 2006 10:34 PM
JumpinJackFrash Help, I've been hijacked!
30th August 2006 11:26 PM
not bound to please
quote:
voodoopug wrote:

I consider Doug a friend of mine and shall acknowledge that his opinion means something to the stones.

Yes - as a good laugh.

31st August 2006 01:06 AM
pdog
quote:
JumpinJackFrash wrote:
Help, I've been hijacked!

A hijack is the new bump...
I'm a generational terrorist!
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
The Rolling Stones World Tour 2005 Rolling Stones Bigger Bang Tour 2005 2006 Rolling Stones Forum - Rolling Stones Message Board - Mick Jagger - Keith Richards - Brian Jones - Charlie Watts - Ian Stewart - Stu - Bill Wyman - Mick Taylor - Ronnie Wood - Ron Wood - Rolling Stones 2005 Tour - Farewell Tour - Rolling Stones: Onstage World Tour A Bigger Bang US Tour

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED)