ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
A Bigger Bang Tour 2006

Forum Outdoor, Horsens 3rd September
© Jyllands Posten with special thanks to Jeep!
[ ROCKSOFF.ORG ] [ IORR NEWS ] [ SETLISTS 1962-2006 ] [ FORO EN ESPAÑOL ] [ BIT TORRENT TRACKER ] [ BIT TORRENT HELP ] [ BIRTHDAY'S LIST ] [ MICK JAGGER ] [ KEITHFUCIUS ] [ CHARLIE WATTS ] [ RONNIE WOOD ] [ BRIAN JONES ] [ MICK TAYLOR ] [ BILL WYMAN ] [ IAN "STU" STEWART ] [ NICKY HOPKINS ] [ MERRY CLAYTON ] [ IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN ] [ LINKS ] [ PHOTOS ] [ JIMI HENDRIX ] [ TEMPLE ] [ GUESTBOOK ] [ ADMIN ]
CHAT ROOM aka The Fun HOUSE Rest rooms last days
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Bad Timing Return to archive
29th August 2006 03:57 PM
glencar http://hotair.com/archives/2006/08/29/potty-break-mic-snafu-cnns-phillips-chats-in-the-loo-during-bush-speech/
29th August 2006 04:09 PM
SweetVirginia
That's hilarious! Wonder if the married guy whose wife "is a freak" was listening....or better yet, his freak wife!

SV

29th August 2006 04:29 PM
monkey_man Was she "dropping the kids off at the pool" while in the bathroom???
29th August 2006 04:36 PM
glencar I rhink you can here her washing her hands...
29th August 2006 05:05 PM
Black and Blue
quote:
monkey_man wrote:
Was she "dropping the kids off at the pool" while in the bathroom???

No, I thought that at first but I listened a second time and I beleive it's just the rustling of the microphone.
30th August 2006 02:40 PM
glencar http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8fjxSoHgSN4&eurl=
30th August 2006 04:23 PM
voodoopug
quote:
glencar wrote:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8fjxSoHgSN4&eurl=

CNN says sorry for live mic gaffe

US broadcaster CNN has apologized after an anchorwoman's chat with a colleague was accidentally broadcast live during a speech by President George W Bush.

The conversation between Kyra Phillips and another woman was clearly heard as Mr Bush talked in New Orleans to mark the anniversary of Hurricane Katrina.

During the chat, Ms Phillips talked about her husband and called her sister-in-law a "control freak".

CNN apologized to viewers and the president, citing "audio difficulties".

'Handsome and loving'

The gaffe happened when Ms Phillips' microphone remained on during a brief break from the set of the daily news programme Live From.

The program was broadcasting Mr Bush's speech live from New Orleans, but viewers also heard about 90 seconds of the anchorwoman's conversation during what has been described as a bathroom or hair and make-up break.

Her comments, which were at first muffled but then became clearer, started with an apparent expletive, before turning to praise of her husband in a conversation about men.

"Yeah, I'm very lucky in that regard with my husband. My husband is handsome and he is genuinely a loving, you know, no ego... you know what I'm saying," she was heard telling the other woman, whose identity is not known.

"Just a really passionate, compassionate, great, great human being. And they exist. They do exist. They're hard to find... But they are out there."

'Protective'

Shortly afterwards she was heard laughing, before talking about her brother.

"I've got to be protective of him," she said. "He's married, three kids and his wife is just a control freak."

At that point, another woman's voice is heard cutting in, telling Ms Phillips to turn off her microphone as her conversation had been on the air, and the broadcast chat ends.

CNN issued a statement apologizing for the error, and also apologized to the White House, Reuters news agency reported.

"CNN experienced audio difficulties during the president's speech today in New Orleans," the statement said.

"We apologize to our viewers and the president for the disruption."

Now that my friends, is a great example of humiliation.

"Be prepared to be humiliated on cable television" - White Goodman 2004
30th August 2006 04:40 PM
glencar CNN should apologize to that anchoress's sister-in-law!
30th August 2006 04:40 PM
voodoopug
quote:
glencar wrote:
CNN should apologize to that anchoress's sister-in-law!

agreed
30th August 2006 04:41 PM
Some Guy this is a sham of a travesty and a travesty of a sham.
30th August 2006 04:42 PM
glencar
quote:
Some Guy wrote:
this is a sham of a travesty and a travesty of a sham.

HUH?
30th August 2006 04:44 PM
Some Guy
quote:
glencar wrote:
HUH?

beats me.
30th August 2006 04:45 PM
glencar i hear ya...
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
The Rolling Stones World Tour 2005 Rolling Stones Bigger Bang Tour 2005 2006 Rolling Stones Forum - Rolling Stones Message Board - Mick Jagger - Keith Richards - Brian Jones - Charlie Watts - Ian Stewart - Stu - Bill Wyman - Mick Taylor - Ronnie Wood - Ron Wood - Rolling Stones 2005 Tour - Farewell Tour - Rolling Stones: Onstage World Tour A Bigger Bang US Tour

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED)