ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
A Bigger Bang Tour 2006

Forum Outdoor, Horsens 3rd September
© Jyllands Posten with special thanks to Jeep!
[ ROCKSOFF.ORG ] [ IORR NEWS ] [ SETLISTS 1962-2006 ] [ FORO EN ESPAÑOL ] [ BIT TORRENT TRACKER ] [ BIT TORRENT HELP ] [ BIRTHDAY'S LIST ] [ MICK JAGGER ] [ KEITHFUCIUS ] [ CHARLIE WATTS ] [ RONNIE WOOD ] [ BRIAN JONES ] [ MICK TAYLOR ] [ BILL WYMAN ] [ IAN "STU" STEWART ] [ NICKY HOPKINS ] [ MERRY CLAYTON ] [ IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN ] [ LINKS ] [ PHOTOS ] [ JIMI HENDRIX ] [ TEMPLE ] [ GUESTBOOK ] [ ADMIN ]
CHAT ROOM aka The Fun HOUSE Rest rooms last days
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Is it Possible to sue RS.COM Return to archive
29th August 2006 11:36 AM
tumbled for unjust enrichment, considering they take $100 in fees from people, charging their credit cards by default for automatic renewal, providing only a very small benefit of PERHAPS better tickets however, better seats always show up with FAN ASYLUM and by calling a human being at Ticketmaster. Also, being harassed by members and being banned due to a clique mentality by Ultastar makes me want to take legal action. Where do I begin??

If I may, could you put down your name or a/k/a
if you feel you have been ripped off? I know 10 or so people who are disenchanted. I would like to do a survey.

1. tumbled
[Edited by tumbled]
29th August 2006 11:40 AM
voodoopug
quote:
tumbled wrote:
for unjust enrichment, considering they take $100 in fees from people, charging their credit cards by default for automatic renewal, providing only a very small benefit of PERHAPS better tickets however, better seats always show up with FAN ASYLUM and by calling a human being at Ticketmaster. Also, being harassed by members and being banned due to a clique mentality by Ultastar makes me want to take legal action. Where do I begin??

Not possible at all. It is clearly written that your membership will automatically renew (similar to Girls Gone Wild Video orders) and you have the option of logging into your account and disabling that feature.

Also, they never guaranteed the right to the BEST seats in the house, just a "special allotment" for rs.com members. They also allow you to cancel your membership for a full refund if you do not procure tickets.

Being harrassed by members on a message board? I suggest reading the archives of this board and see how vicious the attacks have been against jb, myself, maxlugar, fijijoe, FPM, etc. Being part of an anonymous community requires a thick skin.

I would suggest cancelling your membership via rs.com unless you have already purchased tickets, in which case, poor use of ADDA if you were unhappy with your assigned tickets.
29th August 2006 11:47 AM
nankerphelge Lotsa luck!

Your money would be better spent in hiring a top notch hacker to go in and totally fuck the place up.
29th August 2006 11:48 AM
voodoopug
quote:
nankerphelge wrote:
Lotsa luck!

Your money would be better spent in hiring a top notch hacker to go in and totally fuck the place up.

Not fair to Young Jacob after all he has done for us!
29th August 2006 11:48 AM
tumbled Thank you I think you are correct. Its not worth it, however, the number of unhappy members at least of what I am aware of, is incredible. Buyer beware. The temptation of virtual ticket draws you in but the message board is nothing but a quagmire of stupidity. Lesson learned.

I am quite tempted to take you up on that nankerphelge. I would get a sinister sense of satisfaction from that.

but I won't. still its a nice thought.
[Edited by tumbled]
29th August 2006 11:55 AM
Gimme Shelter Yeah, I was kinda shocked too, when all of a sudden $100. just vanished from my account and it was my renewal.
29th August 2006 11:55 AM
voodoopug
quote:
tumbled wrote:
Thank you I think you are correct. Its not worth it, however, the number of unhappy members at least of what I am aware of, is incredible. Buyer beware. The temptation of virtual ticket draws you in but the message board is nothing but a quagmire of stupidity. Lesson learned.

I am quite tempted to take you up on that nankerphelge. I would get a sinister sense of satisfaction from that.
[Edited by tumbled]

Also keep this scenario in mind:

Have you ever complained at a fast food restaraunt about poor food or the order being incorrect? Just about everyone has.

Have you ever went up to the cashier at a fast food restaraunt and told them that their food was very good? Very few have.

Point being that the general trend is to complain when dissatisfied and not say/do anything if you are satisfied. The voice of those who are angry or feel "wronged" or unable to read the refund policy will far exceed those "singing the praises" simply because people have a general feeling of entitlement and when things go perfectly their way, no thanks are in order because they expected perfection from the start with anything less being unacceptable.

One rule has stayed true for the entire "ticketmaster" era....if you want to be guaranteed the best seats....pony up the big bucks to the brokers. Our society is, for better or worse, set up to reward the successful with the best perks and keep the less successful fighting to move up the ladder. (see: Rocky 2 where Micky was booking "patsys" to fight Rocky to keep him on top untl Clubber Lang made it personal)
29th August 2006 11:57 AM
Nellcote Sorry, don't mean to be crass, however, someone once told me...If you do not want something, do not look to purchase it...
29th August 2006 11:58 AM
voodoopug
quote:
Nellcote wrote:
Sorry, don't mean to be crass, however, someone once told me...If you do not want something, do not look to purchase it...

econ 101
29th August 2006 12:03 PM
jb
quote:
Nellcote wrote:
Sorry, don't mean to be crass, however, someone once told me...If you do not want something, do not look to purchase it...

see opener 9/20/06 in Boston...still wide open my friend..economics 101 indeed...suppy/demand=wide open!!!
29th August 2006 12:07 PM
voodoopug
quote:
jb wrote:

see opener 9/20/06 in Boston...still wide open my friend..economics 101 indeed...suppy/demand=wide open!!!

Fleet Center would have been the logical choice for an opening show if they wanted to play in the Boston area first. The real test will not be in how the piss and moan about this horrible decision, but rather, how they react and still fill the joint up. (see: Chuck Norris aborting initial mission to free hostages in "Delta Force" but rather taking matters into his own hands and in the end rescuing them!)
29th August 2006 12:08 PM
jb
quote:
voodoopug wrote:

Fleet Center would have been the logical choice for an opening show if they wanted to play in the Boston area first. The real test will not be in how the piss and moan about this horrible decision, but rather, how they react and still fill the joint up. (see: Chuck Norris aborting initial mission to free hostages in "Delta Force" but rather taking matters into his own hands and in the end rescuing them!)

http://www.creators.com/opinion_show.cfm?columnsName=miv

This is why lawyers are needed to fight big businesss....
29th August 2006 12:11 PM
Jumping Jack Why buy a fan club membership when you can use the AmEx 800 # and get better tickets?
29th August 2006 12:16 PM
tumbled Nellcote you are correct.

I opted not renew. But the cost of $100 should allow me to post on a site without being harassed. I was banned for sticking up for myself and my friend who was being harassed. I have not received a refund after numerous requests. Ultrastar is simply doing what certain members ask them to do. The bigger damage is non-monetary, i.e., by participating in this extortion you feel like a fool to be a fan. And after numerous requests by mail and email and phone, no refund has ever been credited to me and I and others have been subject to abuse by other members who participate in a mob mentality where gossip and untruths are spread like herpes the gift that keeps on giving..

Okay thanks for letting me vent. RS.COM is a rip off and will age you beyond your years. nuff said
29th August 2006 12:17 PM
Dan
quote:
tumbled wrote:
The temptation of virtual ticket draws you in but the message board is nothing but a quagmire of stupidity. Lesson learned.

Are you new to the internet?
29th August 2006 12:22 PM
Jumping Jack Just say no to Ultrastar and fan clubs.
29th August 2006 01:02 PM
tumbled
quote:
Dan wrote:

Are you new to the internet?

no just hard headed and brainwashed into believing in golden rule. humbug.!!

fan club spam club

AND let me add that rs.com DEFAULTS you to automatically charge your card and you have to make an effort to go in and UNCHECK automaticaly renew even tho you had unchecked the box LAST YEAR. So if you rarely go on there and don't check it again you get charged. Its a crock.

[Edited by tumbled]
29th August 2006 02:04 PM
Mel Belli I completely forgot about the automatic renewal thing, and instead got an e-mail from them saying there was a problem with the account. Turns out, I never updated my credit-card number when my bank sent a new one. Laziness and absent-mindedness save the day by default: Woo-hoo!
[Edited by Mel Belli]
29th August 2006 02:45 PM
Dick Bush Not at all, it wouldn't make any sense to sue the greedy, tired codgers who pay the best lawyers on earth.

Just let them make their shitty buck and ignore their great bargains for the dumb folks, coz they know not what they do.

29th August 2006 05:09 PM
tumbled fair warning! I would like to add that my ticket choices were much better by reaching a human being on ticketmaster and asking for Front Row b stage tickets which I DID GET for $160.00 thru that the human being at ticketmaster. and they were not available thru the rs.com legacy/whatever presale choice.

so . grand rip off IMHO

29th August 2006 05:40 PM
Saint Sway gotta love the Stones. Apparently $450 tickets and $100 "Fan Club" memberships werent enough to the screw the fans. So they came up with:

Legacy Seating
Hot Seats
On Stage Seating
VIP Fan Club Packages

whats next???
29th August 2006 05:40 PM
Dick Bush
quote:
tumbled wrote:
fair warning! I would like to add that my ticket choices were much better by reaching a human being on ticketmaster and asking for Front Row b stage tickets which I DID GET for $160.00 thru that the human being at ticketmaster. and they were not available thru the rs.com legacy/whatever presale choice.

so . grand rip off IMHO

Never expect any benefits from aged people who offer you the splendor of viewing their website for just $100 per year, no matter what they promise.

Greed is a death sin.

29th August 2006 08:01 PM
tumbled
quote:
Dick Bush wrote:

Never expect any benefits from aged people who offer you the splendor of viewing their website for just $100 per year, no matter what they promise.

Greed is a death sin.

hear hear! lesson learned my friend. oh well. so muchfor that place...
29th August 2006 09:00 PM
tumbled I still need to sue RS.com for my own sanity.
the place has treated me like crap. I'm going to work on it tomorrow. ULTRASTAR MUST DIE
29th August 2006 09:06 PM
VoodooChileInWOnderl Automatic renewal!!!

Shit... I'm gonna check my credit card next month

It's very simple, don't sue the bastards just deny the charge and the bank will refund. No explanation is required unless you signed an automatic renewal agreementn and even that way you can deny the charge.

Then become a member using your tickets
29th August 2006 10:14 PM
Taptrick
I'm not sure that I agree that the automatic renewal thing is not challengeable. I was under the impression that the reason Columbia House and BMG have to accept returns from on the CDs that they say users "purchased" by not checking the "do not send box" - was because it had been legally determined that someone can not purchase something unless they literally do specifically that. I think that's the reason that all these credit protection offers have to refund money when people realize they forgot to call up and cancel after their one free month.

Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
The Rolling Stones World Tour 2005 Rolling Stones Bigger Bang Tour 2005 2006 Rolling Stones Forum - Rolling Stones Message Board - Mick Jagger - Keith Richards - Brian Jones - Charlie Watts - Ian Stewart - Stu - Bill Wyman - Mick Taylor - Ronnie Wood - Ron Wood - Rolling Stones 2005 Tour - Farewell Tour - Rolling Stones: Onstage World Tour A Bigger Bang US Tour

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED)